National Geographic Fight Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. This show is truly awful.

Besides, everyone knows the Katana is teh suk... Khukri FTW!
    Dave

Originally posted by jnp
    That is exactly what I meant sdave. You are dead on, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD ASIA
      The hell you say!
      One time I went to Quiznos and ordered something with meat and they took the meat out and weighted it on this scale that was definately not cleaned and ugh it was disgusting. I got so sick after. Maybe its jsut the quiznos near me since they seem okay everywhere else.

Comment

Subway > Quiznos

Comment

bah, could have been watching Shatner's friars' roast instead of that last hour of the show.

Comment

Well, there you are. Definitive proof.

According to the narrator "The legends are true."
            Dave

Originally posted by jnp

Comment

Holy fuck.... While demonstrating the Katana the TKD guy threw it up in the air and then caught it as it fell.

To conclude... Using similar scientific rating system to fight science.... Where on a scale of Zero to One, Where Zero is reality and 1 Is gay. XMA scores a 1.0. Fight Science Would be 1.0 but thanks to Rickson Gracie, Boxing and Muay Thai which equal a -0.2 on the gayness scale, the total for Fight science is 0.8. Which means that if the trend continues, in just four more of these John Brenkus martial arts specials, in the year 2018, they will aproach reality!

Comment

I just lost all respect for that channel's research-fu.

Comment

All I needed to hear on this show's fizziks was summed up by one of the brothers doing the breaking.

"If I don't break all the bricks the force I am transferring will come back at me twice as much."

Comment

Originally posted by NasalInfection
                    All I needed to hear on this show's fizziks was summed up by one of the brothers doing the breaking.

"If I don't break all the bricks the force I am transferring will come back at me twice as much."
                    -I came back to it after Entourage so I missed the breaking. If he said that, he's an idiot...

Comment

Originally posted by NasalInfection

Simple Newtonian physics, Man (vide infra).

7th Law of Thermodynamics: For every dumbass Bullshido action there is a twofold and opposite bullshit reaction.
                      Last edited by sdave; 8/20/2006 10:01pm, .
                      Dave

Originally posted by jnp

Comment

Doesn't force generally DECREASE after being reflected? (Or bounced...or whatever the scientific term is?)

I figured since it was National Geographic channel it would be better...and I ended up MISSING the first half hour in transit to get home from work...all I managed to do was get home in time to see the armbar and neck crank...and from then on...all the craptacular stuff.

I found it entertaining, if a little..unrealistic...although for 'best weapon' i'd have to say...Sniper rifle. Perfectly safe distance, and if you do it right it really IS 1 hit=1 kill. (I mean...hitting the the braing an' all right?)

In any case, any truth to the 'science' used with the breaking guys, and the repeated trauma to bones making them stronger?

Comment

I'm surprised Obata didn't freak out and kill everyone on the set for their idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gosai
                            Doesn't force generally DECREASE after being reflected? (Or bounced...or whatever the scientific term is?)

I figured since it was National Geographic channel it would be better...and I ended up MISSING the first half hour in transit to get home from work...all I managed to do was get home in time to see the armbar and neck crank...and from then on...all the craptacular stuff.

I found it entertaining, if a little..unrealistic...although for 'best weapon' i'd have to say...Sniper rifle. Perfectly safe distance, and if you do it right it really IS 1 hit=1 kill. (I mean...hitting the the braing an' all right?)

In any case, any truth to the 'science' used with the breaking guys, and the repeated trauma to bones making them stronger?
                            -Yes, hence sdave's Newton refference.

-There may be some truth to stronger bones though. I know there are studies that show resistance training makes bones denser.

Comment

Originally posted by RaiNnyX4
                              I'm surprised Obata didn't freak out and kill everyone on the set for their idiocy.
                              -Yeah, at least he had a descent weapon and was basically doing test cutting. The WMA guys do similar stuff I believe. Like was mentioned already, some western and middle eastern weapons would have been nice.
                              Last edited by RoninPimp; 8/20/2006 9:36pm, .

Comment

Guys and Gals...

I have to interject my own views here...

http://firehousesubs.com FUCKING ROCKS!!!
                                Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                                "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X