BJJ Mumbai - Definitely Bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://imgur.com/H5SwNFy

Here is a screenshot of the conversation I had with 2 black belts in Paris regarding this topic.

The first blackbelt is 6th-degree blackbelt Paulo Sergio Santos (the highest-ranking blackbelt in France and a senior referee for IBJJF, UAEJJF, AJP, and ACBJJ)
    Here is his BJJ Heroes page: http://bjjheroes.com/bjj-fighters/paulo-sergio and his personal bio http://www.psphoenixbjj.com/?page_id=6 to verify that he is really legit.

The second blackbelt is 2nd-degree blackbelt Alexis de Bretagne, a blackbelt under Paulo who continued the conversation for Paulo as he has better English.

The school does not exist and never existed, the certificate is fake, and the blackbelt who he claims promoted him never existed either.

Comment

Originally posted by battlefields View Post
      Stuff
      Tagging you to see the most recent post

Comment

His terminology really isn't the problem.........
        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
        –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
          His terminology really isn't the problem.........
          no, the terminology isn't the problem per se, but it does make the certificate more obviously false. There is no chance that a French BJJ organization would use incorrect French in the name of the academy. Likewise, chances are more than good that they would use JJB vs BJJ.

Comment

Right, so Rickson hasn't heard of him, but he is listed on this website as a practitioner:

https://jjgf.com/academy-member/deepak-rao

And the school is also listed as an Academy:

https://jjgf.com/academy/tap-out-bjj-academy

I've requested information from JJGF regarding this, and I have also contacted the medical school where he supposedly got his medical certificate. Neither have replied.

I had done extensive research through video on his Wiki page - yes, Wiki page - that showed his nearly 100 "reference" links are between 5-10 recycled articles about him and Seema Rao, most of them about him being bestowed an HONORARY rank of Major in what looks to be like the "Army Reserves" of India, the "Terriers". A shitload are dead links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepak_Rao

His whole persona is counterfeit, even the actual legit thing about him, his rank of Major, is not earned through the normal channels.

Interestingly the President/ Prime Minister/ Head Honcho of India does actually have a picture of SEEMA, not DEEPAK, on his official Instagram, from what I can tell.

Also, that Wiki page has had more recent edits on it, likely by the man himself, than this guy has "taught hand to hand terrorism units".
            GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
            Originally posted by Devil
            I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
            Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
            I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

Right, so Rickson hasn't heard of him, but he is listed on this website as a practitioner:

https://jjgf.com/academy-member/deepak-rao

And the school is also listed as an Academy:

https://jjgf.com/academy/tap-out-bjj-academy

I've requested information from JJGF regarding this, and I have also contacted the medical school where he supposedly got his medical certificate. Neither have replied.

I had done extensive research through video on his Wiki page - yes, Wiki page - that showed his nearly 100 "reference" links are between 5-10 recycled articles about him and Seema Rao, most of them about him being bestowed an HONORARY rank of Major in what looks to be like the "Army Reserves" of India, the "Terriers". A shitload are dead links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deepak_Rao

His whole persona is counterfeit, even the actual legit thing about him, his rank of Major, is not earned through the normal channels.

Interestingly the President/ Prime Minister/ Head Honcho of India does actually have a picture of SEEMA, not DEEPAK, on his official Instagram, from what I can tell.

Also, that Wiki page has had more recent edits on it, likely by the man himself, than this guy has "taught hand to hand terrorism units".
              I received this message in response to my inquiry to Rickson's association:
              "Dear [Name],

Thank you for reaching out.

We have received other messages regarding Deepak Rao.

We opened a revision process regarding his academy, his personal and his wife affiliations and will contact them to give the right of response.

If it is proved that there were any foul play in his affiliation process, his affiliation will be terminated.

Be safe, be well,

JJGF Team
              Jiu Jitsu Global Federation
              www.jjgf.com

"Jiu Jitsu Global Federation - By All For All. Together we will make Jiu Jitsu the biggest Martial Art in the World" - Rickson Gracie"

Also, some of the recent Wikipedia edits are from me, actually, as "BasicsOnly" cleaning up a lot of false information and self-promotion as well as information that is purely self-referential in nature. Wikipedia has strict standards for pages of living people, and this content did not match that standard. You can look in the edit history and click on dates to see the page prior to the edits. Additionally, his supposed paramilitary organization he created does not seem to exist at all.

