Greetings Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings Everyone

Newbie to the forum. Just wanting to say high.

Always been interested in combat of many forms. I've also always been a big guy, and decided to do something I'm interested in to get in better shape. Will be joining a boxing gym in my area and will move on from there.

Hi Allowaycar, have you any previous MA experience?
    " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Originally posted by allowaycar

Always been interested in combat of many forms. I've also always been a big guy, and decided to do something I'm interested in to get in better shape. Will be joining a boxing gym in my area and will move on from there.

You have chosen wisely.
      You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

Originally posted by allowaycar

Boxing is a great idea:icon_twis Welcome to the site.

Comment

Not that it's a big concern, but make sure they spar. My friend joined a boxing gym once and SAID they didn't spar. It's not horribly reliable, but there probably are some boxing gyms that don't do it (so make sure you find one of the many that do).
          I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Originally posted by MacWombat
            Not that it's a big concern, but make sure they spar. My friend joined a boxing gym once and SAID they didn't spar. It's not horribly reliable, but there probably are some boxing gyms that don't do it (so make sure you find one of the many that do).

I can't imagine a boxing gym that competes that doesn't spar:shock:

Comment

I never said they competed. Also, he was only there for a few months, so he could have meant that HE didn't spar, but the way he said it led me to believe that they didn't spar. It's hardly important as long as allowaycar finds one of the 99.99999999% of schools that does spar.
              I think only idiots assume that someone who trains for the ring can't make the switch to the street as soon as things change. - dweidman

Comment

Nope, I have no real MA experience.

Thanks for the advice on looking for a gym. I plan on putting together a list of all the gyms in my area and going and talking to the operators. Try to find some good knowledgable people who are willing to work with someone totally inexperienced.

Comment

That's a good start...
                  Good luck, and welcome to Bullshido.
                  Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X