Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking: why do many people smoke in MMA/TMA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Losco
    replied
    Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
    The Street makes the laws. That's why they're so deadly.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.
    Finally some reasonable words

Leave a comment:

• AprilRains
    replied
    The Street makes the laws. That's why they're so deadly.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Losco
    replied
    Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Sweet nicotine high? The only high I ever had from nicotine was quitting and starting again. For that first high. Down hill after that. There is no "sweet nicotine high". Better off to go licking toads, doing bath salts or some other highlights I've never personally tried but have heard of. Ain't nothing sweet about nicotine.

There are, however, some other drugs that I truly enjoy. LSD, mescaline, DMT, MMDA, cocaine, meth and others. Some big pharma one's now gone from the PDR of yesterday. Cause not good and no longer available (in that trade name). Enjoyed so much that I do not now and most likely will not consume again. Most likely cause maybe never say never.

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Sweet nicotine high? The only high I ever had from nicotine was quitting and starting again. For that first high. Down hill after that. There is no "sweet nicotine high". Better off to go licking toads, doing bath salts or some other highlights I've never personally tried but have heard of. Ain't nothing sweet about nicotine.

There are, however, some other drugs that I truly enjoy. LSD, mescaline, DMT, MMDA, cocaine, meth and others. Some big pharma one's now gone from the PDR of yesterday. Cause not good and no longer available (in that trade name). Enjoyed so much that I do not now and most likely will not consume again. Most likely cause maybe never say never.

@ Gonzo

Yeah,

the Hungryjoe period....

to the rest

You don't have to "just say no". How about, "Just don't be stupid."?

I lament the fact that I am too old to have ever attended a rave. I have, though, seen and done some shit, real or not. More so, I've seen what it's done to a lot of people before me in the long stretch of of life. Yeah. Take this appeal to authority for what it is. Have a good time. Walk the edge but don't fall over the precipice.

Don't say "no to drugs". Say yes, enjoy and have a good time, within reason. Don't smoke cigarettes or lick toads. Not much to be gained other than a short high and a bad taste in mouth.

.....amen....

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Nicotine is the monster drug to quit once you're walking with that monkey on your back.

Don't argue. Listen. I quit all of the easy stuff.

Good cigar every now and then? Hell yeah. Cigarettes? The tobacco companies put all kinds of shit for better delivery, higher dose delivery, higher dose period and have lobbied millions (billions?) to keep the formulas secret and out of the hand and control of the FDA.

Smoking cigarettes is like eating a lard sandwich every day. Insidious attack on you. Difference being the lard sandwich may make you lose sight of your dick / cooch cause you can't bend over that far. The cigarettes will make it an effort to bend over an try to look, period.

Don't be stupid. Like me.

Leave a comment:

• Kravbizarre
    replied
    I prefer to smell cigarette smell on a training partner opposed to an unwashed/smelly gi.

Leave a comment:

• Sam Losco
    replied

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Fucker broke my link. It was the shrooms joke, eh?
    https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...=1#post2974371

Leave a comment:

• hungryjoe
    replied
    Originally posted by Devil View Post
    Awesome job. You dug deep for this one.
    Truly deep. I am in awe.

....pulls Juul.

Leave a comment:

• Devil
    replied
    Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    It's a good way to wind down after a tough training session, and it makes you look cool.
    Awesome job. You dug deep for this one.

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    It's a good way to wind down after a tough training session, and it makes you look cool.

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    Just to be fair I did do some quick research and a lot of what Fisting Kittens is true.

The lungs can and do regenerate if the the smoker stops before a irreversible disease like cancer is contracted, but I would hardly call the rate astonishing. The people at the Canadian Cancer Society (sorry I could find anything from the AMA) say:

Is damage caused by smoking permanent?

Not if the smoker stops soon enough. In smokers who have stopped before the onset of irreversible heart and circulatory disease, the body begins to repair itself. Normally, after a year of non-smoking, the risk of a heart attack is reduced by half. After 10 to 15 years of non-smoking, it's about the same as that of someone who has never smoked.
    The most popular thing that came up in the search engine after I put in "smoking damage regeneration lung" was and article called "Teenage Smoking Causes Permantnent Lung Damage" that says:

A study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute has shown that smoking in the teenage years causes dramatic and lifelong DNA damage in the lungs. In fact, the young smokers could be at a permanently higher risk of developing lung cancer, even if they later quit.

This information comes at a time when surveys by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) indicate that the percentage of high school smokers rose from 34.8 percent in 1995 to 36.4 percent in 1997.

In this study, researchers tested for DNA alterations in the non-cancerous lung tissue of patients being treated for lung tumors. The healthy tissue was tested for the number of DNA alterations per 10 billion cells. Researchers found that former smokers who started between age 7 and 15 had an average of 164 genetic alterations. Ex-smokers who started between ages 15 and 17 had on average 115 alterations. And among former smokers who did not start smoking until after age 20, the number of DNA alterations averaged 81.

Experts say that DNA alterations in the lung tissue occur when chemicals in tobacco smoke fuse with genes in the DNA and cause mutations that can significantly increase the likelihood of cancer.

But that has nothing to do with short term athletic performance, so it doesn't really apply here.

The American Lung Association List the Following as a timeline of the benefits of quiting smoking:

When smokers quit, within twenty minutes of smoking that last cigarette the body begins a series of changes.

At 20 minutes after quitting:

blood pressure decreases

pulse rate drops

body temperature of hands and feet increases

At 8 hours:

carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal

oxygen level in blood increases to normal

At 24 hours:

chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings start regrowing

ability to smell and taste is enhanced

The first year after quitting:

At 2 weeks to 3 months:

circulation improves

walking becomes easier

lung function increases

1 to 9 months:

coughing, sinus congestion, fatigue, shortness of breath decreases

1 year:

excess risk of coronary heart disease is decreased to half that of a smoker

Long-term Benefits of Quitting

At 5 years:

from 5 to 15 years after quitting, stroke risk is reduced to that of people who have never smoked.

At 10 years:

risk of lung cancer drops to as little as one-half that of continuing smokers

risk of cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus, bladder, kidney, and pancreas decreases

risk of ulcer decreases

At 15 years:

risk of coronary heart disease is now similar to that of people who have never smoked

risk of death returns to nearly the level of people who have never smoked
    <marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Leave a comment:

• tenguatemypuppy
    replied
    See? That directly effects you. I would make another conclusion about that situation, but I don't know if you'd be insulted by me hurling abuse at your mom.

Leave a comment:

• Punisher
    replied
    All I know is according to my doctor I still have lung damage from when my mother used to smoke constantly around me in places like the car with the window rolled up. At age eight, the doctor was convinced that I was a smoker and had the chest films to prove it.

Like you said, I'm no doctor, and maybe there is some "point of no return" and you did stop before irreputable damage was done.

<marquee>Dragon , Snake , Tiger , Leopard , Crane. R.M.F.A.F.T.A.T.! </marquee>

Leave a comment:

• Fisting Kittens
    replied
    punisher you have no idea what you are talking about. Lungs actually regenerate at an astonishing level. Go read some AMA reports. You do get it all back. And you can't compare health problems that are completely unrelated. That's just absurd.

---------
    Shut up and train

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X