grapplethon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grapplethon

The gym i train at is hosting a 24 hour grapplethon to raise money for a charity supporting wounded veterans. I am planning on taking part and am aiming to put in at least a 2 hour stint of rolling in addition to the classes i usually do. I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience with these sort of events and had any stories or advice they wanted to share.

Yes. Bullshido member slideyfoot does these a few times a year. I participated in one myself years ago.

Roll light and stay hydrated. We had a few people who tried to roll hard for hours and cramped up pretty badly.
    Last edited by jnp; 3/01/2020 8:59pm, .
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I've never don't one of these but I did a couple 24 hour runs. The key to those is pace and hydration. You want to go hard at first and keep up with everyone but then after a couple hours you see those same yahoos walking. I would think it would be similar with your event.
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Start hydrated and electrolyzed. This goes for any long term endurance exercise.

Just drinking water can lead to electrolytic imbalance after a few hours which can make you as sick as not drinking water at all. All the fun symptoms of heat exhaustion.

If you don't want the sugar from Gatorade, you can try Pedialyte or even just some potassium or sodium chloride in your H20. You can also try those "instant hangover" tablets they sell now, which are basically solid form of the same.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

thanks for the advice guys, its much appreciated.

Comment

Medical grade oxygen.

But it really just pace yourself and hydrate. Gaterade is good too.

Tell us is how it goes.
            Last edited by lant3rn; 3/08/2020 7:54pm, .

Comment

little update on the grapplethon. as a result of the current pandemic it has been indefinitely postponed. Hopefully once the situation changes it will be back on.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X