Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Some funny stories about No-Contact idiots.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BackFistMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by rokutanda
    What do they teach at the MMA school?
    Originally posted by Crazyman
    No clue.
    this was funny .. sorry ...

Leave a comment:

• rokutanda
    replied
    Plus, you should learn some groundfighting at the MMA place. Better all-around training and you can school the TKD guys.

There'll be less "you can't do this, you can't do that" at MMA.

Leave a comment:

• vigilus
    replied
    SHit crazyman you should go fight a grizzly bear!

Leave a comment:

• PirateJon
    replied
    If I were you I'd go check out the MMA school, it might be a more productive use of your time than TKD and boxing.
    Yes. When you're in boxing you'll want to try tkd kicks. This is not allowed. In tdk, you'll want to punch effectively. This is also not allowed.

I don't know what it is, but for some reason I still want a BB.
    Get a BJJ BB then. At least that way you can charge $100/hr for privates.

Leave a comment:

• Crazyman
    replied
    If I were you I'd go check out the MMA school, it might be a more productive use of your time than TKD and boxing.
    I don't know what it is, but for some reason I still want a BB. Despite the low rep that these schools have given the rank in my area.

Yeah he was a slightly pudgy 17 year old "Temp BB". In other words in six months he was going to be promoted to 1st Dan.
    Last edited by Crazyman; 6/23/2006 12:43pm, .

Leave a comment:

• frumpleswift
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake??
    I can understand your frustation but, you were the asshole in this situation.
    He was an asshole, and I salute him for it. He got expelled from his school for knocking a temporary black belt (jr black belt?) on his ass. That's priceless. If that happened at a testing at my school the temporary black belt is the one who would have been in trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Crazyman
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake??
    Yeah I know, but I didn't care much at the time. I'm still not too ashamed of it, because they are trying to pass no contact sparring off as legit MA over there.

Leave a comment:

• rokutanda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Crazyman
    replied
    No clue.

Leave a comment:

• rokutanda
    replied
    What do they teach at the MMA school?

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    The sparring rules were as follows: No contact, no punches to the head, no kicks to the head.

I was sparring a "tournament champ" blue belt one day. She kept dropping her hands down way way low. So I kept roundkicking her in the head as a helpful reminder to keep her hands up. Her response: NO KICKS TO THE HEAD!! WE"RE DOING TOURNAMENT RULES HERE!! After class I promptly but nicely informed her of her ignorance. She then went into a fuss about how she outranked me. I continually reminded her that technically I outranked her, but it was to no avial.

Another time I was sparring a kid about sixteen. I kept lightly punching him in the stomach and chest repeatedly. Even though it was pretty much the only legal striking area he still couldn't wrap his mind around what a block was. I slowed it up a bit in hopes that he might figure out how to block. Then he said: God Damn why are you so agressive? It's not like we're practicing to fight for real!! I kind of muttered under my breath, "that's the entire point of sparring". Apparently he heard it, and replyed,"No its' to have fun, and to help you win tournaments, not to practice hurting each other".

Yet another time I was at a test. I was sparring a "temporary blackbelt" as part of my high green belt test. This guy kept opening up with a punch to the head so I blocked it and did a no contact front foot sidekick to his ribs. He no contact blocked it and countered with a spinning kick of some kind that I couldn't make out. Was it a sidekick or a hook kick? I don't know. So anyway we kept repeating ourselves a few times. Eventually he said "Why do you keep doing that kick when it doesn't hit me?" I cracked a grin and asked him if I could show him why. "Show me!" So the next time he opened up with his punch to the head I did my front foot sidekick and knocked him on his ass.

I passed my test but was no longer allowed to go to their school..

Leave a comment:

• Crazyman
    replied
    If you want full contact, you probably shouldn't be at a TKD school. Any Muay Thai, kickboxing, or Kyokushin schools around your area?

I did TKD for 8 years, reached 2nd degree black, quit & joined a Goju Ryu school where I got my ass whooped on a daily basis by green belts, but actually learned a bit about sparring.
    There's a MMA school, and a boxing school. I plan on doing TKD and Boxing until I can get to a good level of athleticsm. Then I might ease myself into the MMA school.

Also not all TKD schools do no-contact. Seems like there's more and more no contact schools these days though.

Leave a comment:

• Crazyman
    replied
    Nope. I don't think I can fight. But I'd be a lot better off in a fight than these guys.

Leave a comment:

• Bang!
    replied
    . . . He said: God Damn why are you so agressive? It's not like we're practicing to fight for real!! I kind of muttered under my breath, "that's the entire point of sparring". Apparently he heard it, and replyed,"No its' to have fun, and to help you win tournaments, not to practice hurting each other".
    The difference between you and those other kids is that you actually think you can fight.

Leave a comment:

• rokutanda
    replied
    If you want full contact, you probably shouldn't be at a TKD school. Any Muay Thai, kickboxing, or Kyokushin schools around your area?

I did TKD for 8 years, reached 2nd degree black, quit & joined a Goju Ryu school where I got my ass whooped on a daily basis by green belts, but actually learned a bit about sparring.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X