Myopia and sparring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myopia and sparring

People with myopia out there, how do you usually spar? With contacts or just natural flawed vision?

Contact lenses

Comment

Full contact with contacts. Losing one sucks.
      You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

I just take my glasses off. I dont even have contact lenses. I have pretty bad vision but tbh I don't see it as a disadvantage. If anything it's good, I never get intimidated by my opponent because I onyl see an indistinct shape so I just deal with their attacks.

Comment

Contact lenses, can't see crap without 'em.

Comment

I have glasses but I don't wear them in training. If you can differenciate the human body with a head, legs and arms from 2 meters away, you should be fine.
            More human than human is our motto.

Comment

unless you also have issues with depth perception... if so, get fucking contacts.

Comment

Contact lenses are the way to go. Of course if one comes out, it's worse than having none in.
                I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

i was going to post a picture of kareem abdul-jabbar as a way to suggest sports glasses (and the general comedy of them)... but then it occured to me that he didn't wear them when 'fighting' bruce lee.
                  <_<
                  >_>

Comment

The Clinch.

Learn it.

Love it.

Live it.
                    Originally posted by Exodus
                    Helio was submitted by Kimura

Comment

^^ what he said

i usually dont wear my contacts while sparring, too much hassle

Comment

I have terrible depth perception.

Learn to grapple. Failing that, learn the crazy monkey.

"The only important elements in any society
                        are the artistic and the criminal,
                        because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
                        can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

Comment

learn it, love it, use it. and also learn how to grapple, because biggest and best use of crazy monkey is getting in on someone.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X