Bullshido circle jerk and related yadda yadda yadda after Boztepe seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullshido circle jerk and related yadda yadda yadda after Boztepe seminar

After my JKD school went to a Boztepe seminar in NYC we had a lengthy talk about Bullshit in martial arts, and Bullshido.net was named as a place to check out bullshit. Apparently the crap we did in NYC didnt please our instructor whatsoever, and told us to think of it as a learning experience, but to wipe all the bullshit drills from our memory.

Just thought it was interesting he named Bullshido, I never thought this guy would have heard of this website. but in any event boztepe = bullshido

Niceness
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Comment

What was so bullshido about it, apart from everything?

Comment

Yes, details please :)

Comment

I have a feeling Tonu will be joining shortly about how you should go and fight Boztepe, as should your sifu.
          I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

What was it that your instructor disliked so much?
            " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Originally posted by MacWombat
              I have a feeling Tonu will be joining shortly about how you should go and fight Boztepe, as should your sifu.
              ;-)
              Yepp, here I am. But not with what you thought, MacWombat. I am actually unisono joining the question as posted by all of you: details and reasons on why the seminar/drills/E.B. sucked, please!!!
              My point even back then was to go and check it out. You don't have to fight him. See what and how he teaches and you'll have the authority to write about it/criticize it.
              I only adviced those to fight Emin who are bitching about him online but are chicken to actually attend his seminar and/or challenge him.
              And about the JKD instructor... Well... I don't know him, so I shut up.

Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
              :
              I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
              " - by Vorpal

Comment

so, was he a good dancer?
                Originally posted by Phrost
                Yeah, you're probably right.

But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
                Originally posted by Phrost
                There are two kinds of members on MAP:

1. LARPers/Partial Artists
                2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
                The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
                Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
                Get with the times and punch a chick.
                Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

Originally posted by wingchundo
                Hey, I resemble that remark!

Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

OK. Here goes.

You are what you eat!

Comment

a jun fan jkd guy is hardly qualified to judge what is or isnt bullshido... the drills you guys favor are horrendous.

Comment

So the boyfriend pipes up to defend his bitch.

Comment

i know you are but what am i

Comment

i'm not defending anybody, just pointing out the ironic context that skews the entire argument...

Comment

How do we know your instructor is not full of BS. What was so bad about seminar?

Comment

I was talking to Tonu. Pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by TM
                              I was talking to Tonu. Pay attention.
                              roger that.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X