Finally got a gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a gym

After all the, "You suck the sweat off a dead man's balls," commentary on my sparring, I eventually found a decent enough MMA gym only 15 minutes from base. The grappling coach is a practicing MMA fighter who, from my understanding, is considered Pro since he's paid to fight. Jeremy Genin, although yielding no sherdog results, is a fuckin' tank of a dude, and I've seen him fight local area fights twice, both wins.

It looks good, and I'll finally be able to say that I actually learn and apply instead of randomly beating on innocent sparring partners.

So, in conclusion, you win. I broke down and got a gym.:qleft7:

Can we assume you'll also post video of you being slapped around by your coach?:-P

Just kidding. Congrats on your find & good luck with your training.
    Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Excelent. So does this place have mats then? :)

Comment

Mats would be a backwards step for AK... I hear he's taking thumbtacks and barbed wired to roll on. Extreme Kai? Cactus Kai?

EDIT: I mistyped cactus, cos I'm a dick. I only noticed it in AK's quote-age. Now I'm a dick that edits 8hr old posts.
        Last edited by sochin101; 10/17/2006 1:23pm, .
        Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
          Can we assume you'll also post video of you being slapped around by your coach?:-P
          I actually had a video up of me gettin tossed around by him BEFORE he became my official go-to guy for training. It sucked. A lot.

Originally posted by sochin101
          Mats would be a backwards step for AK... I hear he's taking thumbtacks and barbed wired to roll on. Extreme Kai? Catus Kai?
          Gotta keep it hardcore. I'm just training so that when the time comes, broken glass and lava don't thwart my grappling.

Comment

Maybe they can get someone your height and in your weight class for you to work with.

(Like, chewbacca or a sasquatch or something...)
            And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Good luck bro.
              Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
              ...Willing is not enough you must do
              ~Bruce Lee

Comment

WHAT!!!

I thought for sure you would join a TKD school!

Comment

Originally posted by Scrapper
                  Maybe they can get someone your height and in your weight class for you to work with.

(Like, chewbacca or a sasquatch or something...)

Or he could just spar from his knees

Comment

Originally posted by Master Bait
                    WHAT!!!

I thought for sure you would join a TKD school!
                    Well, that's why it took so long! It was a hard choice, but after monthes of consideration, I decided that MMA would be more benificial than TKD. I'm sure that, ten years from now, the what if?s will haunt me day and night.

Also, Post 600. Hurray.

Comment

Originally posted by airman kai
                      Well, that's why it took so long! It was a hard choice, but after monthes of consideration, I decided that MMA would be more benificial than TKD. I'm sure that, ten years from now, the what if?s will haunt me day and night.

Also, Post 600. Hurray.

yeah well.... while you're wasting all your time sparring......... you could be doing something more benefitial like forms and board breaking.

:icon_wink

Comment

Jeremy Genin, although yielding no sherdog results, is a fuckin' tank of a dude, and I've seen him fight local area fights twice, both wins.
                        http://fcfighter.brinkster.net/fight...ghterID=261571
                        well, it's better than what's on sherdog.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X