Also, I find it very disturbing that one of his most commonly used website references is "Kingsperm.com"...

Comment

also, how much longer until this becomes an actual MABS thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Myn View Post

I received this message in response to my inquiry to Rickson's association:
                  "Dear [Name],

Thank you for reaching out.

We have received other messages regarding Deepak Rao.

We opened a revision process regarding his academy, his personal and his wife affiliations and will contact them to give the right of response.

If it is proved that there were any foul play in his affiliation process, his affiliation will be terminated.

Be safe, be well,

JJGF Team
                  Jiu Jitsu Global Federation
                  www.jjgf.com

"Jiu Jitsu Global Federation - By All For All. Together we will make Jiu Jitsu the biggest Martial Art in the World" - Rickson Gracie"

Also, some of the recent Wikipedia edits are from me, actually, as "BasicsOnly" cleaning up a lot of false information and self-promotion as well as information that is purely self-referential in nature. Wikipedia has strict standards for pages of living people, and this content did not match that standard. You can look in the edit history and click on dates to see the page prior to the edits. Additionally, his supposed paramilitary organization he created does not seem to exist at all.

Also, I find it very disturbing that one of his most commonly used website references is "Kingsperm.com"...

Hahaha, I realised that my email didn't send to JJGF.

I know for a fact that Rickson hasn't heard of the guy, if you were the ONLY one in India with the accolade, I'm sure he'd have heard of it.

We'll see how we go with the review process.

In regards to MABS, no idea, I don't have the authority plus I think my title is a bit salacious for MABS, can't be so definitive.

And I don't know why you're so worried about Deepak Rao referencing a Royals Haircut related website, I think we all could do with a King's Perm every so often....

I'll see myself out

GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
                  Originally posted by Devil
                  I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                  I <3 Battlefields...

Comment

And I don't know why you're so worried about Deepak Rao referencing a Royals Haircut related website, I think we all could do with a King's Perm every so often....

I'll see myself out
                    How very dare you

Comment

stuff
                      More fun to watch here - we should back these up to be able to view later, if you know how to (before they are removed). These are some of the "3rd degree mma blackbelts" at his school in "matches" against "Americans"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9DPP_gg-rI
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5raSZKloI4w
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARhOfk4sirA
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhaohRHwE6k

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post
                        tagging
                        Also, if you guys look at https://web.archive.org/web/20190407...bjjmumbai.com/, the waybackmachine capture of the site actually plays most of his videos still.

GOODLUN does this look like the BJJ of a blackbelt level practitioner to you? haha

Comment

Also, in case it gets removed somehow, the snapshot from April 7 2019 of the BJJMUMBAI page lists the following as the "lineage" of Mr. Deepak Rao and his wife:

[h=Lineage of The R A Os]4[/h][h=Prof Deepak & Dr Seema]4[/h]REGISTERED BLACKBELTS BY JIU JITSU GLOBAL FEDERATION
                          Both Deepak & Seema have similar credentials listed below

Master Instructor IMB, Learnt Machado BJJ
                          from GM Richard Bustillo for 15 years

6th Deg Black Belt (Deepak only)
                          From O’Sensei Philip Porter, 10thDan Judo-Kodokan

Blackbelt Jiu Jitsu
                          Shodan

Blackbelt BJJ Syndicat de BJJ (France)
                          from Prof. Adolphe Auguste (4th gen lineage tracing to Rickson Gracie)

Upto Brown Belt BJJ,
                          Lockjaw BJJ Academy, Arizona
                          SJJIF (Sport Jiu Jitsu International Federation)
                          NABJJ (North American BJJ Federation)
                          (5th gen lineage tracing to Reylson Gracie)

Head Coach India Team
                          MMA FCF Russia
                          India Coach Pro MMA
                          YBN Germany.

Please anyone feel free to comment with thoughts and experiences. I'm VERY interested in the 15 years of "Machado BJJ" from Richard Bustillo, the 6th degree Judo blackbelt, and the various BJJ lineages he claims.

Comment

His other reported claims from the archive of Majordeepakrao.com:

Indian Army Brand Ambassador. 1 of 5 Indians to get Presidents Rank Award Since 1947. Pioneer Modern CQB Training for Elite Commando Units. Helped Train Anti Terror Squads of 12 States. Hon Major TABN, Parachute Regiment.

