No announcement yet.

For those who missed "Fight Science"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was impressed with the ninja's plum flower pole routine - apparently he was good at that, if probably not at fighting ; )

Also gotta love how they had RICKSON GRACIE BITCHEZ WHOOO!

BJJ FTW. (and I don't even do BJJ, technically)
    "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
    A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
    -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

Glen Levy "I want you to go on a journey with me to your own destruction"......

I want to hit that dork.

Comment

i thought the drunken boxer was funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi
          Glen Levy "I want you to go on a journey with me to your own destruction"......

I want to hit that dork.
          no dont he'll hammerfist your chest and you'll die!!

Comment

Anyone else think that awkward angle he throws his hammer-fisty dim-mak horse shit is ripe and ready for getting tied up and broken? Think a sort of standing elbow/shoulder lock.

Comment

I watched the rerun again a while back... I hate that fucking shirtless muscle bound meathead. Hate it, hate it hate it. WHY?

For being such a dork, and twirling a live katana as though it is a cheerleading baton.

GMW

Comment

Originally posted by Virus
                Who is that ninj3r guy anyway? They called him "Glen" and he seems to be doing wushu. Is he a ninjitsu instructor or someone they paid to act as a ninja?
                Glen Levy, a stuntman. I'd bet his exceptional balance on the plum poles has more to do with his experience doing crazy-ass stunts sans wires than any ninja training.

PS. Don't get me started on the TKD sword shit. At least it showed the viewers the difference between a master (Obata) and a dufus playing majorette.
                Last edited by money; 11/28/2006 9:54pm, .
                HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
                https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

I will use HammerFist to the chest (seriously WTF) next time I spar and wait for my partner to die. If he doesn't I'm suing Fight Science.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi
                    Anyone else think that awkward angle he throws his hammer-fisty dim-mak horse shit is ripe and ready for getting tied up and broken? Think a sort of standing elbow/shoulder lock.

Yeah, be puts it arm is position for a number of Ude Garami type movements.

Comment

Originally posted by seanyseanybean
                      i couldnt help but feel sorry for the kung fu guy on that show. His data sucked on everything except being able to bitch slap quicker than everyone.

I enjoyed watching the show though, it had its moments.

He was also a small chinese guy. A 130 lb. guy will not have as much force in his punch then a similiarly trained 200 lb. guy.

Comment

shame really, it starts out ok with the force measuring stuff then just does a complete 180 into ninja larping idiot land

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                          shame really, it starts out ok with the force measuring stuff then just does a complete 180 into ninja larping idiot land
                          <scarasm>Your just upset that the Thai boxer couldn't do the plum pole of awesomeness</scarasm>

Comment

Originally posted by pl4zM4
                            He was also a small chinese guy. A 130 lb. guy will not have as much force in his punch then a similiarly trained 200 lb. guy.
                            Bullshit, size and muscle don't count for shit in real martial arts! It's about proper concepts, priniciples, and axioms. Not something so base (and effort-requiring) as fitness or weight!
                            "[Fighting for Points] is doubtless very pretty, and invariably draws applause, but preferences should always be given to blows that do some business, to good straight hits that do something toward finishing the fight.
                            A man who has carefully trained for brilliant tapping play, will find himself considerably out of it in case he is called upon to do any real work."
                            -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by pl4zM4
                              <scarasm>Your just upset that the Thai boxer couldn't do the plum pole of awesomeness</scarasm>
                              Gotta hand it to that ninja guy for doing the plum poles, that was probably fairly difficult. But it doesn't really mean anything about fighting, sadly.
                              -A.J. Newton, Boxing.

Comment

Unless your fighting on plum poles, which according to ninjas' many hours of watching Xena: Warrior Princess, happens quite often.
                                I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X