Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WooTy
    replied
    there are classes 5 times a week, guess thats a good thing, ill find out how many times a week they spar
    i hope kickboxing isnt too much for a lazy slowpoke like me XD

Leave a comment:

• mrblackmagic
    replied
    Find out how many times a week they let you spar.

Leave a comment:

• WooTy
    replied
    yah.. i didnt like hankido at all, im going to go try kickboxing on monday, hope im i like it

Leave a comment:

• Robstafarian
    replied
    Originally posted by Trubble
    take a real martial art
    Real helpful, is your name pronounced "Trollbble"?

Leave a comment:

• Trubble
    replied
    take a real martial art

Leave a comment:

• mrblackmagic
    replied
    ?

http://www.sangmookwan.com/page/7

http://www.ushapki.com/pages/hankido.php

Leave a comment:

• pauli
    replied
    if the workout kicks your ass, you might be in the right place.

Leave a comment:

• WooTy
    replied
    Originally posted by Robstafarian
    I'm reading it very differently. To me, it sounds like his initial rationalization has caused him to go too far in the other direction. He seems to be so interested in sparring that the lack of sparring in the class he attended really put him off. In other words, I think he's feeling that he went from forms and no real sparring to PE and no real sparring, after he was taught the value of sparring. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think it's too soon to write him off.
    yah preety much, thats the problem, im sorry to trouble u guys but im really tryng hard, this is a hard desition for me and i already noticed that kung fu sucked so its definetly not denial
    i got a weird style called hankido wich is suposed to be a derivation of hapkido near my house, ill probably go to a class soon and tell u guys how the class went, hope it suits the way i want to train
    about the exersises someone asked before, we did about 30 mins of jump rope, 10-15 mins of teaching hits then "exersises", from push ups to abs
    they did about 600 abs 1200 legs exersises and 120 push ups, maybe for u guys its normal or something,but i just couldnt keep up
    Elmacho, im sorry if i ever said anything to upset you but thx for keeping on posting, even if its just to get ur post number up ur still helping somehow but telling me im a retard or so, ur advices kinda got me =P as harsh as they were heh
    Last edited by WooTy; 8/08/2006 10:24pm, .

Leave a comment:

• Teh El Macho
    replied
    "I'll never stop sparring you" :love4:
    Can I use my mango kimono??? It helps me with my "closet" guard... :occasion1

Leave a comment:

• mrblackmagic
    replied
    I'm reading it very differently. To me, it sounds like his initial rationalization has caused him to go too far in the other direction. He seems to be so interested in sparring that the lack of sparring in the class he attended really put him off. In other words, I think he's feeling that he went from forms and no real sparring to PE and no real sparring, after he was taught the value of sparring. I don't want to put words in his mouth, but I think it's too soon to write him off.
    It might just be scheduling. The MT gym I went years ago only sparred on the weekened. I mean we'd do technique and calistentics Mon-Thurs, but all friday we'd got at. It was like a test in school. They gave us the lesson, we see what you learned, and then we critique it to see what you need to work on.You could do it more if you asked. That's just common practice.

Leave a comment:

• LA-SU
    replied
    :XXpuke: :XXpuke: ..... no one fights fair most people have knives or guns forget elbows and knees.

Leave a comment:

• Robstafarian
    replied
    Originally posted by El Macho
    ^^ dudes, you guys are making this thread sound like a discussion of "Brokeback Mountain"! LOL.
    "I'll never stop sparring you" :love4:

Leave a comment:

• Teh El Macho
    replied
    ^^ dudes, you guys are making this thread sound like a discussion of "Brokeback Mountain"! LOL.

Leave a comment:

• RunningDog
    replied
    Originally posted by sdave
    Yeah. That's me. I'm not a handsome man.

Meh. Thanks. Doesn't help my gr4ppl3 (too much)...
    Don't put yourself down big man. Beauty is only skin deep:pity:

Leave a comment:

• rokutanda
    replied
    You may want to research the following in Santiago...

http://www.karateoyama.cl/
    Kyokushin Karate is known as a style that spars hard and often...

http://www.gtp.gr/TDirectoryDetails.asp?ID=54286
    Judo is a good style that also practices with resistant opponents a good
    part of the time (randori).

If you could train both, that'd be good.

I used to live in Santiago from about 1981-1983, I believe, and then again from
    1986-1988. Back then I took Taekwondo but got fed up with it and joined
    Enzo Ramirez's Goju-Ryu school. I forgot the address, but they did a lot of
    medium and full contact sparring at Enzo's school back then. You may also
    want to look them up and check them out if they're still around.

If you can find a mixed martials arts school where they teach striking
    (Muay Thai, boxing, kickboxing), wrestling and submissions (Brazilian Jiujitsu,
    sambo), that's your best bet. Like others posted, Kung Fu isn't going to
    teach you good fighting skills unless you happen to have a great teacher
    (which is rare).

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X