X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now with poll!

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
      he's probably calmed down... his post being almost three months old and all.....
      Yeah he calmed way down. Even bought himself a gi... and started BJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningDog
        And by that, you mean he saw the light of Helio and the message spread by his prophets Rickson and Kyra, and joined the side of righteousness and armbars.

Comment

And it was a great decision. There is nothing better than the feeling of starting w/ a blank slate.

Wing Chun will always be a big part of me, but there's a thin line between love and hate. As much as I love the system, I hate the bullshit, of which there are many different kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw
            And it was a great decision. There is nothing better than the feeling of starting w/ a blank slate.

Wing Chun will always be a big part of me, but there's a thin line between love and hate. As much as I love the system, I hate the bullshit, of which there are many different kinds.
            Join the club. It's humbling but cool being a newbie again isn't it? I rip the piss out of Wing Chun now, but there's some stuff I like. It's not what they sell it as though, and I don't know about you, but I'm annoyed at myself for buying into some of the stupider claims chunners make about their style.

Comment

Join the club. It's humbling but cool being a newbie again isn't it? I rip the piss out of Wing Chun now, but there's some stuff I like. It's not what they sell it as though, and I don't know about you, but I'm annoyed at myself for buying into some of the stupider claims chunners make about their style.
              I enjoy the feeling of being a newbie, with the potential to learn a shitload about systems that are known to be effective and can be demonstrated as such. I don't have to worry so much about whether or not my arm is exactly 45 degrees perpendicular to my centerline or some shit and I have to go run to my instructor for correction. If I screw up a move on the ground it won't work and I can correct myself until it does work properly, and all the corrections I get from the instructor can be explained really easily and they make noticeable improvement to my technique.

I don't feel wing chun is a big part of my martial arts nowadays, but things might be different for others if they trained more effectively or some such. I kinda look at WC nowadays as, well, sure, I could try converting the system to work for me, but why bother when there's boxing, MT, and kickboxing to learn?

Comment

It is definitely cool. I forgot how fast you learn when you are getting your ass kicked.

I have mentioned before that I am very lucky to have a sifu that encourages us to question everything we are told. This is a belief he emphasizes on a regular basis, and one of the reasons he sold me on the school from the beginning.

I'm not saying my school is perfect, but we (or some of we) have never believed in the ultimate superiority of wing chun. Before I found wing chun I learned my lessons about fighting, so perhaps that is the difference between me and more green wing chun students?

But hey...I can use my chi sao skills to help prevent collar chokes when someone takes my back! :icon_chee

Comment

About 5 months, and right after that we got into siu lim tao, and right after that I realized that it was complete BULLSHIT and took up a MMA+BJJ regiment at a real school.

Comment

Every time you do chi sau, the terrorists win. Only people who hate freedom do chi sau. You don't hate freedom, do you?

Comment

This thread went 3 pages and 4 months without any trolling. Everytime you troll, God rapes a baby kitten in the mouth!

Or at least answer the poll. I paid good money to use that feature. :P

Comment

I feel dirty even answering this poll.

I did one-hand chi sau within the first week, two-hand within the first month. I never enjoyed it, and it always felt wrong to me for some reason, which was the beginning of my doubts about wing chun.

Excuse me, I'm going to go wash my gi now. (dirty dirty unclean chunning, must wash stains of shitty chain punching away)

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw
                          But hey...I can use my chi sao skills to help prevent collar chokes when someone takes my back! :icon_chee
                          Don't forget the awesome triangle escapes in the Chum Kiu.

Dagon: you need to go to options in your user profile, and select '40 posts per page'. You need to do it now.

Comment

I teach a small chi sau exercise in my sales demo. So really I start it BEFORE the first class.

Its funny to listen to you Ex Chunners. Didn't really ever trust what your learning and then are surprized it didn't work? Don't want to correct your own angles for a tan sau but are willing to work hard on getting a Arm bar or escape right? So I guess NOW you are ready to take a martial art seriously?

The best part is no matter what YOU say, if you are ever successful at BJJ, we can say its because you have WC in your background.:5propelle (just reversing the way WC is critiqued on here)

"If anything is gained from this, it should be you both wanting to get better so you can make up for how crappy you are now." KidSpatula about the Sirc vs DTT Gong Sau Event
                            Until the Bulltube is fixed:
                            DTT vs Sirc

Comment

_ing _un gives you herpes

Comment

Really? For free? Where?
                                Tonuzaba

CLICK & WATCH
                                :
                                I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
                                " - by Vorpal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X