My complete ownage of Crack Mcwhatever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My complete ownage of Crack Mcwhatever

So I am having a fun time with Cracky and I thought I would like to share it with his legions of fans.

The debate is taking place in the BJJ vs Wrestling for takedown thread.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48625

The argument starts here after I make this highly controversial statement in post #5 #

Where I say
    Look up CSW - Combat Submission Wrestling -if you want a good mix
    By this I mean a good mix of BJJ and wrestling

Cracky chimes in wisely here at post #14

Originally posted by Cracky McSlugHoot
    Combat Submission Wrestling is watered down BJJ combined with watered down Wrestling and some watered down Judo, IMO.

If you want to be a good grappler, you should do BJJ for submissions, free/folkstyle wrestling for shoots/sprawls, and Judo for throws.
    Which I respond to in post #18

Now you're talking out of your ass.

First of all CSW isn't just about grappling. It's about submission grappling with strikes. Basically MMA. And it addresses things that neither BJJ nor Judo even touch on.
    Erik Paulson is what belt in BJJ?
    OH NOSE!!!!!!!!

Of course he quickly realizes the big flaw and responds # 41

He got his black in August of this year. He's been teaching CSW for years, so that means he's been teaching grappling at a less than stellar level during that time.

[email protected] being owned. Stop nut riding.
    My response in #43

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
    Yes because a 2 X shooto champion probably knew nothing about grappling for MMA.

ONCE AGAIN CSW is NOT a pure grappling martial art like BJJ or catch wrestling or whatever.

How many world champions have there been who haven't been BJJ black belts?
    No actually this thread is about TAKEDOWNS BJJ VS wrestling.

CSW has better takedowns than BJJ.

WHY? Because CSW uses striking to set up the takedowns in it's techniques and training.

I.E you train and practice in an alive manner with 16 ounce gloves to overwhelm someone with a combo to set up either the double or single leg.

When do you ever do that in a typical BJJ class? Or even wrestling?

Saying it's watered down is completely missing the point
    Better takedowns through striking? What? Troll? Shut the fuck up. Shuma already owned you on your false dichotomies...
    Here I respond in post #50

You're right no one sets up takedowns with strikes.

Never happens.

Not once in any MMA match

Not Royce faking a straight leg kick into a shoot.

Nor Matt Hughes throwing towards the head to get people to bring their arms up so he can get his underhooks in and cross body lock.

There's no need to ever practice that

You really pawned me there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtwzQO876Y
    Last UFC champ to do CSW? Last Pride champ? That's what I thought.
    Yikes the UFC Pride gambit what ever shall I do????????? IYEEEEEEEEEEEEE

# 64

Owning you is not fun anymore. It's too easy

Last UFC Champ to do CSW --------

Spoiler:
    Sean Sherk

Pride I don't follow as much and he's not a champ yet but may be one day ------

Spoiler:
    Josh Barnet
    Sherk's wrestling...obviously not the reason he wins, it's the CSW!

As for Barnett, you fucking queer, he has not been champion of anything since he started training with Paulson.

Well, I don't follow all this, but is seems plausible from what you wrote here that an MMA-style art would have better takedowns than pure BJJ. And to whoever said you can't improve your takedown by setting it up with strikes...

What the fuck are you smoking and can I have some?

My takedowns are atrocious, which ironically makes me a perfect poster-boy: I can't take someone down for shit with a double or single-leg if I just throw one out (or even if I slip a punch and try one), BUT, if I throw three or four straight punches to the head, most people's hands go up and they pay attention to my punches, and start defending, which allows me to drop levels and take them down (or just get underhooks) without getting sprawled into next week. So I'd say that if you accept my case generalizes to other people's MMA as well, you can "improve" your takedown by using some strikes.

Bas Rutten, people.
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

so, you argued with cracky and shuma, and, what? you want us to be proud?

Comment

So I am having a fun time with Cracky and I thought I would like to share it with his legions of fans.

The debate is taking place in the BJJ vs Wrestling for takedown thread.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48625http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtwzQO876Y
        As my sainted mother used to say, "If that is all you have to worry about, you are blessed indeed."
        "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Originally posted by pauli
          so, you argued with cracky and shuma, and, what? you want us to be proud?

That was exactly, what I as thinking.

Comment

BJJ>CSW in grappling

You can't deny it, no matter how hard you try.

Comment

Where did I ever state CSW > BJJ in grappling?

CSW is > BJJ in MMA. Because that's what it focuses on.

BJJ > CSW in grappling because that's what it focuses on.

if you do BJJ and want to get into MMA CSW is excellent for taking those skills and appling them for the cage or ring.

The irony of this mini and unimportant shit fest. Is that for someone like you who apparently has a background in Japanese pro wrestling, submission wrestling and leg locks CSW is tailor made. And if you ever left your island retreat and did good CSW with a real CSW instructor you would probably become it's most annoying nut hugger

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

tl;dr

Comment

Where did I ever state CSW > BJJ in grappling?
                    In the thread you linked to, over and over again.

Comment

I read it liked it.

Comment

Just let it go, Joe. Some people are just this way.
                        52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

By creating this topic, you have won the argument and lost at life.
                          "Emevas,
                          You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas
                            By creating this topic, you have won the argument and lost at life.

That's all that really matters

Comment

I'm going to side with the guy who will potentially pwn me at a throwdown some day and say that Cracky McSlugHoot is an idiot.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X