X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Jing," what the hell?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jing_%28TCM%29

Jing (TCM)

"Jīng (Chinese: 精; Wade-Giles: ching1) is the Chinese word for "essence", specifically kidney essence, or semen. According to traditional Chinese medicine, jīng is stored in the kidneys and is the most dense physical matter within the body (as opposed to shen which is the most volatile). It is said to be the material basis for the physical body and is yin in nature, which means it nourishes, fuels, and cools the body. As such it is an important concept in the internal martial arts. Jīng is also believed by some to be the carrier of our heritage (i.e. DNA); semen, in the man, and menstrual blood, in the woman, are believed to be part of jīng. One is said to be born with a set amount of jīng (pre-natal jīng, also sometimes called yuan qi) and also can acquire jīng from food and various forms of stimulation (exercise, study, meditation.) Theoretically, jīng is consumed continuously in life; by everyday stress, illness, substance abuse, sexual intemperance, etc. Pre-natal jīng cannot be renewed, and is completely consumed upon dying. In TCM, one secret of long life is to use the least amount of pre-natal jīng and the most of post-natal. Many disciplines related to qigong are devoted to the replenishment of "lost" jīng, by restoring the post-natal jīng."

Does sex really effect how we preform in MAs? Also, is there a simialer concept in regards to women? I really have no clue, so any *proven* input would be very interesting.
    No
    23.66%
    Yes
    19.35%
    I would screw weather I win or lose
    17.20%
    I would screw just for the fun of it, who cares about fighting
    11.83%
    My master says I shouldn't even masterbate for a year before my fight
    5.38%
    yer stoopid
    22.58%

I'm a skeptic regarding much TCM, but they were probably trying to explain the same phenomenon observed by a lot of modern sports coaches who tell people to stay off sex or masturbation before a competition. I have no idea if there is are any scientific studies to back this up, but I can see how it could help by making a guy temporarily more aggressive.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

I'm a skeptic regarding much TCM, but they were probably trying to explain the same phenomenon observed by a lot of modern sports coaches who tell people to stay off sex or masturbation before a competition. I have no idea if there is are any scientific studies to back this up, but I can see how it could help by making a guy temporarily more aggressive.
      !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullion
        that's my point tho, no proof, that's what I'm curious about. and again, is there a similar female phenomenon? if there isn't I would debunk it right away.

Comment

My first girlfriend trained Karate with me. Sex and martial arts were fused in a rampant sexual frenzy.

It was good.
          Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
          click here to order on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by DAYoung
            My first girlfriend trained Karate with me. Sex and martial arts were fused in a rampant sexual frenzy.

It was good.
            lucky bastard...

Comment

Well, she wasn't all that pretty, but she made up for it with enthusiasm, adventure, and skill.

Comment

Well, she wasn't all that pretty, but she made up for it with enthusiasm, adventure, and skill.
                in that case I meant: LUCKY BASTARD!!!:icon_lol:

Comment

Yes. She was quite the rampant sex addict.

And not just with me...

Comment

I tend to have crazy girlfriends. Most of them are pretty big fans of having lots of sex (or they don't last long as girlfriends). The only time I ever really noticed sex interfering with my Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was when she stayed at my apartment for 5 days straight (my roommate had gone home for Christmas), and we did it 3-4 times a day (this is an average, the last day she stayed over we went for a record and made it to 6 times in less than 24 hours before she conceded defeat). Beyond the rather enormous amounts of sex we were having, I don't sleep well when I have to share a bed with someone. As you can imagine, I was pretty worn out by the end of the week.

I've dated girls that were up for a root 2-3 times a day since, but it's never interfered with my BJJ other than that one time.
                    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Garbanzo Bean
                      we did it 3-4 times a day (this is an average, the last day she stayed over we went for a record and made it to 6 times in less than 24 hours before she conceded defeat). [...] As you can imagine, I was pretty worn out by the end of the week.
                      Wimp.

You must have an 'external' style of lovemaking.

Comment

I tried to come up with a retort that revolved around you being a three pump chump, but I'm too tired to try very hard. . . so instead you get:

It was pretty internal for your mom.

Comment

I tried to come up with a retort that revolved around you being a three pump chump, but I'm too tired to try very hard. . . so instead you get:

It was pretty internal for your mom.
                          I give you six out of ten for trying, minus one point for perhaps being my dad.

Which reminds me, your grandmother called: she says your buttplug is staining her underwear.

By the way, I put more effort in because I have more energy. I have more energy because you train harder. The joke's on me, really.
                          Last edited by DAYoung; 5/02/2006 4:16am, .

Comment

I put more effort in because I have more energy. I have more energy because you train harder. The joke's on me, really.
                            Actually I'm out with a fairly nasty rib injury and pretty heavily dosed on pain medication, which, among other unpleasant side effects, gives me insomnia.

In case anyone's curious, sex is not enjoyable when your ribs are capable of dislocating and poking you in the upper abdominals if you move too quickly, or pretty much at all, really.

Comment

Actually I'm out with a fairly nasty rib injury and pretty heavily dosed on pain medication, which, among other unpleasant side effects, gives me insomnia.

In case anyone's curious, sex is not enjoyable when your ribs are capable of dislocating and poking you in the upper abdominals if you move too quickly, or pretty much at all, really.
                              Shit, yeah. I forgot about that. I'm also injured, but my ten weeks are almost up. Fingers crossed for both of us.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X