New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

Hello I am new here. My name is John Stevens. I am a Alliance Blue Belt. Multiple Time Former State Wrestling Champion. 2-0 in MMA. Modern Army Combatives Level 3 instructor. I am an Officer in the Army and stationed in Ga. Look forward to talking with yall.

Whoa, quite a resume. Where are you stationed exactly? I used to be at HAAF.

Comment

I beleive it says for Fort Benning Ga under my name. Are you talking about Hunter Army Airfield or a diffrent HAAF?

Comment

Can you see the Fort Benning under my name or can only the user (me) see that?

Comment

And the resume isn't really that impressive. I wrestled my whole life. Went to college to wrassle, lost all motivation so I took an Army Scholarship. Once I joined the Army I got involved in the Modern Army Combatives program as it is headquartered in Fort Benning, and I had a wrestling background. I just trained here, did 2 fights, and then they had Jacre come down from Atlanta to test us for belts. Simple story, but thats my hobby.

Comment

Whoops, must have missed that. Yeah, that was Hunter. I was in the MI unit detached from the 18th Airborne Corps and got out in 2000.

Comment

I am in the 3ID and our HQ is at Hunter, so sometimes our higherups have to run down there. There was a change of comand there recently, and they try to make me go, but I weasled out of it. I am in Infantry officer, but I don't love it. I am looking into an MI or Psy. Ops transfer actually.

Comment

did you just stumble upon this board or did our other resident MAC instructor bring you here?

Comment

nope, just stumbled on it. I post over at MMA.tv sometimes. I was just looking for something that wasn't ALL MMA, looked around and found you guys. I really liked what I saw. Lurked for a while, and now I decided to introduce myself.

Comment

I see I magicaly have military up top now? can I have Am. Fighter to? How did that happen, if you don't mind my noob question.

Comment

Originally posted by TrappeBier
                      I see I magicaly have military up top now? can I have Am. Fighter to? How did that happen, if you don't mind my noob question.

I believe you have to show proof of the competition, aka records that you were on the card, video, etc.

I am curious about the Army MA training as I assume it not primary focus. What type of stuff do you teach?

Good to have you on the board!

Comment

Send verification of your fight record to Phrost.

He verified your Military probably by the questions you asked or what is in your profile. Phrost is the owner so he can see the info form you entered to join.

Comment

http://www.fcfighter.com/database.htm

Just search John Stevens

This is my record from FC Fighter. My email is [John.B.Stevens AT us DOT army DOT mil
                          ] to prove I am actually John Stevens. If you look at those fights and care to get technical they are both within 30 miles of Fort Benning. If you need alot of confermation you can call the Army Combatives school and just say "Hey Yall know LT Stevens?"
                          Last edited by TrappeBier; 7/08/2006 5:01pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by TrappeBier
                            http://www.fcfighter.com/database.htm

This is my record from FC Fighter. My email is ohn.B.Stevens AT us DOT army DOT milto prove I am actually John Stevens. If you look at those fights and care to get technical they are both within 30 miles of Fort Benning. If you need alot of confermation you can call the Army Combatives school and just say "Hey Yall know LT Stevens?"
                            I recommend you change you email addy to John.B.Stevens AT us DOT army DOT mil

to avoid spam bots.
                            Last edited by plasma; 7/08/2006 5:00pm, .

Comment

And as for the Army Martial Arts Program, the basic course Level 1 and Level 2 is basicaly all grapling. Drawing from Wrestling BJJ and Judo. These are just to get people the basics of grappling. Level 1 and 2 allow for great exercise, and teaches the younger privates about not being pu$$ys and never giving up. Grappling is great for teaching that never quit attitude that you need in young soldiers.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X