Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant...Why I hate people...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Rant...Why I hate people...

    So I'm sitting at Barnes and Noble reading yesterday before BJJ class...and two guys walk upstairs to where I was...you know those types, loud, obnoxious, cuss for the sake of cussing just so people can hear them...at first, I think it's a bunch of frat idiots, but no...these two were straight computer fucking geeks...so now I know why they make a more conscious effort to be loud/obnoxious...it's because they think it makes them "cool"...anyways, so after a couple minutes of this shit (and everybody around me clearing the area b/c they were annoying as hell) I just stick it out; I staked out my chair, I was comfortable, I'm not going to allow some dumbasses to ruin my reading...

    Ah, the fun begins...they start by looking for the C++ and Flash books, but happen to come across the martial arts book section...the conversation begins:

    Guy 1: Dude, I wanna learn to fight
    Guy 2: Well, I can teach you wing chun...I know some pretty basic stuff from it
    Guy 1: *picks up Muay Thai book* What about Muay Thai...this looks pretty cool
    Guy 2: No, dude...all they do is kick trees and shit...is that all you really want to do? You just learn to kick at peoples' legs. Wing Chun is better, it's all about fast hands...Bruce Lee used to do it
    Guy 1: Oh, Ok...that's cool...maybe you can show me some stuff sometime

    Guy 2 finds HTML books or whatever the hell he's looking for...

    Guy 1: Dude, you know...I think I want to take up NINJITSU AND AIKIDO...they're really complimentary, you know? And it would teach me to be stealthy and know how to throw people around...
    Guy 2: Yeah man, that's a good idea...those two really would go well together...
    Guy 1: *picks up a Peligro BJJ book with Gracie name on it*
    Guy 2: Put that fucking book down...don't even bother with that shit.
    Guy 1: Why?
    Guy 2: That's the Royce Gracie "bullshittery" (his words, not mine)...he just took jiu jitsu and made it suck and put his name on it...he got the crap beat out of him by that Hughes guy *opens book and flips through it* Look at this shit...that shit's so gay...they're just laying on each other. Look, his balls are near that guy's face and he's bringing that guys arms and hands next to his own balls! *goes on for a couple minutes looking at BJJ pictures and making childish remarks about how they're "fags"*
    Guy 1: Yeah man...Teach me some Wing Chun, if it'll make me punch like Bruce Lee, that'll be awesome. I don't know if we'll be able to find a good Aikido or Ninjitsu school in Orlando, though...maybe we can check the yellow pages...

    ________________________________________

    *Slaps forehead in disgust*

    #2
    Generally I hate people too. And thus, they should be forced to repay the people who must suffer for their stupidity, you were at Barnes and Noble, so ya should have found the biggest book you could find, and chucked it at one of their heads.

    Comment


      #3
      This is what makes me give up hope for humanity...

      Can't people like that just join a cult and kill themselves?

      Comment


        #4
        Well, I could start one...I suppose.

        I just have to stop being so goddamn lazy.

        Yes, and the first orders in the cult will be: You must donate 50-75% of your paycheck to ME! Remember: Your family doesn't REALLY need to eat.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by DaChinkOfSteel
          So I'm sitting at Barnes and Noble reading yesterday before BJJ class...and two guys walk upstairs to where I was...you know those types, loud, obnoxious, cuss for the sake of cussing just so people can hear them...at first, I think it's a bunch of frat idiots, but no...these two were straight computer fucking geeks...so now I know why they make a more conscious effort to be loud/obnoxious...it's because they think it makes them "cool"...anyways, so after a couple minutes of this shit (and everybody around me clearing the area b/c they were annoying as hell) I just stick it out; I staked out my chair, I was comfortable, I'm not going to allow some dumbasses to ruin my reading...

          Ah, the fun begins...they start by looking for the C++ and Flash books, but happen to come across the martial arts book section...the conversation begins:

          Guy 1: Dude, I wanna learn to fight
          Guy 2: Well, I can teach you wing chun...I know some pretty basic stuff from it
          Guy 1: *picks up Muay Thai book* What about Muay Thai...this looks pretty cool
          Guy 2: No, dude...all they do is kick trees and shit...is that all you really want to do? You just learn to kick at peoples' legs. Wing Chun is better, it's all about fast hands...Bruce Lee used to do it
          Guy 1: Oh, Ok...that's cool...maybe you can show me some stuff sometime

          Guy 2 finds HTML books or whatever the hell he's looking for...

          Guy 1: Dude, you know...I think I want to take up NINJITSU AND AIKIDO...they're really complimentary, you know? And it would teach me to be stealthy and know how to throw people around...
          Guy 2: Yeah man, that's a good idea...those two really would go well together...
          Guy 1: *picks up a Peligro BJJ book with Gracie name on it*
          Guy 2: Put that fucking book down...don't even bother with that shit.
          Guy 1: Why?
          Guy 2: That's the Royce Gracie "bullshittery" (his words, not mine)...he just took jiu jitsu and made it suck and put his name on it...he got the crap beat out of him by that Hughes guy *opens book and flips through it* Look at this shit...that shit's so gay...they're just laying on each other. Look, his balls are near that guy's face and he's bringing that guys arms and hands next to his own balls! *goes on for a couple minutes looking at BJJ pictures and making childish remarks about how they're "fags"*
          Guy 1: Yeah man...Teach me some Wing Chun, if it'll make me punch like Bruce Lee, that'll be awesome. I don't know if we'll be able to find a good Aikido or Ninjitsu school in Orlando, though...maybe we can check the yellow pages...

