Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tommy Carruthers says he can beat bas rutten?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bad credit
    Whatever, you still can't deny the good showing JKD fighters have had in MMA. Erik Paulson was a Shooto champ, Maurice Smith was a kickboxing champ and former UFC Heavyweight champ. Randy Coutre went and studied at a JKD gym before beating Maurice Smith to become the champion. Dan Henderson went to the same gym; Straigh Blast. Seriously, I don't get it. why do all the MMA and BJJ guys on here worship Matt Thornton, but bash JKD? He does JKD! Oh sure, he evolved it and took "aliveness" to a new level, even beyond what most JKD schools have devolved into, but that's what JKD was always supposed to do; continually grow.
    Just because it's a "JKD" school doesn't mean that he trains in "JKD." In the fucking Tao of Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee specifically said that JKD is NOT A STYLE. Matt Thorton's school teaches Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Kickboxing, and other things. I have yet to find a video where he or one of his affiliates makes a big deal about Bruce Lee or Jeet Kune Do.

Besides, Matt Thorton alone does not compensate for all the other "Wing Chun with a side of Crappling" schools.
    sudo make me a sandwich!

Comment

This guy looks like he's never actually punched anyone in his life.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAhmed46
        "JKD" philosophy has been around long before bruce lee.

EDIT: That said, some really good JKD is around, JKDChick is a good example.
        I'm not really sure why JKDChick doesn't just call herself BJJChick.
        Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

I checked out his site and in his biography it states he's done some Judo and was a good boxer. It say's a lot of other stuff too but nowhere does it mention what alloy his testicles are forged from - I think some sort of titanium alloy is required before even taking El Guapo's name in vain. Is he giving up like 100lbs too? Some of that must be in the brain if he thinks he can defeat Bas.
          Straight punches make you go blind. More damage is done to a criminals nervous system when they are struck. Strikes that make you stronger. All this and more systema douchebaggery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eak-m2iwI7Q

NEW BONUS REEL, feat RobG at it again! lol:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJDnMDJVWmQ

Comment

Thats what is bothering me.

If the poster is telling the truth on that Tommy said this stuff, then such thinking is what spreads further progessive though in MA.
            www.dragonmma.ca

http://www.realselfdefensecenter.com/

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Phat...543abc&act=idx

Because i think he's funny.

Comment

Who cares?

No one.

I heard from someone that Tommy C said he could beat Bas' ass.

Then your dumb ass starts a thread that says "TC says he can beats Bas' ass."

Entirley based on a rumor.

You are worse than they guy who said he heard it.

Comment

But supposing it IS true.......that he said this.

It would be like disregarding the prowess of a guy who fights for a living to advertise a single style being invincible.
                www.dragonmma.ca

Comment

Originally posted by AAAhmed46
                  But supposing it IS true.......that he said this.

It would be like disregarding the prowess of a guy who fights for a living to advertise a single style being invincible.
                  And if the conjecture within your analogy weren't based on such an assumption, I might hypothetically agree.

But that's all purely conjecture on my part.
                  Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                  "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                  Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                  Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                  Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                  Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                  Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                  I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                  TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                  ATTN TOM KAGAN
                  World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                  Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                  I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                  Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

The guy said he heard tommy say that.

It's possible he did.
                    www.dragonmma.ca

Comment

Kareem Abdul Jabbar could still kick both their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kagan
                        And if the conjecture within your analogy weren't based on such an assumption, I might hypothetically agree.

This is the best response to anything, ever.

I need to put this on a t-shirt. Awesome.
                        :new_all_c

Comment

it would've been gold if he hadn't reused conjecture
                          Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Something needs to come out of this. Bas owning anyone, even verbally, would be glorious.

>>edit

Nevermind. There's no reason need to stir shit unecessarily. The MA world doesn't need to be like Dynasty.
                            Last edited by mrblackmagic; 7/10/2006 8:13pm, .
                            Sumus extra manum tuam.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                              it would've been gold if he hadn't reused conjecture
                              Oh, too right.

Originally posted by Tom Kagan
                              And if the supposition within your analogy weren't based on such an assumption, I might hypothetically agree.

Fixed.
                              :new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by Neildo
                                Oh, too right.

Fixed.

Funny, I had the same notion for the 2nd draft after Kidspatula's critique.
                                Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                                "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                                Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                                Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                                Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                                Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                                Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                                I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                                TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                                ATTN TOM KAGAN
                                World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                                Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                                I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                                Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X