No announcement yet.

Bujinkult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could a Buj guy kick a MMA'ers ass? Sure. That's not my point. The point is this website demands proof of claims. If you make a claim like Felipe212, expect to be asked for proof.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

i saw some video once of a Buj off shoot in which these guys but on MMA gloves and sparred full contact. I think they were out of California. I could see those fellows doing well.

So it can happen

But I to think the poster is FOS

Comment

Dear Bujinkult and Felipe,

(A) You do not need external validation, if you have confidence in your training and abilities,
        and/or those of your teachers.

(B) Speaking as a fat middle aged guy who does Tai Chi, you sure as hell ain't going to get any validation here. You are going to get trial by fire, and all your suppositions immediately challenged, and faulty logic crammed back up your own bunghole. What the hell were you thinking?

(C) Take a deep breath, then go here.

http://www.plumpub.com/info/Fun/gunfu.htm

(D) Keep training.

"What does not kill me, makes me stronger."
        ----- Some dead kraut dude.

Comment

Metarat, thanks for responding and your absolutly right, I feel confidant of my training and abilities, most here have not even tried bujinkan and have therfore no valid opinion in my eyes, for goju first of i dont work in a bar, i have a financial job with a bank, second i dont worship hatsumi, i just think he is a very good martial artist and a humble person, just so that everyone knows hatsumi is probably smarter then alot of people he holds a MD in osteopathic medicine.

So actualy for the people that say that he is so greedy, he has made far more money in life by being a osteopathic medicine doctor then actualy teaching Bujinkan.

Well this is what i can say, No i am not a liar, what i have expierence in class like my MMA friend fighting etc... is my personal expierence i really dont care if people belief me or not, just remeber that everyone has a right to their opinion.

Another thing i really dont believe in on here is how people bash other styles but yet so one has come up with a "Perfect" style, so please when the people that are bashing other styles come up with a "Perfect superman" style let me know, yes i believe that there are flaws in all martial art styles.

So now i am gona take a deep breath and go train not only my body but my mind and hopefully forget the ignorance of some people that post here.

Comment

opinions are like assholes everyone has one

Comment

Originally posted by felipe212
              Another thing i really dont believe in on here is how people bash other styles but yet so one has come up with a "Perfect" style, so please when the people that are bashing other styles come up with a "Perfect superman" style let me know, yes i believe that there are flaws in all martial art styles.

So now i am gona take a deep breath and go train not only my body but my mind and hopefully forget the ignorance of some people that post here.
              There is no perfect style. Anyone that tells you otherwise is misinformed.
              Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I feel somewhat at home here on bullshido. I've been lurking off and on for a year or two. I like it here, call me a masochist.

Felipe, you won't find any welcome here. This forum is all about legitimacy in martial arts and if you aren't prepared to test your training both verbally and physically then this probably isn't the forum for you. If you aren't prepared to back up your statements with something other than faith, then this isn't the forum for you. It isn't a bad thing, just go elsewhere. This forum has it's own strengths and weaknesses and you should have lurked more before joining. 'Knowing your atmosphere' is taught in the Bujinkan, so either go away or deal with it and next time do a little information gathering. That's me trying to help you, I'm not being mean.

I am in the Bujinkan because I tried a class and found a guy that I can't kick the ass of. Period. I took a class at EVERY single school that I could find in my area and the Bujinkan kicked my ass the best. If I find something better, I will move on. You should too.

Bujinkult: I study Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu, not necessarily Ninjutsu. There is purpose to the name, as Hatsumi says. There are valid third party arguments for the possibility*(not the existance) of the Bujinkan containing Ninjutsu but none of them bare fruit because the arguments do not meet the standard of proof for this website or the Koryu. That doesn't mean it isn't true, just that they don't have or won't show the "proof." I have a 2nd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do, but I never paid the $500 to get it certified through kukiwon so I have no proof. That means that when it really comes down to it, a third party inspection service could be justified in saying that I don't have my 2nd dan. They would be wrong, but I have no proof either. So we all accept it and move on.

So lets do that.

Comment

Welcome Shinoobie, stop by the Style Fourms http://www.bullshido.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=103

Comment

??WTF??

Well, okay, I did mean what I say about self confidence (and the ability to kick ass) being the only validation needed.

But did anyone click on the link?

Hatsumi in a cowboy outfit? Hello?

Was I . . . . . nice? OMG, I'm so sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by felipe212
                      Metarat, thanks for responding and your absolutly right, I feel confidant of my training and abilities, most here have not even tried bujinkan and have therfore no valid opinion in my eyes, for goju first of i dont work in a bar, i have a financial job with a bank, second i dont worship hatsumi, i just think he is a very good martial artist and a humble person, just so that everyone knows hatsumi is probably smarter then alot of people he holds a MD in osteopathic medicine.

So actualy for the people that say that he is so greedy, he has made far more money in life by being a osteopathic medicine doctor then actualy teaching Bujinkan.

Well this is what i can say, No i am not a liar, what i have expierence in class like my MMA friend fighting etc... is my personal expierence i really dont care if people belief me or not, just remeber that everyone has a right to their opinion.

Funny, I've done bujinkan. Is my opinion valid? It has virtually no realistic application whatsoever. But hey, don't listen to me, I only made it to lowly 5th kyu. There are people on this site (Virus) that made it way further up the rank scale in BBT, and they'll tell you the same thing.

About martial arts all having flaws, it's a known fact. That's why smart people crosstrain in arts that have the least flaws, and call it MMA. And by the way, Bujinkan is full of flaws. Even the basic stances are flawed in combat applications. Their lineage history is flawed, and probaly fake.

Finally, Hatsumi holding a MD doesn't prove anything other then the fact he made it through med school. It doesn't redempt him from flaws.

Comment

I don't know what sort of training you bujinkan gentlemen have been getting but I got the straight Negato/Hatsumi style stuff and found it excatly like what Backdraft says.

Comment

By the way, what rank did you attain? I was 5th kyu.

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                            I don't know what sort of training you bujinkan gentlemen have been getting but I got the straight Negato/Hatsumi style stuff and found it excatly like what Backdraft says.

Uh, no. You got someone's version of it maybe.

Comment

forget the bujinkan. Ashida Kim is who you should be studying under. His skill and ablity are unmatched in his mind. His death touch with a straw is eye opening as to what you have been missing in the lesser taijutsu school of hatsumi. Just look at what you could have been studying under the ninja god of ashida kim. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILt2xDJu0dg . Some day I will be a koga ninja master like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Muqatil
                                Uh, no. You got someone's version of it maybe.

God forbid that someone actually train with Hatsumi in person and still find his style to be ineffective. Why, that would just be like, not cool.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X