Customary First Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customary First Intro

Just a note to let you fine martial artists know that I've joined your forum. I am a 24 year old female Canadian citizen residing in Toronto, ON, trained for over a decade in Karate and in the little-known and possibly too-tame (for some or most of you) martial art known as Zenki-do, which combines elements of karate, judo, tai chi and yoga. To learn a little about this martial art and about my (now former) sensei, Yula Amin Nasr, visit http://www.centrefortheways.com Though I also received some private weapons training, I am to this day unsatisfied despite my every-increasing skill level. My interest in the martial arts extends much deeper, and I do have what can safely be considered a vast understanding and knowledge base of health, fitness, the body, mind, emotions and spirit in general, from an impressive array of official and unofficial teachers, and from years of research. Learning is an on-going pursuit. However, at this time I am a student of York University and struggling financially, thus unable to pay for some more serious, hardcore training. All in due time.

I am also a reserve soldier in the Canadian army, am skilled in many other fitness-related artforms, and am very interested and active in combatting b.s. in the martial arts and in the world at large. Some might call me brutal on my lesser-trained ... subjects.

I welcome any comments or questions, but don't think that I care if you do not respond to my (immodest) intro ;)
    Last edited by Artemis; 11/17/2006 7:12pm, .

Good to have another female on the boards, you're in a minority. Goodness knows why.
    I'd keep that 'spiritual' malarkey under your belt though, it's generally accepted here that martial arts are concerned with skill in fighting.

In conclusion:
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

RunningDog-

I am also a part-time artillery field grunt in the Canadian army (just added that into my original post for clarification), only in the reserve force because of school. I will NOT keep my spiritual "malarkey" to myself.

And if you think that there is no spiritual element to martial arts, maybe you need to read http://www.koryubooks.com/ Those of you who think that it's all about physical skill in fighting clearly have a limited understanding of what it means to be a fighter.
      Last edited by Artemis; 11/17/2006 7:13pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Artemis
        RunningDog-

I am also a part-time artillery field grunt in the Canadian army (just added that into my original post for clarification), only in the reserve force because of school. I will NOT keep my spiritual "malarkey" to myself.

And if you think that there is no spiritual element to martial arts, maybe you need to read http://www.koryubooks.com/ Those of you who think that it's all about physical skill in fighting clearly have a limited understanding of what it means to be a fighter.
        I recommend you grow a thick skin, and lurk a little.
        Alternatively, you could go right ahead and start a 'spirituality in the martial arts' thread in Your Martial Art Sucks. It's entirely up to you.

Comment

Whatever. I find your way of thinking and addressing a stranger ... distasteful. Do you even know what Koryu.com is? I'll bet not, and I'll bet you won't be able to handle reading it through.
          Last edited by Artemis; 11/17/2006 7:22pm, .

Comment

Comment

What a pathetic bunch of idiots. I will NOT return to this place full of stupid, useless assholes. And I do NOT watch tv or movies. Though I'll bet the shape of YOUR asses reveals that you do in abundance.

Comment

Comment

Well aren't you just the most opinionated queen of the ball? I thought you were leaving. I find it funny that we are supposed to be open to spiritual matters in the Martial Arts, but you are closed to two media of art: film and television.

I really think you are a troll but I've been sick with the floor for a few days and this is the most fun I've had.

Comment

Hey, I do hope you stick around and lurk some more. I would honestly suggest you do a search for threads on spirituality and martial arts.

If you really feel the need to, follow RunningDog's advice and start a new thread in Your Martial Art Sucks.

Either way, welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

I had my face cut open (not in a fight) the other day and am nursing stitches. There is no way in hell that your being sick to the floor means f-all to me. Goodbye, children.

Comment

I didn't ask for sympathy, I was just explaining why this is a fun thread so as not to seem like this is normally how I spend my friday nights.

Comment

Thanks VF, but no thanks. I've already realised that this place is no better than any other in this world full of totally misguided, self-deluded, overgrown, spoiled rotten brats.

Comment

So why did you join before reading posts? You who do so much research at York University.

Comment

This thread is awesome.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X