Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullshido? What do you think?

http://www.ndcma.com/about.html

I wanna study under this GM... check out his profile and certifications...

The following are a list ranks earned by Grandmaster Lukacs:
    10th Degree Black belt Tactical Combat Arts System
    8th Degree Black Belt Dragon Kung Fu
    8th Degree Black Belt SeiTo Ryu Karate Do (Honorary)
    5th Degree Black Belt Nagashimatsu-Te Aiki-Jujitsu (Honorary)
    4th Degree Black Belt Combat Aikido
    2nd Degree Black Belt, Shaolin Kenpo Karate
    Certified POLDO (Police Martial Arts) Police Martial Arts Association, POLDO International
    Last edited by Trubble; 6/25/2006 8:33pm, .

I think he needs a longer belt, he's run out of room for stripes.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

I came to this thread knowing it would be yet another fucking link without any goddamn text.

And boy, was I right!

You gets one, then it's boom.

Comment

His resume looks a little fluffed to me and Stephen Hayes actually has a wing in their museum. Aside from that, It's your call. If they offer free classes take them? Ask a lot of questions and pay attention to everything that goes on around you. You experiencing it would be better than anyone of us simply dismissing it.
        Last edited by mrblackmagic; 6/25/2006 8:27pm, .
        Sumus extra manum tuam.

Comment

i did post some text... i didn't know there was a minimum text requirement....

and by the way, i wasn't actually considering taking classes form this guy, it's obvious that he's looking to make some money... i mean come on, a PhD in martial arts... that's a load. reading his bio makes me laugh... i mean, he claims to have trained under the grandmaster for most of his youth... i find that hard to believe... in anycase, it's another blatant case of bullshido if any
          Last edited by Trubble; 6/25/2006 8:29pm, .

Comment

A solid paragraph or two from the subject's page would be much better. It keeps us from being a link farm and just upping some douchebag's page rank.

Comment

that would make sense i guess... i'll reference that for next time... long time reader, firsttime poster...give a guy a break :)

Comment

Much better.

Comment

Well yeah, it looks and smells like bullshido. If not, it's still one very padded resume.

Comment

Damn Something doesn't smell right.

8th degree BB Dragon Kung Fu.
                    Chances are if you see BB and Kung fu in the same sentence its a load of BS.
                    Traditionally Kung fu Doesn't have belts. blah blah blah.

Also a quick search of POLDO comes up blank. The first result yahoo found for "POLDO" was Poldo gets procrastinated.
                    The Police Martial Arts Association does exist and has a website, but i can't find any thing by the name of POLDO.

Someone with more time could probably do better research but my verdict is, this guy is full of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Trubble
                      http://www.ndcma.com/about.html

I wanna study under this GM... check out his profile and certifications...

The following are a list ranks earned by Grandmaster Lukacs:
                      10th Degree Black belt Tactical Combat Arts System
                      8th Degree Black Belt Dragon Kung Fu
                      8th Degree Black Belt SeiTo Ryu Karate Do (Honorary)
                      5th Degree Black Belt Nagashimatsu-Te Aiki-Jujitsu (Honorary)
                      4th Degree Black Belt Combat Aikido
                      2nd Degree Black Belt, Shaolin Kenpo Karate
                      Certified POLDO (Police Martial Arts) Police Martial Arts Association, POLDO International
                      Honorary means shit.

The 10th degree is self given aka his own system. So its shit.

8th degree black belt in kung Fu is shit. Chinese MA don't use Japanese ranking.

Combat Aikido is just silly. Whether the rest is true, who knows. Did you actually go to the school?

Comment

At least we know he's got a legitimate PhD. This is where it comes from:
                        http://www.angelfire.com/ks/wmal/page15.html :jerkit2yf

Comment

Superstar!

When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

Comment

Here are some juicy quotes from his bio...

Grandmaster Lukacs trained from an early age to be a full contact fighter, as was the desire of Grandmaster Chow. He went on to earn eight Titles in full contact fighting. He retired his titles in 1994 going undefeated with a total of thirteen years.
                            Geez, I would have thought that people on here would have heard of a full contact fighter who held 8 titles and was undefeated for THIRTEEN years... Go figure.

A little melodramatic, but someone more well versed than I would have to comment on the names etc.

Grandmaster Lukacs earned his 1st degree black belt from GM Chow after testing before the Grand Grandmaster (the father of the Chow Family Clan). Upon acceptance into the family he was officially awarded the rank of 1st degree black belt in Dragon Kung Fu.
                            Hmmmm, black belts in kung fu.... danger, danger!

Are any of these legitimate organizations? Many sound like mutual masturbation societies for McDojo types...

Organizations Grandmaster Lukacs is associated with:

(others snipped)

Brotherhood; Order of The Arrow
                            Is this his D&D group? Seriously, the Brotherhood of the Order of the Arrow? Weren't they in the Davinci Code?

All in all, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
                            Jesus loves you. I think you're an asshole.

Comment

Oeder of the Arrow is an organization with the Boy Scouts!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X