Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Capoeira Kickboxer" Lots of crap, and some cool moves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Capoeira Kickboxer" Lots of crap, and some cool moves.

Hi all, I was idling on youtube and decided to look for some funny capoeira videos ( I find the level of athleticism and all around good mood of typically displayed by capoeirista videos very enjoyable) and found this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neIV9...earch=Capoeira

Now, it has a stupid name, horrible bagwork, "interesting" punching technique and all that, but my question is, how the fuck does this guy still score some hits? Is it

a) The others suck even more.

or

b) It's dumb luck and athleticism combined.

P.S. I hate him for that "stand on one leg and kick alot" shit.

Because 1 - this is point sparring. Woopdy doo if he lands a point since its not really worth a hill of beans in reality

2 - he's being aggressive. Thats a big part of sparring no matter what.

3 - Anyone can edit a bunch of clips of themselves sparring (any kind of sparring) and make themselves look super awesome. I could film myself sparring for a month, cut out all the stuff and leave only the times I land a high kick and then say "LOOK HOW GREAT I AM BTW HIGH KICKS ROCK AND ALWAYS LAND M I RITE?"

Comment

Right, that's true. Favorable editing ftw. He's still very athletic, give him that. I'd love to see him get his shit ruined at least once after that stupid fucking superman stumble move he's got.

Comment

Capoeira is awesome.

It's not fighting, but it's awesome.

Comment

Word.

Comment

That vids a good reminder to keep your hands up. No matter who you are fighting.

Ahh..FYLING BACKFIST. Those were the days.

Comment

He could use that clip to get some action movie stunt work.
              "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

This has been posted before - that guy could beat my ass at point sparring.

Comment

Hey, watch it you guys. Capoiera is hardcore shit, Dustin Fuckin' Hoffman even said so.
                  Originally posted by Cullion
                  You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
                  Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Comment

So now we know that capoiera can be used in a fight, be affective, win. Old video, but still nice to see again.

Comment

I didn't know it'd been posted before. I did a search, but I guess my search-fu sucks. Back to meditating.

And no, we don't know capoeira can be used in a fight. Cause those were'nt fights.

Comment

Holy hell, his kicks might look cool, but his punches suck big cocks. And why is he the only one wearing a helmet at some part of the video?
                        Last edited by Sokaku; 6/24/2006 7:21am, .

Comment

Originally posted by baqi9
                          So now we know that capoiera can be used in a fight, be affective, win. Old video, but still nice to see again.
                          Despite popular belief there is nothing in that vid that suggests this guy acutally does capoeria. He looks more like a gymnast mixed with TKD. Even during the "play" squeance at 4:52 it looks like he never really did Capoeria but is trying to (badly) imitate what he's seen. He's just missing alot of things he doesn't have that rythm and flow that you see in real capoeria.

As far as his fighting, it SUCKS. The tagging pple in point sparring and he doesn't seem to have any real KO power. He's athletic but I would eat him for lunch easily.

If you want to see REAL Capoeira in a fight look a Jean Silva or find the Capoeria VT promotion that was in Brazil a few years ago. The vids were floating around the internet but I can't seem to find them now.
                          ______
                          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Even Jean Silva only does Capoeira type things for comedy value when he's already kicking someone's arse.

Comment

Originally posted by LORD ASIA
                              Despite popular belief there is nothing in that vid that suggests this guy acutally does capoeria.
                              Wrong. Please notice he is wearing yellow and green.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X