Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Smith Needs to Learn Chokes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Anthony Smith Needs to Learn Chokes

    High School(former) wrestler breaks in and gives Anthony Smith the fight of his life. Apparently despite being a Rickson Gracie lineage black belt, the problem is that he never learned how to choke people properly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TUTdW1z.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	4595338
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

    #2
    Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    High School(former) wrestler breaks in and gives Anthony Smith the fight of his life. Apparently despite being a Rickson Gracie lineage black belt, the problem is that he never learned how to choke people properly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TUTdW1z.jpg
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	4595338
    I think we both know we he should have heel hooked the mother fucker

    Comment


      #3
      I heard about this one, wasn't the intruder possibly on something as well?? I heard that even though he ate the punches he was fucked up afterwards.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
        I heard about this one, wasn't the intruder possibly on something as well?? I heard that even though he ate the punches he was fucked up afterwards.
        Anyone on the street you can't out wrestle was on drugs.
        Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
          I heard about this one, wasn't the intruder possibly on something as well?? I heard that even though he ate the punches he was fucked up afterwards.
          I think he had a history of mental illness. I haven't seen anything definite on the drug issue. I just find it funny that a hobbyist black belt is saying a profession fighter doesn't know how to fight properly.
          Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

          "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

            I think he had a history of mental illness. I haven't seen anything definite on the drug issue. I just find it funny that a hobbyist black belt is saying a profession fighter doesn't know how to fight properly.
            A bipolar guy in a manic phase can be very dangerous. Their brain is dumping endorphins and dopamine like crazy already.
            "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

            Comment


              #7
              https://www.3newsnow.com/news/local-...-home-intruder

              There's been a couple articles citing possible drug use by the intruder. At least it didn't end badly for Smith. Sounds like Smith did a good job of defending his home.

              Comment


                #8
                The police came back and said he has a history of mental illness, and violence. I saw footage from a neighbour's door cam where he was just relentlessly yelling like a schizo(Just noticed it's in the above link)

                Problem is, what do you do when they come to, after the choke, and start going buck mad again? Anthony was trying to control his hands, and his I think step mum got him a knife, so he was trying to control the guy's hand's with only one of his, holding the knife in the other, and then put the knife down, and continued wrestling with both again, so it's clear he's either not used to street violence, or genuinely didn't want to seriously hurt the guy. Otherwise, especially with his family in the house, he probably would've used the knife, and that's a question in a choke scenario, do you hold on to it longer than you should? Anthony said he didn't know what the guy had, so was just going to do what he could so his family could escape. Dude was willing to die.

                I remember seeing the same kind of door cam video I mentioned online where an old lady with a butcher knife in the middle of the night walked up to a stranger's door, and just kept trying to stare in the eye hole for an hour before walking off. That's some eery shit. In (pre-covid 19) work all of our customers that were robbed had it happen at this same time of night, and some of them were tied up, a couple even tortured, one an elderly lady on the same street as our work yard. They will even boil your kettle too to throw in your face if you come investigating. Pure scum bags. The laws are a bit different here to what you're allowed to do than they are in the States, and a gun threat isn't as high, but still these always seem to be people that society would be doing a lot better if they were no longer in it.
                Last edited by Ulsteryank; 4/12/2020 2:18am, .

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Ulsteryank View Post
                  The police came back and said he has a history of mental illness, and violence. I saw footage from a neighbour's door cam where he was just relentlessly yelling like a schizo(Just noticed it's in the above link)

                  Problem is, what do you do when they come to, after the choke, and start going buck mad again? Anthony was trying to control his hands, and his I think step mum got him a knife, so he was trying to control the guy's hand's with only one of his, holding the knife in the other, and then put the knife down, and continued wrestling with both again, so it's clear he's either not used to street violence, or genuinely didn't want to seriously hurt the guy. Otherwise, especially with his family in the house, he probably would've used the knife, and that's a question in a choke scenario, do you hold on to it longer than you should? Anthony said he didn't know what the guy had, so was just going to do what he could so his family could escape. Dude was willing to die.

