X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No and Yes

Comment

Originally posted by WooTy
      just wondering, im curious but isnt anyone going to "defend" kung fu? lol or everyone thinks muay thai is better?
      Fuck muay thai...

and bjj=/= gjj.

Comment

just wondering, im curious but isnt anyone going to "defend" kung fu? lol or everyone thinks muay thai is better?
        I could sit here all day and defend kung fu. Thing is all my statements would finish with "if you find a good teacher."

The phrase is mainly the opposite with the sport arts right now. It is hard to find a crappy MT, BJJ, or Boxing coach.

Comment

Originally posted by theraydiator
          To defend a punch, you can either get out of the way or block it. To defend an armbar, you have to follow a set of non-intuitive instructions.
          I wouldn't say it's not intuitive, they make perfect sense once you understand what your opponent is trying to do, and what makes an arm lock (for example) work. Most people don't know though and will just walk straight into submissions a lot of the time.

I'm paraphrasing here, but I think some bjj guy said "To take something apart you must first understand what holds it together".

Comment

first of all i want to say that dagorilla shouldnt be speaking shit if he doesnt know about other ppl, english is not my main lenguage and my english is very good compared to the ignorant ppl on south america and im miles away from most ppl ma age speaking english, i would like to see u writing a spanish post, so i can tell u you are a retard.
            leaving that aside some of u guys really did hit the spot, i am very hesitant about this and i really like the enviroment and the teacher, tough i dotn want to waste my time, i live in chile south america (santiago) so if u guys could help me find something good to practise that would be nice since there isnt that much of a selection
            i found something called free style kickboxing, and there is plenty of hapkido schools around me too, i really am confused and im probably leaving kung fu as u guys say it would be for the best

i would apreciate that ppl like dagorilla and omega can stay away from this thread if they arent making helpfull comments and just are going to flame at ppl they dont know like they were some helpless nerds with no life (hopefully they arent, not meant to make an offense by sayng that)
            Wooty, you are an idiot. Really.

First, lurk more on this site and its forums. Shit, fuck and similar expletives are the norm of the day. People will deride and make fun of you, just like anybody else, most of the time for no apparent reason, and many times just because you are a newcomer. Take everything with a grain of salt, and last but not least, you must grow a thick skin. Otherwise you won't last here.

Second, daGorilla and Omega are users that you really want to hear. Really.

Third, this is the internet dude. You don't have the power to say who will reply to your threads and questions or how. Don't get offended so easely, and learn to deal with it.

Fourth, I'm starting to doubt whether you are in South America. You haven't said where you are, where you live. Where in South America are you? In what country? What city? How many times will it take to ask you that?

Fifth, I'm starting to doubt English is not your first language. The teenagerish way of writing and the slang and the lack of uppercases and punctuation marks. That's the trademark if the is-kinda-like-you-know English-speaking kids of today.

If there is one thing about people from Latin America that are educated (or well off) enough to speak English, it is that there is a fascination, almost a fetish about writing correctly. It's a cultural thing, like tortillas in Mexico and bikini wax in Brazil.

You may be in newbietown; however, it wouldn't hurt to write grammatically correct sentences. You speak English well enough to know how.

And you keep asking the same questions even though they have been answered already. This is not a place for people to lend you a brain. At some point, do some effort from your part and think and do the appropriate research (searching the forums in this website for example.)

Come on, man, at least show some effort in searching for facts and constructing your own opinion. :spanky:
            Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

i might take on muay thai (free style boxing) , i dont really have any "friends" in there since everyone is older than me lol, ur right i have to move on, i already payd for the month so i guess for the next 2 weeks ill go and ill figure out what art to do with ur help guys
              Don't worry about the age difference. I take Sanda Kickboxing which is similar to Muay Thai and can tell you that most gyms will provide you with good training.

Everyone at my gym is much older than me as well, but if you make conversation it shouldn't be difficult to make friends.

Comment

first of all i want to say that dagorilla shouldnt be speaking shit if he doesnt know about other ppl, english is not my main lenguage and my english is very good compared to the ignorant ppl on south america and im miles away from most ppl ma age speaking english, i would like to see u writing a spanish post, so i can tell u you are a retard.
                leaving that aside some of u guys really did hit the spot, i am very hesitant about this and i really like the enviroment and the teacher, tough i dotn want to waste my time, i live in chile south america (santiago) so if u guys could help me find something good to practise that would be nice since there isnt that much of a selection
                i found something called free style kickboxing, and there is plenty of hapkido schools around me too, i really am confused and im probably leaving kung fu as u guys say it would be for the best

i would apreciate that ppl like dagorilla and omega can stay away from this thread if they arent making helpfull comments and just are going to flame at ppl they dont know like they were some helpless nerds with no life (hopefully they arent, not meant to make an offense by sayng that)
                as far as the english way of speaking, the teaching system in here for english sucks, all i know i learnt it from either chatting or different games online, thats why i speak the way ppl up there do

would apreciate if u could stop calling me an idiot too
                Last edited by WooTy; 8/01/2006 4:54pm, .

