National Geographic Fight Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gosai
    In any case, any truth to the 'science' used with the breaking guys, and the repeated trauma to bones making them stronger?
    Ya. :profe: Popular theory is that the stress generated biomechanical/piezoelectric effect stimulates osteocytes to lay down new bone.
    Last edited by sdave; 8/20/2006 9:58pm, .
    Dave

Originally posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
      Subway > Quiznos
      both are turds compared to Jersey Mike's, BITCH
      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

All of you are wrong. Real subs don't come from any corporate chain and/or franchise.

Comment

When they did the cutting demo on the gel molded body why the fuck did they use the TKD guy and not Obata? You have Obata, a cutting champion, and you give the sword to the XMA TKD guy and let him hack at the dummy. WTF?
          安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin.74
            When they did the cutting demo on the gel molded body why the fuck did they use the TKD guy and not Obata? You have Obata, a cutting champion, and you give the sword to the XMA TKD guy and let him hack at the dummy. WTF?
            Yeah, that really pissed me off. I got really excited when I saw him. But I somehow knew he was going to be under-utilized.

Comment

Originally posted by RoninPimp
              -Yes, hence sdave's Newton refference.

Yeah, I was typing as sdave posted I guess. ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronin.74
                Was is my imagination, or did he completely fail to get all the way though the headless ballistic gel torso even though he said that he could cut a human body in two?
                Dave

Originally posted by jnp
                That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Comment

You are correct SIR.

That's why I would have liked to have seen Obata instead. If anyone there could cut all the way through the gel torso it would've been him.
                  安氏八极拳学生

Comment

Yeah, what the fuck does a TKD guy know about weilding a katana?

Comment

Ya know I was about to write a review on this, and you guys beat me to it. Anyway, some thoughts regardless...

I almost shat myself when I saw the "deadly ninja" use his death strike on the dummy, and then they just say that it would work without any evidence.

For the record, isn't the legend, "one hit one KILL" not "one hit knockout"??? I think it's been fairly precendented that one hit can KO someone, but the one hit to the liver death strike has yet to be seen as so concrete.

Why in gods name did they test the power of different strikes with different people? If the Boxer was smaller wouldn't his strike be weaker even with superior technique?

The 3 sectional staff is the dumbest weapon ever created.

FUCKING NINJAS AND DIM MAK ARE THE DEADLIEST STRIKES? They never mentioned how improbable it is to land a perfect "nerve strike" or a heart stopping hammer fist while that boxer is punching him in the face?

Why didn't Rickson and Obata team up and kill them all?
                      Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
                      ...Willing is not enough you must do
                      ~Bruce Lee

Comment

A question though. Any thoughts on their findings that power-breaking isn't so much of a trick as many say it is?
                        ~Bruce Lee

Comment

If the good power breakers would spend some time on boxing mechanics, I'm sure they could knock somebody the fuck out. Hell not even, a hard hitting mofo is a hard hitting mofo.

Comment

Who caught the lunge punch when the ninjer was doing the gayass nerve strike?
                            I did!!!

I liked how the show lured you in with the boxing, muay thai, and bjj in the beginning and then bitched slapped you with all that ninja shit and the nunchuks

by the way, did you know nunchuks were invented in the 13th century and was a horsebit. Lol! what a bunch of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by cskidd359
                              ...and then bitched slapped you...
                              So I wasn't the only one that felt that? Jeez that stung. I watched it with one of my students, and we were laughing the whole time waiting for Rickson to RNC the ninja.

And damn right I caught that lunge punch!
                              ~Bruce Lee

Comment

I just watched the trailer on youtube and I already want the eye bleach.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H.L. Mencken

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X