          ________________________________________

          *Slaps forehead in disgust*
          Holy Cow!!
          What were the chances of coming across two loud mouth, cussing computer geeks looking for C++ books that wanted to learn to fight and, in particular learn to fight in the arts most hated by the general populace of bullshido and dissed the arts most revered!
          Thats TRUE story was fucking awesome man...AND SO TRUE!!!

          er...Great story... :cry:

          EDIT: just reminded me of this one time, when I was waiting in line at the airport about to but a bible when these two muslim guys walked in with turbans and torsos strapped with explosives...and they were looking for books on how to fly planes....arghforgettaboutit...
          Last edited by Rubber Tanto; 10/19/2006 8:09am, .

          Comment


            #6
            this group of people and the ones that go to sport bars and become fucking experts at MMA when the fight is on... it should be perfectly legal to yell gong sau and hurt them on public venues such as... Barnes and Noble and sport bars
            Originally posted by Phrost
            Yeah, you're probably right.

            But still, something about having a black guy or a lesbian jump out from behind a garbage can yelling "SURPRISE GONG SAU" at any of your big-named RBSD kooks makes me giggle like a little girl.
            Originally posted by Phrost
            There are two kinds of members on MAP:

            1. LARPers/Partial Artists
            2. People who haven't heard about Bullshido.
            The Mighty McClaw to Fox when refusing to fight AnnaT.

            Originally posted by TheMightyMcClaw
            Don't fight girls? When are you living, the 1850's? I suppose you think they shouldn't work or vote either.
            Get with the times and punch a chick.
            Wingchundo's response after I called him a "pussy"

            Originally posted by wingchundo
            Hey, I resemble that remark!

            Ok, time for a snappy comeback.... uh...

            OK. Here goes.

            You are what you eat!

            Comment


              #7
              Why would any self respecting computer geek need a book on HTML?

              Comment


                #8
                I'm working on a theory that might help to explain your observations.

                1) People are stupid. There are a few exceptions, but mostly...
                2) People believe what they want to believe. Evidence to the contrary will not dissuade them. Why? See #1. Also:
                3) People hate change. When presented with new information, most people will ignore it. Why? See #1 & #2, and:
                4) People are lazy.

                My theory is really more of an outline, generalizing some observations I've made over the years, but I think it explains a lot: Why are fraudulent MA "experts" so successful, for example.

                As an aside... I may be coming off a little bitter and arrogant here. Bitter? Yes. Arrogant? Not really. I know I'm guilty of all 4 points above, at least some of the time.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Gosai
                  Well, I could start one...I suppose.

                  I just have to stop being so goddamn lazy.

                  Yes, and the first orders in the cult will be: You must donate 50-75% of your paycheck to ME! Remember: Your family doesn't REALLY need to eat.
                  I don't think the lazy part is gonna be a problem...you should have lots of cultists who are willing to do all those hard chores. Like changing the channel on the TV.

                  Any self-respecting cult would demand that the members give ALL their earnings to the cult and move into the "community".

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Rubber Tanto
                    Holy Cow!!
                    What were the chances of coming across two loud mouth, cussing computer geeks looking for C++ books that wanted to learn to fight and, in particular learn to fight in the arts most hated by the general populace of bullshido and dissed the arts most revered!
                    Thats TRUE story was fucking awesome man...AND SO TRUE!!!

                    er...Great story... :cry:

                    EDIT: just reminded me of this one time, when I was waiting in line at the airport about to but a bible when these two muslim guys walked in with turbans and torsos strapped with explosives...and they were looking for books on how to fly planes....arghforgettaboutit...
                    Yep, made it all up...

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Lu Tze
                      Why would any self respecting computer geek need a book on HTML?
                      Couldn't tell you...but I do know one of them was in a Subway (as in the sandwich making place) uniform...so maybe they were quasi-computer geeks...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Lu Tze
                        Why would any self respecting computer geek need a book on HTML?
                        AND books on flash and C++...I guess it's not too far fetched to call them bullshitters in that arena, as well?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by nifoc
                          I don't think the lazy part is gonna be a problem...you should have lots of cultists who are willing to do all those hard chores. Like changing the channel on the TV.

                          Any self-respecting cult would demand that the members give ALL their earnings to the cult and move into the "community".

                          Touche.

                          And as for only taking 74%...well, making it cheaper then other cults should help.

                          Say, how would you like to be one of my high preists?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Rubber Tanto
                            Holy Cow!!
                            What were the chances of coming across two loud mouth, cussing computer geeks looking for C++ books that wanted to learn to fight and, in particular learn to fight in the arts most hated by the general populace of bullshido and dissed the arts most revered!
                            Thats TRUE story was fucking awesome man...AND SO TRUE!!!

                            er...Great story... :cry:

                            EDIT: just reminded me of this one time, when I was waiting in line at the airport about to but a bible when these two muslim guys walked in with turbans and torsos strapped with explosives...and they were looking for books on how to fly planes....arghforgettaboutit...
                            Hahahaha. Would "pwned" be in correct usage here? :new_tomat
                            Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
                            ...Willing is not enough you must do
                            ~Bruce Lee

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Gosai
                              Touche.

                              And as for only taking 74%...well, making it cheaper then other cults should help.

                              Say, how would you like to be one of my high preists?
                              Aah...the old "we don't take ALL your money like THAT cult"-angle....nice.

                              Tempting....I guess it would be an idea to have a european branch.

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X