Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Jeff Speakman has da real AK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Speakman has da real AK?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ct3UrNPxwc

Interesting footage of Jeff Speakman's guys fighting. This is one of the first videos I've seen of any Ke?po guy that wasn't in the ring, but sparring with 4oz fingerless gloves. Not exactly the best stuff, but I'm nowhere near one to talk. Only thing that made me chuckle was the guy trying to do the ol' elbow to the spinety to stop a takedown.
    Last edited by Ke?poFist; 5/10/2006 11:35pm, .
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Since when did American Kempo have ground fighting and takedowns?

Comment

Originally posted by mad_mally
      Since when did American Kempo have ground fighting and takedowns?
      Since I put it there! You got a problem wit dat?
      Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
      ...Willing is not enough you must do
      ~Bruce Lee

Comment

It looked like they must have been controlling their strikes, or else someone would have dropped. But hell, they look rough, and better then most kempo I've seen.
        "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

I liked it. For better or worse it looks a lot like what I do.

Comment

Originally posted by new2bjj
            It looked like they must have been controlling their strikes, or else someone would have dropped. But hell, they look rough, and better then most kempo I've seen.
            please tell me you're not saying that for the elbow in the spine thing....
            Martial Arts is like sex, if you over complicate it with exotic sounding names, theories and principles, you end up fucking yourself in the ass. -Ronin69

Comment

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
              I liked it. For better or worse it looks a lot like what I do.
              I think your name should be GoJoe-Ryu.

-dagorilla :)

Comment

Where's that tremendous kenpo handspeed we keep hearing about? Shouldn't they have been throwing 17 deadly strikes per second?

It's great that these guys actually try to put their shit to the test, but it looks like they need to spar way more often. They looked like they were afraid to get hit.

Comment

Not bad. I enjoyed the video.

Now I'm going to have to watch "Perfect Weapon" again.

Comment

Not bad. Its way better than alot of Kenpo thats been posted.

And note the elbow to the spine did NOT stop the takedown so that kills that "antigrapplilng" theory.
                    ______
                    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Anyone willing to spar is ok in my book. I give them a A for effort. I dont understand the whole stand in horse stanc and get snap kicked in the chest thing, but hey to each their own.
                      "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

Originally posted by LolodesBois
                        please tell me you're not saying that for the elbow in the spine thing....
                        No, not for the spinal elbow, jeez I didn't say everything looked fantastic, but it looked like some decent sparring in some of the cases, in others, it looked like lame point sparring. At least they are wrking on GNP and Subs. Poswt your schools sparring to we can see the real deal.
                        "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross

Comment

Originally posted by DerAuslander108
                          Now I'm going to have to watch "Perfect Weapon" again.
                          Me too. I remember enjoying it when I was 12, it should be about as much fun now.
                          :new_all_c

Comment

Yeah...good movie...

Plus, it opens with that song...by CnC Dance Factory.

I'm impressed I remembered their name.

Comment

According to my cousin who went to San Diego the same year that movie released, that song was played 3-5 times per hour on every radio station.

I recall that year. I also recall hating CnC dance factory.

I'm surprised I can even listen to techno at all now.
                              :new_all_c

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X