X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Leet Spelling

"yay another _ _ thread"

http://www.wingtjun.nl/yipman.html

I never have the will to read long histories like that, especially when they are filled with too many names sounding like Long Wang and Sum Yung Gai. Most of it sounds like horse-shit "On the day that Tiger Wong came to collect the money. The cook who, up till now, was not taken into consideration and was thought to be a little" etc etc

Still, it does offer some crazy shit about somebody other than Leung Bik kicking Yip Man's arse, so on that story alone, I include it.

Supercrap's history of Wing Chun is still acknowledged as canonical truth.

Flame insurance:
    Searched for: Wing Tjun (although swear to god I have seen this posted before...so here is that yellow motherfucker again)

Yeah, I thought it was posted already. Yet all I could find was this thread.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33900

Wyng Tjun. So, 2 new spellings wow.

http://www.oewtb.de/de/wyngtjun/wyngtjun.htm

Comment

its 1337 not leet fucking n00b. If you are going to sp34|< 1337. do it fucking right.

Comment

Originally posted by KageKaze
        its 1337 not leet fucking n00b. If you are going to sp34|< 1337. do it fucking right.
        1. try decaffeinated
        2. check his join date, n00b
        edit:
        3. postcount != intelligence poster
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp
          1. try decaffeinated
          2. check his join date, n00b
          edit:
          3. postcount != intelligence poster
          1. I switched from Red Bull to Liquid Z
          2. Touche'
          3. Its fucking 1337 and not leet. You got English and you got 1337 sp34k. 'leet" is not correct in either.

Comment

Results 1 - 10 of about 2,930,000 for leet. (0.10 seconds)

:ohyea7qh:

Comment

Better yet, "Vinh Xuan"?

Comment

What the hell? That's just a bunch of scenes from The Legend and Once Upon A Time In China series'...that's pretty lame if you're using choreographed movie clips to promote your own damn style.

EDIT - Oh yeah, and I swear I say Guan Yu from Dynasty Warriors in there...

Comment

Regardless of how 1337 is spelled, I think we can all agree that it's retarded.

Same with ?ing ?un.

Comment

Netherlands - Wing Tjun
                    Germany - Wyng Tjun

could the spellings reflect differences between orthography in those languages and english?
                    52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

Maybe that's why there's so damn many...but then again, why doesn't the same apply to other styles? Why only Wing Chun?

Comment

Originally posted by meng_mao
                        Netherlands - Wing Tjun
                        Germany - Wyng Tjun

could the spellings reflect differences between orthography in those languages and english?

No, because the other spellings are in those countries, too. It's just a way to pay homage to Leung Ting's WT while also getting to be cheap about paying their dues. :smile:

I will point out that Dagon Akujin's entry is not a "leet" spelling. It is Vietnamese.
                        Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                        "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                        Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                        Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                        Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                        Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                        Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                        I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                        TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                        ATTN TOM KAGAN
                        World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                        Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                        I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                        Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

well, for what it's worth, when i was over in Loughborough University for a visit, that's in Loughborough England. in the student bar, that's right student bar, there was a board with the school's athletic accomplishments. and one was a 2nd place for Tea Kwon Do.

so either regional spellings DO matter, or English people are retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung-Fu-Ramma
                            Maybe that's why there's so damn many...but then again, why doesn't the same apply to other styles? Why only Wing Chun?

(drum roll please)

Bruce Lee.

Actually, the others who pronounce the ideograms in non-Mandarin Chinese do have the same problem. Transliteration of the Cantonese ideograms of the 'Non-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' style into an alphabet is not consistent mainly because on the 4th of July, 1967, Yip Man decided that "WC" has no place on an official document in a British colony. Everyone hated "WT" - it was short for "Waste Time". So "VT" was born. The tower of babel was toppled.
                            Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
                            "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
                            Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
                            Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
                            Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
                            Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
                            Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
                            I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
                            TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
                            ATTN TOM KAGAN
                            World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
                            Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
                            I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
                            Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X