Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waki-Do Escrima, Münster, Deutschland Uber Alles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waki-Do Escrima, Münster, Deutschland Uber Alles.

A little sparrow shared this with me from another website, but check it out. This same person has cross posted some really bizarre videos on a few different sites, including here in the Traditional forums (glass breaking thread).

Not quite good enough for the Traditional Martial Arts forum, but quite possibly MABS worthy. But as a proving grounds, this'll do nicely.

I give you Waki-Do Escrima, Germany. OR as you'll all likely agree (because you will), total bullshit.

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

no bjj, lol...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
      no bjj, lol...
      But two different types of Soccer Attack! ><

I'm having a really hard time figuring out whether this is meant to be stupid, funny, serious, or all of the above.
      '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Usually when you use your student to pretend he practices other styles, you actually defeat him in your demos to make your style look better. Kudos to the teacher for actually losing to their student like a quarter of the time.

Comment

Best movement was from the little guy that realized they were filming and jumped back.
          Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Hey Doof...any chance you have an evil German twin?

Chainsaw vs axe...who wins? This question is going to haunt me for hours.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

But two different types of Soccer Attack! ><

I'm having a really hard time figuring out whether this is meant to be stupid, funny, serious, or all of the above.
              Yes, I had the same sort of thoughts.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                Hey Doof...any chance you have an evil German twin?

Chainsaw vs axe...who wins? This question is going to haunt me for hours.

If only they could find a guy less coordinated and less in shape than him to swing that ax around.

I think there is more potential with the saw, really. Now that we have powerful cordless chainsaws.

I think with some grip mods one of these would make a nice electric sword. The bars come in lengths up to 35".

Could do a sort of sword and dagger combo, maybe. Especially if you designed a purpose built one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	saw.JPG
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	4593319

Comment

I haven't even delved into whether this is a real Escrima school or some guys who did some FMA and went the goofy YouTuber route. They do seem to be promoting some sort of school or made up art...

The stickwork in the first vid suggests at least some training but let's be real, twirling the sticks for show and actually using them in sparring is a world apart.

I think swinging an axe around in public is pretty damn stupid. Whatever happened to people doing this shit in their own backyards like the ninjers. Spare the public from thinking there is an axe wielding murdered running around the park.

Even Doofa had more tact..

Comment

No. This does not look like legit "Escrima" and it only slightly resembles any FMA.
                    "Wakido" sounds like some weird bastardization of Japanese. The Weeaboo thing is not a part of FMA for obvious reasons. Shady AF
                    Escrima is a Spanish term and perhaps not an actual claim to Escrima from the Islands. Also shady AF

Comment

What kind of gold mine is this? 30+ minutes of pure energy.

Two words. Katana moonwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Machette View Post
                        No. This does not look like legit "Escrima" and it only slightly resembles any FMA.
                        "Wakido" sounds like some weird bastardization of Japanese. The Weeaboo thing is not a part of FMA for obvious reasons. Shady AF
                        Escrima is a Spanish term and perhaps not an actual claim to Escrima from the Islands. Also shady AF
                        Wa - harmony
                        Ki - energy
                        Do - way

It's not just used by Herr Park Ninja, but apparently all over the place.

Best YT comment from that last video: "Steve Seagal can't do this shit".
                        Last edited by W. Rabbit; 3/15/2020 3:15pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X