Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

How do you start conditioning your shins for MT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you start conditioning your shins for MT?

Ive been taking jkd, and just started jiu jitsu this week, im reading a book about muay thai at the moment, and it shows them blocking leg kciks by raising there shins, how do you guys condition your shins? doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick? any insight on how to condition your shin woulud be greatly appreciated, sorry about the noob question. thanks in advance.

and yes i did look for it in the book im reading but its just talking about techniques and history and hasnt mentioned conditioning legs, unless im just retarded and cant find it

Comment

Originally posted by Vulgar42Ox
      ......doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick?
      Thanks for that bit.You made me spit-out cereal all over my monitor.

Search function noob.
      [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

Originally posted by Vulgar42Ox
        Ive been taking jkd, and just started jiu jitsu this week, im reading a book about muay thai at the moment, and it shows them blocking leg kciks by raising there shins, how do you guys condition your shins? doenst it hurt rediculously to smash your shin against another guys shin kick?
        Yes, yes it does. Train muay thai for a while and it won't be as bad. Basically you just have to not be a pussy and deal with it.
        Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

kicking teh bag and not being a pussy

Comment

try seasoning salt.

Comment

Meat Tenderizer

Yes and hit your shins repeatedly with a meat tenderizer untill bleeding and then rinse and repeat untill you can't walk. Then when you get kicked in the shins you can remember what that felt like and it won't seem so bad.

Comment

I try to do simple things like heavy bag worki, but the hardest I've tried is to roll a wooden pin on my shin as hard as I could stand. Banging shins at training is the best, but make sure you move with the kick to take some of the sting out. Otherwise you will enjoy a sound much like two baseball bats colliding! (It feels like it too...)

Comment

Kick the thai pads....a lot.
                  Kick the heavy bag...a lot.
                  Kick the bottom of the heavy bag (where it's dense)...a lot.
                  Spar with shin pads...a lot.
                  Spar without shin pads...a little bit.
                  Come fight time aggression and adrenalin will mean that shin blocks don't hurt as much as in normal training (unless your shin actually breaks).
                  The next day however...expect some pain. :)

Oh and block with the top part of the shin where the bone is thickest. Not the middle bit where it's thinest.

Comment

i have iradiated baggers attack them and then pray to tony jaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogers
                      I try to do simple things like heavy bag worki, but the hardest I've tried is to roll a wooden pin on my shin as hard as I could stand. Banging shins at training is the best, but make sure you move with the kick to take some of the sting out. Otherwise you will enjoy a sound much like two baseball bats colliding! (It feels like it too...)
                      and ignore this clown

Comment

Get yourself a good heavy piece of wood. . . .

--J.D.
                        Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Comment

. . . hey . . . what? Where am I?

--J.D.
                          Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Comment

use them

Kick shit with your shin every chance you get, but not hard enough to break it. It takes time but the pain won't be as bad after a while. Also pad work helps tremendously

Comment

Hey Mars, where do you train at?
                              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X