Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

Just not a black belt though.
    Its never been an issue in the Gi. When it is I suppose it could be addressed.
    Also I don't think there should be rule changes for outliers. Maybe make exceptions for exceptional people but most 16 year olds are no where near black belt level.
    Boxing, Judo and wrestling are much more attribute based than bjj and the average judo and freestyle medalist is 25, for Boxing its 24.
    I have been teaching a few kids since they were 6 and are now 17. One of them is my daughter. She is a local Juvenilve champ that beats boys who are her weight in competion, 130 lbs. One of the other ones is now a state wrestler in one the largest states in the USA and regional medalist. They get fucking bodied by brown belts. My wife for instance toys with them on the mats.

The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Its never been an issue in the Gi. When it is I suppose it could be addressed.
      Also I don't think there should be rule changes for outliers. Maybe make exceptions for exceptional people but most 16 year olds are no where near black belt level.
      Boxing, Judo and wrestling are much more attribute based than bjj and the average judo and freestyle medalist is 25, for Boxing its 24.
      I have been teaching a few kids since they were 6 and are now 17. One of them is my daughter. She is a local Juvenilve champ that beats boys who are her weight in competion, 130 lbs. One of the other ones is now a state wrestler in one the largest states in the USA and regional medalist. They get fucking bodied by brown belts. My wife for instance toys with them on the mats.
      Your typical 16 to say 18 year old black belt in judo is competitive at national level in u18 or u21 age class.

Like, top 5 at least, and consistly.

They tend to get tooled by older adult national level black Belts.

But, they will tool club level black belts.
      Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
        Your typical 16 to say 18 year old black belt in judo is competitive at national level in u18 or u21 age class.

Like, top 5 at least, and consistly.

They tend to get tooled by older adult national level black Belts.

But, they will tool club level black belts.
        Club level judo black belts = BJJ Blue Belts ? Is that about right?
        The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

Club level judo black belts = BJJ Blue Belts ? Is that about right?
          Not that low level. Depends, tho. Can be good technically but not comp.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Not that low level. Depends, tho. Can be good technically but not comp.
            What would a good competitive Blue equate to?

Comment

What would a good competitive Blue equate to?
              That is tough. No national level comps for that level in judo. For adults.

Teens are different.

Comment

I have no exposure to comp blue belts. Very little, any way.

Comment

An 17 year old judo black belt is not equiv to 30 year old BJJ black belt, both at lowest black.

Comment

An 17 year old judo black belt is not equiv to 30 year old BJJ black belt, both at lowest black.
                    Would A more fair comparison might be a 17 year old Judo Black Belt to a 19 year old BJJ Black Belt?

likely even less so as most 19 year old BJJ Black belts are Phenoms
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                    –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Would A more fair comparison might be a 17 year old Judo Black Belt to a 19 year old BJJ Black Belt?

I think a 19 year old BJJ black would be very exceptional.

Black belt in BJJ is an expert rank. Not so in judo.

likely even less so as most 19 year old BJJ Black belts are Phenoms
                      Right, phenom.

Judo has such a higher population than BJJ.

An 19 year old judoka who is competitive at peak level adults is unusual indeed.

Comment

These comparisons are difficult.

Look at the number of u18 and u21 comps in Europe.

For example.

BJJ is tiny in comparison.

Comment

These comparisons are difficult.

Look at the number of u18 and u21 comps in Europe.

For example.

BJJ is tiny in comparison.
                          Then why is their a BJJ place on every corner huh huh huh?
                          Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                          –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Then why is their a BJJ place on every corner huh huh huh?
                            In the US...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X