• Show
Clear All

• Red Rocket
    replied
    What they said :P

Leave a comment:

• Yrkoon9
    replied
    OMG I HAVE A QUESTION: What is better, Judo or BJJ?

Leave a comment:

• jnp
    replied
    1. This forum is for discussion of Bullshido in the martial arts. Unless your claiming BJJ and Judo are Bullshido, this is the wrong forum. Your Martial Arts Suck (YMAS) would have been the better choice.

2. If you had performed a cursory search, you would have found the many existing threads tangentially answering your question. Most BS members would prefer if newer members made greater use of the Search Function. The Search Function tab is located at the center and top of every page, along with the other Forum User Controls. I admit this search would have taken some serious digging to find applicable answers, which leads me to..

3. It depends on the dojo. A substantial number of BJJ practitioners crosstrain in Judo and vice-versa. Naturally Judo is often taught in at least an unofficial manner in these dojos. Some places judo is not taught at all, I'm sure. I suspect, given the prevalence of crosstraining these days, Judo can be found in more than 50% of BJJ dojos. However, there is no quick and definitive answer to your question.

A better question might be: How much of the Judo syllabus is taught in my local BJJ dojo? But you'd have to go actually ask them, assuming there is one near you to ask. Or you could ask a staff member to make this thread a poll and ask the BJJ members here if Judo is taught where they train.

Leave a comment:

• Virus
    replied
    Not sure this thread belongs in MA BS. The degree of standup depends on how much the coach knows, you will probably learn enough to get by but if you are after good standup skills however you shouldn't be looking into BJJ classes but Judo or wrestling. Speaking for my own class we do some takedowns like hook-behinds, single and double leg, head throws fairly frequently.

Leave a comment:

• Kikaku
    started a topic BJJ and Judo.

BJJ and Judo.

I was just curious. How much of a Judo syllabus is covered in your typical Brazilian Ju-Jitsu school ?

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X