                  I remember seeing the same kind of door cam video I mentioned online where an old lady with a butcher knife in the middle of the night walked up to a stranger's door, and just kept trying to stare in the eye hole for an hour before walking off. That's some eery shit. In (pre-covid 19) work all of our customers that were robbed had it happen at this same time of night, and some of them were tied up, a couple even tortured, one an elderly lady on the same street as our work yard. They will even boil your kettle too to throw in your face if you come investigating. Pure scum bags. The laws are a bit different here to what you're allowed to do than they are in the States, and a gun threat isn't as high, but still these always seem to be people that society would be doing a lot better if they were no longer in it.
                  Why would you let go of the choke?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

                    Why would you let go of the choke?
                    I guess it depends on the situtation. If you don't want to kill the guy, that is one good reason to let go(though I admit I would have shot him).

                    If you are referring specfiically to the OP, and hobbyist black belt there saying "just choke him out", in the comments he is specifically referring to standing chokes. Most black belts I've seen typically let go after getting suplesed from a standing choke by a wrestler. Would gladly provide video if you like. Which is why I shared for the initial absurdity.
                    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                    "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Accidental double post.
                      Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                      "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                      Comment


                        #12

                        ​​​​​
                        Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

                        I guess it depends on the situtation. If you don't want to kill the guy, that is one good reason to let go(though I admit I would have shot him).

                        If you are referring specfiically to the OP, and hobbyist black belt there saying "just choke him out", in the comments he is specifically referring to standing chokes. Most black belts I've seen typically let go after getting suplesed from a standing choke by a wrestler. Would gladly provide video if you like. Which is why I shared for the initial absurdity.

                        What the fuck are you talking about? Thats a weird ass response.
                        I was specifically referencing not letting go of a choke that was already in.
                        You're full of shit that a novice subgrappler with high school wrestling is supplexing black belts with any regularity. A good high school wrestler is not hard to choke for 1. Their muscle memory/ natural reaction is to turtle when they are pinned. It has to be trained out of them.




                        Last edited by Raycetpfl; 4/16/2020 10:17am, .

                        Comment


                          #13



                          Here's the whole story. I am glad everyone is OK.

                          I do wonder if he has thought about jiu-jitsu being his kinda "go to" self defense art. It sounds like he could have done pretty much whatever he wanted but was just flustered and nervous for obvious reasons and smashing was his go to.
                          He states he hasn't been in many real life confrontations. Most people that I know that have prefer chokes for a quite a few reasons.
                          I bet his pistol/shotgun is never far away again though.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            ​​​​​


                            What the fuck are you talking about? Thats a weird ass response.
                            I was specifically referencing not letting go of a choke that was already in.
                            You're full of shit that a novice subgrappler with high school wrestling is supplexing black belts with any regularity. A good high school wrestler is not hard to choke for 1. Their muscle memory/ natural reaction is to turtle when they are pinned. It has to be trained out of them.



                            Hmmm... Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

                            So why would you let off a choke? Guy passed out. That doesn't mean abandon position, but yeah, let go before you kill him(unless you want to kill him).

                            Getting hit with a suples:
                            From a standing position: absolutely a probability by a guy who managed to finish in the top 5 of his State wrestling. The hobbyist black belt doing the criticizing in the pic I linked above, seems to believe that even against a D1 wrestler a nice standing guillotine will give him a win. I think he is out to lunch(actually as the conversation went on I know he was out to lunch, but that is a different story).

                            On the ground: 100% I'll agree with you that in most cases, especially if the BJJ guy can get dominant position he has the advantage.
                            Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

                            "But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post


                              Most people that I know that have prefer chokes for a quite a few reasons.
                              I bet his pistol/shotgun is never far away again though.
                              I'm shocked he didn't try to make cutlets out of that guy after his mother in law gave him a knife. Look, that guy came into the place where his wife and kids sleep at night. I don't have kids but some crazy fuck comes into where a child sleeps and I'd lean on everything I know about cleaning a deer as soon as my hands touched a sharp knife. If he hadn't been home, what could have happened is unthinkable.
                              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X