Comment

WooTy, get used to it. You're going to have to toughen up if you wanna stick around here, you know.

Comment

as far as the english way of speaking, the teaching system in here for english sucks, all i know i learnt it from either chatting or different games online, thats why i speak the way ppl up there do

would apreciate if u wouldnt call me an idiot too
                    Calling you names is good for the soul, and it helps relieve stress (not yours, mine)... plus it will help you grow hairy testicles the size of papayas. You'll thank me some day, my idiotic child.

And, again, where in South America are you????
                    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

dont want to fight online but i would apreciate it if someone that cant read and has to ask the same question 3 times after he was answered twice already could stop calling me an idiot

Comment

If you're ESL then spelling/grammar can be forgiven. (I'm a professional writer and I jab here people all the time about their writing -- nothing personal -- well, most of the time.) :)

That said -- the popular mantra on Bulshido is Judo, BJJ, Muay Thai, Boxing... but really, if you dig deeper -- the real mantra is just 'aliveness' -- i.e. if your art -- Traditional or otherwise -- has a good dose of modern science and sparring/pressure testing in its practices, then you're probably fine. If you spend tons of time punching the air and operating in the realm of theory, then you may want to move on -- at least if learning practical fighting methods is important to you.

-daGorilla

Comment

dont want to fight online but i would apreciate it if someone that cant read and has to ask the same question 3 times after he was answered twice already could stop calling me an idiot
                          Well, the only way for me to finally see where you live is by you highlighting where you answered the question.

Again, it goes back to the fact that your posts are a mess. Don't expect people to read your posts if you don't capitalize sentences, don't use punctuation marks, and don't separate paragraphs by spaces.

You are from Chile; therefore you speak Spanish. You are 17 and are from one of the most literate countries in Latin America. You have access to a computer connected to the Internet, and in the developing world, that means you are from the middle or upper class with ample access to an education.

Therefore you are familiar with the concept of beginning sentences with uppercase letters (mayusculas), and with the separation of sentences with punctuation marks (coma, punto y coma, dos puntos, punto y seguido, punto y aparte, punto y final.)

You are also familiar with simple and compound/complex sentences (oraciones simples y compuestas.) You are familiar with paragraphs () and paragraph spacing.

They exist for a reason; to help potential readers navigate your words and get to the information or inquiries you are trying to make. This is not a chat-room, man. Get to it and write appropriately. Don't expect people to make an effort to read giberish.

You know English well, and you know Spanish well, and from the later, you know how to write. Spanish rules of punctuation and capitalization are almost the same in both languages. So you have two choices:

- keep writing posts that resemble gibberish typed by a monkey (which makes them impossible to read)

OR

- rub a pair of neurons together and write in a way that is easy to read.

You don't want to be the target of jokes and name calling? Then, make an effort to write well. If you chose not to, then don't complain when we use you for comedy relief.
                          Last edited by Teh El Macho; 8/01/2006 5:39pm, .

Comment

That answer was quite diferent, i preety much agree with u even tough i did highlight the paragraph twice

writing like that wasnt so hard was it, u can mock someone but no need to swear, one will sound Like a joke and the other one will suound like an insult

Comment

shit el macho get off his nuts. you already proved how fucking dumb YOU are when he quoted his post and bolded the bit about where he lived, then quoted it AGAIN and enlarged AND bolded it before you could read it. this isnt a case of his bad grammar (which is legible even if it isnt perfect) its a case of you being a blind fuckwit. its the internet. So long as its legible who gives a shit, i hardly ever capitilise words. I also use a different speeeeeling than most people here and go into uncontrollable rants about nothing and I am far from the worst offender on this site.

Your grammar nazi faggotry which I supsect is just an attempt to bag on a newbie because hes a newbie (about his fucking GRAMMAR of all things) is just sad. if you are going to tug his short and curlies at least do it about something relevant like his almost comic book style approach to martial arts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wooty
                                im miles away from most ppl ma age speaking english, i would like to see u writing a spanish post, so i can tell u you are a retard.
                                Dude I don't know, how old are you? I'm 16, English isn't my native language and I don't make as much grammar mistakes as you do. I speak French by the way.

Edit: Ah you're 17. Well the fact that English ain't your native language doesn't mean that you have to type like if you were sending a SMS to one of your buddy. Or in fact, like a retard.
                                Last edited by Sokaku; 8/01/2006 6:58pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X