Scientist. Researched & Authored 10 Books on Political Science, Pragmatic Philosophy & Non Interventional Medicine. Invented Rao Reflex Shooting System. World Peace Awardee. Motivational Keynote Speaker on use of Military / Battle protocol for Management.

Harvard Qualified Doctor. No Intervention Physician. Doctorates In Law, Alt Med & Philosophy. Follower Of Zen Buddhism. Sensei /Master Of Mumbai Zen Dojo/Group.

8th Deg Blackbelt in Military UAC. President of UCCA, Academy of Professional Black Belt Instructors. II Generation Bruce Lee Descendant. First Indian Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Blackbelt under Gracie. MMA BJJ National Coach for Russia, Germany & Arizona. Director & Film Maker

He is Harvard Medical School qualified Doctor. He is an expert on Zen with study of Religion, again from Harvard University. He is a published author of 10 books. His books have gone to FBI, INTERPOL & Buckingham Palace. He is a Motivational Keynote Speaker & perhaps the topmost in the field of Military Talks.

ALSO - if you click download biodata, you get the following claims:

"Major Deepak Rao is a Medical doctor who has studied Pharmacology or Drug Therapy from Harvard Medical School as well as Naturotherapy from Alternative Medicine. He has a PhD in Military Science, a PhD in Law from UK, a PhD in Zen Buddhism. He has also studied Religious Literacy from Harvard. H

e is a published author of 10 books on military, political science, medicine and philosophy. He is a multidimensional personality being a Commando Trainer, Doctor, Author, SCUBA Instructor, Combat Driver, MMA Coach, Worlds highest Instructor in Bruce Lee's art JKD who learnt under Bruce Lee’s 75 year old student Grand Master Richard Bustillo. He has a 8th degree Blackbelt in Unarmed Combat making him the senior most in the country.

He is a popular motivational speaker known for Battle philosophy for corporate management, Sun Tzu Art of war for business & Zen philosophy for peaceful life. Major Deepak Rao got World Peace Award in 2008. He has over 1000 commendations till date from President, Prime Ministers, Army Chiefs, Naval Chief, Paramilitary heads, DGP. Internationally he has received appreciation from Robert Muller then FBI Chief, Ronald Noble then INTERPOL Secretary general and Her Majesty, the Queen of England!"

AND perhaps my favorite part is what he claims to have survived:

"slipped disc, eye retinal tears, bankruptcy, Knee dislocation and random terrorist fire"

Comment

From his medical page:

[h=DR DEEPAK RAO: NO INTERVENTION MEDICINE BY ALTERNATIVE CURE IN MUMBAI]1[/h][h=PREVENT BYPASS SURGERY ANGIOPLASTY KNEE JOINT REPLACEMENT & SLIP DISC]2[/h]Prof. Doctor Rao

Click here for Medical Blog

Disease creates fear. With all medical advances, we still dread going to the clinic, lab or hospital. Intervention in the form of Cut, Replace, Transplant and Radiate is the only mantra, with the aim of removing everything that is diseased, including appendix, gall bladder, breast, kidney, slipped disc & transplanting the Joint, Kidney or Liver. The Doctor needs to reassure us, aid the natural process of healing and use medical facilities to make the endurance of disease easier.

Dr. Rao is a practicing physician whose special interest is in avoiding unnecessary intervention and helping ease terminal patients. His medical training is from an elite government hospital giving him tremendous experience with all types of patients. His overseas education from Harvard Medical School in pharmacology & Lifestyle Medicine from Doane University adds expertise. His Ivy League training in Disaster and Emergency Medicine Program from Stanford Medical School, makes his knowledge up to date from all around the world. His doctoral research in Alternative Medicine is about using sound allopathic principles for healing and shunning overzealous drug therapy.

He has recovered from Slip Disc, Knee joint ligament tears, hypertension, asthma, peptic ulcers, kidney stones, depression without surgery or radical drug therapy. He is an avid medical writer. His writings against unwarranted coronary bypass, angioplasty, cancer & other operations has been featured by Times of India, Sunday Times, Indian Express & Online media etc.

Comment

https://web.archive.org/web/20190407...t-kune-do.html

and this is his "JKD" page with more ridiculous claims. This guy is going to get his students hurt or killed.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X