Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An abstract interpretation of the art...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An abstract interpretation of the art...

a fat TKD guy prances around the park, and ACTUALLY DOES FLIPS! its hilarious how he pulls it off.

anyways, I recommend watchin this video, its a must see.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1170014459

That guy kicks ass. He's in great shape to pull of those moves, regardless of his size. Speed, flexibility, coordination, all way up there. Nice video.

Comment

Sarcasm? I hope?
      I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

actually I agree with bodhistate in that his flexibility and coordination are good, hell I am much smaller than that guy and you won't catch me doing flips!

but it is hilarious how he looks like he is about to bust his ass!

Comment

I still wouldn't include that in 'great shape.'
          I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Hell man that guys got strong legs...imagine if someone showed him how to really use them. Regardeless though, as far as TKD goes, and as far as first impressions of looking at him, I'd give this guy a thumbs up for working hard enough to be able to move like that.
            Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
            ...Willing is not enough you must do
            ~Bruce Lee

Comment

I find myself impressed by that, actually. If I didn't see that video I would have never believed a man his size could do all that.

Comment

i imagine this guy commands respect in his dojo...

Comment

You guys are kinder then I am.

Comment

just imagine what he could do if he stopped eating burgers and practiced a REAL martial art!

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity

I'm not.

Comment

here he is with "nunchucks" in his hands.
                        http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1169973955

AND HERE HE IS WITH A LIGHT SABER!!!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1117473057

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity

I felt compelled to laugh, because we all know in the long run his TKD skills although impressive for TKD don't stand up to a well conditioned athlete of a FC combat sport. But given my extensive experience of dealing with the "average joe" who takes up martial arts I'd say he's accomplished alot in those regards. Now considering he is a "master" according to his video it seems that he is no regular student, but perhaps a high ranking instructor (which explains why he can kick above his waist). With that said, then yes it's most likely that he's seen as the most badass mother Fer who ever graced this green earth in his dojo/ang. And yes that big fish (no pun intended) in a small pond mentality really makes me as well as baby Jesus cry.

But hey, at least he seems to be trying, and judging by his flexibility and kicks I'd say he takes his training very seriously and isn't content to just not physically train under the delusion of teh d34dly TKD. In my book he's earned alot more respect that 95% of other "martial artists" out there.

And if this message seems to be rambling with little sense of direction it's because I am running on 4 hours of sleep, and it's now 1am....time for sleep. I hope I made a point here because I'm not proofreading this. Lata!
                          Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
                          ...Willing is not enough you must do
                          ~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by youtube
                            here he is with "nunchucks" in his hands.
                            http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1169973955

AND HERE HE IS WITH A LIGHT SABER!!!!!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oid=1117473057

Amusingly the comment I posted on his first video was "the next star wars kid".

Looks like i was right.

Comment

I'm pretty impressed. I might even visit his school which is probably 40 minutes away at the most.
                              カンフー

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X