X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southpaw
    replied
    Thanks for the advice.

It only shrinks on the first wash...and now it fits perfect.

Are there any other reasons why I shouldn't put it in the dryer?

Leave a comment:

• Teh El Macho
    replied
    Dude, you are putting your gi in the drier???? Oh God, why????? Do you want that shit to shrink to midget proportions???

Ok, get two gis so that you can use a clean one while the other one is drying - yes, you wash it and you hang it to dry rather than putting it in the drier.

As for the smell, my suggestion is to do the following: wash the gi as usual and let it dry well. Once dry, dip it in a mix of hot water and vinegar and let it soak for a few hours, overnight if needed. Rinse it, and dip it again, but this time in water and sodium bicarbonate, plenty of sodium bicarbonate. Again, let it soak overnight if necessary.

Rinse and hang it to dry. That's one way to remove the smell of mold from white (or color safe) clothing. Most likely it got that smell from not washing it immediately and leaving it in a humid environment.

AND DON'T PUT YOUR GI IN A DRIER FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!!!! :biblethum

Leave a comment:

• Southpaw
    started a topic Stinky Gi

Stinky Gi

I'm a bit new to the whole gi thing...so can someone help me out?

Every night right after class I throw my gi into the washer. I take it out of the washer, and throw it into the dryer.

After it is done drying, I line dry it to make sure it is completely dry (especially around the collar).

Despite the above attention, I still have a slight smell of mold in the collar of my gi. It is not as bad as the mold smell from many of the guys I roll with...but nonetheless it bothers me.

Is there anyway to prevent this?

Thanks

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X