Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VERY confused MA NooB

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I can't use elbows and knees anymore? What have I been doing. Apparently, it wasn't "Martial Arts!"

    Comment


      #17
      It was dirty street thuggery, you hooligan.
      :new_all_c

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Neildo
        It was dirty street thuggery, you hooligan.
        Str33t thugg3ry FTW:f-off:
        "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

        Comment


          #19
          Yeah, you pedestrian hooligan. Martial Arts go hand in hand with good manners, honor, spirituality and gentlemanliness. Fucking vulgar barbarians.
          Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

          My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

          New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

          t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

          The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by El Macho
            Yeah, you pedestrian hooligan. Martial Arts go hand in hand with good manners, honor, spirituality and gentlemanliness. Fucking vulgar barbarians.

            Apparently I am not a Martial Artist. Cause I have bad manners, I hate people, have no honor and only do MA to learn to hurt people.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by pl4zM4
              Apparently I am not a Martial Artist. Cause I have bad manners, I hate people, have no honor and only do MA to learn to hurt people.
              I only do MA to learn how to eat and pinch people, i.e.,



              An oldy but a goodie..............JKD for the win....

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by pl4zM4
                Apparently I am not a Martial Artist. Cause I have bad manners, I hate people, have no honor and only do MA to learn to hurt people.
                that, and you're a ninja
                Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

                Comment


                  #23
                  thx a lot for all the answers, but i guess i expresed miself wrong, what i meant is that while im practising martial arts (1 vs 1) im not suposed to use my elbows or knees for diferent blows, just the fancy kicks or blows i have been tought
                  so if i dont use them in fights, ill get used to not expect one of this kind of hits, and i might be less effective in a fight

                  im doing shaolin kung fu and shit is preety fancy yet powerfull but im looking for something simpler, so instead of doing fancy shit i can do something powerfull and just beat the crap out of the guy

                  kung fu does not teach me self defence, just how to fight, for example i might be able to kick his ass bare handed but if he got a knife im going to probably run away

                  so what should i study according to that? is there anything else other than muay thai and kick boxing?? or they are the only "modern" way of combat??

                  someone sayd i wouldnt be ok with krav maga?? why is that and how can u proove that, u really think a krav maga expert wont kick ur ass?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Kidspatula
                    that, and you're a ninja
                    No longer a Ninja. Just a faggy Japanese Jujutsu-ka

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by WooTy
                      thx a lot for all the answers, but i guess i expresed miself wrong, what i meant is that while im practising martial arts (1 vs 1) im not suposed to use my elbows or knees for diferent blows, just the fancy kicks or blows i have been tought
                      so if i dont use them in fights, ill get used to not expect one of this kind of hits, and i might be less effective in a fight

                      im doing shaolin kung fu and shit is preety fancy yet powerfull but im looking for something simpler, so instead of doing fancy shit i can do something powerfull and just beat the crap out of the guy

                      Then your sparring and style suck.

                      Originally posted by WooTy
                      kung fu does not teach me self defence, just how to fight, for example i might be able to kick his ass bare handed but if he got a knife im going to probably run away

                      so what should i study according to that? is there anything else other than muay thai and kick boxing?? or they are the only "modern" way of combat??
                      No your style teaches you to dance that is it.


                      Originally posted by WooTy
                      someone sayd i wouldnt be ok with krav maga?? why is that and how can u proove that, u really think a krav maga expert wont kick ur ass?

                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=9u36VpN-P1U#watch_response

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by WooTy
                        thx a lot for all the answers, but i guess i expresed miself wrong, what i meant is that while im practising martial arts (1 vs 1) im not suposed to use my elbows or knees for diferent blows, just the fancy kicks or blows i have been tought
                        so if i dont use them in fights, ill get used to not expect one of this kind of hits, and i might be less effective in a fight

                        im doing shaolin kung fu and shit is preety fancy yet powerfull but im looking for something simpler, so instead of doing fancy shit i can do something powerfull and just beat the crap out of the guy

                        kung fu does not teach me self defence, just how to fight, for example i might be able to kick his ass bare handed but if he got a knife im going to probably run away

                        so what should i study according to that? is there anything else other than muay thai and kick boxing?? or they are the only "modern" way of combat??

                        someone sayd i wouldnt be ok with krav maga?? why is that and how can u proove that, u really think a krav maga expert wont kick ur ass?
                        You are indeed the dumbest kung-fu practitioner I've seen on this site in awhile. Did your boyfriend allow you to post on this thread? If I called you stupid would that make you any smarter?

                        Where the fuck do we get these idiots anyway. Are they mass banning people from MAP again?

                        Comment


                          #27
                          to repeat: wooty, how old are you and how long have you been training?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            first of all i never recalled sayng im an expert at martial arts, i even sayd im a newb to start with, and omega wtf is wrong with u, asking questions is stupid? who are u to call someone stupid, if i came to an online forum its to ask anything im concerned of stupid or not, if ur not gonna help and ur just going to be a dumbass just dont reply and stfu

                            im 17 and i been training for 2 month, but for what i can see people that have been training for about 2 years arent exactly good, just probably decent
                            the teacher is preety good tough and we do a lot of sparring every class,
                            in the same gym i got kickboxing classes tough, is kickboxing any good? is it only like punches and kicks or do they teach u some grabs and locks too? what would be more usefull for self defense?

                            omega dont post i dont care about ur opinion
                            thx everyone for tryng to help

                            Comment


                              #29
                              kickboxing would shit all over your shaolin bullshit. go there.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by WooTy
                                omega dont post i dont care about ur opinion
                                thx everyone for tryng to help
                                :eusa_doh:

                                That's not exactly how it works around here....



                                Anyway, the answer to your problems is simple. Go to a school that teaches boxing, kickboxing/muay thai, BJJ, or join your school's wrestling team (I'm assuming a 45 year old dude wouldn't type like you).

                                Try out classes and here's a list of things to look for:

                                1) exhausted, sweaty martial artists
                                2) hard contact in sparring for the striking arts (if it doesn't look like it hurts in training, it won't hurt when you want it to)
                                3) full resistance sparring for the grappling arts (again, this means trying to use techniques against an opponent that is trying to wreck you, not against a guy that turns into your puppet as soon as you start a technique on him).

                                If you've got all that, you're on the right track, and the martial arts school in question gets the preliminary Bullshido seal of approval.


                                Try out a variety of schools in your area - don't just pick the first you go to. The martial arts community runs on the principle of "Buyer Beware!" so protect your interest and make an informed decision.

                                Finally, use the search function on these forums to find a plethora of tips and suggestions for people in exactly your situation.

                                Have fun, good luck.
                                -Jordan

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X