Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so I'm a little slow...

Comment

I tapped a BJJ purple during my first lesson.

He was like "hold my arm like this, control my wrist, now lean back" and then he tapped.
      You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninPimp
        That sounds like he's saying the purple belt was 14 to me. Anthony's question makes sense to me.
        He is saying the purple belt was 14.

In judo, US at least, blue and purple belts are junior rank only; adults (and some teens) get three levels of brown.

If you read his followup post, he's playing on the somewhat juvenile tendency of people to brag online about what happens in practice (and it happens to touch on the BJJ bias here). Anthony didn't get it.

Comment

You see, it's funny because while you're expecting an esoteric (and therefore comedic) explanation as to why it crossed the road, what you get is a completely mundane, indeed self evident, one. By exposing, and violating, your initial unspoken assumptions, humour is created.

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn
            Reading comprehension for the win!
            Blow me.
            Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
            "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony
              Blow me.
              You're not my type.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp
                That's a damn fine idea! I wonder how long it would take to bring my wife up to purple belt level?

What? I'm tired of doing all the sweeping around my house.
                20 yard penalty on the offense for Karate Kid reference.

Comment

Originally posted by FictionPimp
                  Having sex with a bjj purple belt hot chick would be awesome. I mean you know she would do all lthe work, constantly sweeping to take the mount.
                  Yeah, I'd like to see her work her SEX-GUARD on me !!

so lonely
                  Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn
                    You're not my type.
                    Damn shirt lifters are so picky.
                    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Originally posted by FictionPimp
                      Having sex with a bjj purple belt hot chick would be awesome. I mean you know she would do all lthe work, constantly sweeping to take the mount.
                      point of order: blue belts do all the work, purple belts wait for you to make a mistake.

(either one beats getting injured by a spastic white belt... )

Comment

Originally posted by pauli
                        point of order: blue belts do all the work, purple belts wait for you to make a mistake.

(either one beats getting injured by a spastic white belt... )
                        sounds like my wife....

I kid I kid (please dont kill me)
                        "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

Originally posted by dakotajudo
                          He is saying the purple belt was 14.

In judo, US at least, blue and purple belts are junior rank only; adults (and some teens) get three levels of brown.

If you read his followup post, he's playing on the somewhat juvenile tendency of people to brag online about what happens in practice (and it happens to touch on the BJJ bias here). Anthony didn't get it.
                          :thumbsup:

Bullshido: Where an inane joke makes it to three pages. And counting.

Comment

only for those people silly enough to use the default posts per page setting.

Comment

Some of us like 10 posts per page. The smallness makes us feel secure. (so many jokes for that I know)
                              I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

I tapped a purple belt the other day. It was a fluke though, I caught him with a guillotine when he was shooting. 99 out 100 times he would win.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X