X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lame excuses for losing

https://www.sbnation.com/2020/2/25/2...n-fury-excuses

Deontay Wilder blames his walk on costume for his defeat to Fury

He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me. I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior.

A lot of people were telling me: ‘it looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform.
    Dude

work on your conditioning FFS

That costume was badass. But walking from the locker room to the ring with an evenly distributed 40lbs fatigued him that much, his conditioning is pretty bad. I’m no pro athlete but I lug around more than that every single day at work.

Comment

Yeah, seems like it should have had the opposite effect, I have a 40lb weight vest, man do I feel like I am light on my feet when I take it off, it doesn't particularly fatigue me.

Comment

Originally posted by Permalost View Post
        That costume was badass. But walking from the locker room to the ring with an evenly distributed 40lbs fatigued him that much, his conditioning is pretty bad. I’m no pro athlete but I lug around more than that every single day at work.
        Yeah just a smidge over the top.

'�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

The best I saw was a meme saying Shredder wore the same outfit and was still able to whoop up on four turtles....a friend brought up as well that he mentioned training in a weighted vest or something when on Joe Rogan's podcast.

Comment

He didn't try the costume on before his walk out

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Comment

Mortal Kombat legend and former Emperor of Outworld, Shao Kahn, has blamed his recent second round fatality defeat to Kitana on his extravagant, cumbersome outfit.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X