Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i can't think of a non-redundant title for this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can't think of a non-redundant title for this.

hey everyone. i've been checking the site for quite a while now, but i decided i wanted to get access to videos and such so i joined up today. i'm 19, kentuckian, full-time student.

i started doing judo at the beginning of this summer, and it's pretty much just what i was looking for in a martial art. i found i promptly got owned on the ground, so i decided to start taking brazilian jiujitsu classes as well.

now, about four months after starting both, i terrorize the judo club with my l33t grappling skillz. ... assuming i can throw them down first (which i now do most frequently with single-leg takedowns, haha).

anyway, bullshit martial arts suck. anything that doesn't compete and wastes hours doing kata is lame.

i did aikido for a while (yes, aikido is retarded, i know, and by association with aikido that makes me retarded too, i know) and that was a major waste of my time, since none of those techniques will ever work on anyone who has half a clue what they're doing and any intention whatsoever of kicking your ass.

anecdotal evidence: i went to an aikido class earlier this summer, did some technique "poorly", and a black belt tried to "counter" my technique to show me the error of my ways. with about a month of judo experience, i picked him up, threw him down hard and choked him out.

needless to say, aikido is stupid.

anyway, that's my intro. hi.

Originally posted by leere_form
    anecdotal evidence: i went to an aikido class earlier this summer, did some technique "poorly", and a black belt tried to "counter" my technique to show me the error of my ways. with about a month of judo experience, i picked him up, threw him down hard and choked him out.
    :needpics:

Not really it is newb town afterall.

Welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenJonas
      :needpics:

Not really it is newb town afterall.

Welcome.
      No, no, GoldenJonas is right, this thread needs pics. Preferably of you doing Judo/BJJ, but if pics of your mom are all you have, post those and it will be just as good. She hardly sends me any anymore.:sex:

And yes, I'm just fucking with you. WELCOME TO BULLSHIDO!

Comment

don't worry: when i arrange the official aikido vs judo throwdown, i'll be sure to bring a camera.

not that it would really forge new ground in the martial arts, but i for one would find it pretty damn satisfying to watch.

but hey, thanks for the bullshido welcome. =)

p.s. didn't seagal get pwned by a bjjer? is there a video of this happening?

Comment

hey everyone. i've been checking the site for quite a while now, but i decided i wanted to get access to videos and such so i joined up today. i'm 19, kentuckian, full-time student.
          Wooohooo !

Up coming Ky Throwdown .

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...30#post1222230
          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
          BILL HICKS,
          1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
          ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

).

anyway, bullshit martial arts suck. anything that doesn't compete and wastes hours doing kata is lame.
            Thats the kind of school I use to practice at. Never going back.

Comment

kentucky throwdown you say? now, as cool as i am, i am still a bullshido newb..

but i assume this amounts to no-bullshit martial artists coming together, trading techniques, sparring, rolling, etc?

btw, where are you training out of? i'm in lexington.

i'd be interested in something like that. i'm always up for getting my ass kicked in a new direction---that's how i hope not to suck one day.

cesar: you know what? i watched a bunch of kyokushin videos on google video one day and i was like dizamn, i gotta train me some of that karate stuff.

then i went to a local shotokan club and they stood me in front of a mirror in a horse stance (rofl) and had me punch the air a bunch of times. goju ryu was similarly disappointing. before you ask: no kyokushin in my neck of the woods.

so yeah. i'm just gonna start studying boxing and MT seriously, starting next summer if not next semester.

i got bad wrists, though. so we'll see how that works out. until then: single leg takedowns ftw, haha.

Comment

kentucky throwdown you say? now, as cool as i am, i am still a bullshido newb..

but i assume this amounts to no-bullshit martial artists coming together, trading techniques, sparring, rolling, etc?

btw, where are you training out of? i'm in lexington.
                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...30#post1222230[/QUOTE]

step #1 Check the link .
                step #2 read the whole thread .
                I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                BILL HICKS,
                1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

aww, that's like a four hour drive. i'm not *quite* sold on that kind of commitment.

i mean, i could probably be convinced, but it would have to a.) be pretty damn convincing and b.) fit into my schedule.

so.. sell me your throwdown, and i'll bring another body to the mat. =)

Comment

aww, that's like a four hour drive. i'm not *quite* sold on that kind of commitment.

i mean, i could probably be convinced, but it would have to a.) be pretty damn convincing and b.) fit into my schedule.

so.. sell me your throwdown, and i'll bring another body to the mat. =)
                    sissy boy ,

You get to try and punch me in the face ... then tap me out if you don't tap on your feet ....

I mean how much more can I offer ?

A can offer a couple BJJ blue belts ... maybe a brown ... some former Muay Thai guys. a few lousy boxers , some low belts in BJJ .... Some TKD and Hapkido people

Shit man ... it is Kentucky what kind of insentive do you need to have a good time , it is fucking Kentucky , you can't get picky ....
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

i started doing judo at the beginning of this summer, and it's pretty much just what i was looking for in a martial art. i found i promptly got owned on the ground, so i decided to start taking brazilian jiujitsu classes as well.

now, about four months after starting both, i terrorize the judo club with my l33t grappling skillz. ... assuming i can throw them down first (which i now do most frequently with single-leg takedowns, haha).
                      Yes, you must be a natural.

Yes, you must be a natural, coming into your own at 4 months.

I would say welcome to Bullshido...

Comment

i love the warm welcome i'm getting. ;)

monkey: okay, okay, it sounds like fun. but i bring almost nothing to the table, i have to say: judo white belt, jiujitsu white belt.. god help me throw you if you're not wearing a gi, etc. but hey, i'll roll with you guys, and i'll throw some wimpy kicks at you for our mutual education.

i have a friend who's studying shotokan who might be interested as well, but we both have competitions of some kind in october. mine's on the 7th, not sure when his is.

so.. hopefully it's not on the seventh? no, i haven't checked the thread yet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X