Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JKD's legitamacy?

Hi,
    I'm new to the forums. I just started taking muay thai, boxing, and grappling (taken from judo, bjj, sambo, and wrestling). Anywhoooooo, my question is to the legitamacy of Jeet Kune Do in the streets? Is it just another "here (insert friend's name), check out this new move, ok first stand like this....and don't move.."? Or does it have some practical aspects to it. Thnx for replies.

Sincerely,
    Hellokitty (i know, the name strikes fear into your heart) :confused:

Did you not see the forum labelled "newbietown". Suggest you head over there hellokitty. Also search for JKD.
    He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Originally posted by A Better American Than You
    In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Comment

Will do sir. Thnx homes.

Comment

Moved to YMAS

HelloKitty - fix that style field or I'll ban you. Thanks.
        One Somali Pirate.

Comment

JKD sucks. Everyone who takes it is a pussy. Go to Newbietown.
          Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Mr Mantis, how is it I change my style, what link do I need to find. Thnx. By the way, you're one fine white ape if I may so myself.......which I may.....

Comment

JKDDick, it sucks so bad why the hell put it in your style, thus making you the pussy? Or were you being sarcastic...?

Comment

Originally posted by hellokitty
                JKDDick, it sucks so bad why the hell put it in your style, thus making you the pussy? Or were you being sarcastic...?

LOL JKDDick!!! tell me that was a typo! that is too funny!

p.s. JKD... Chick is female
                People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
                I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Comment

must....avoid......JKDChick......rage.

just hope she doesn't jump on Omega's shoulders and go masterblaster on your noobie ass.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenJonas
                    must....avoid......JKDChick......rage.

just hope she doesn't jump on Omega's shoulders and go masterblaster on your noobie ass.
                    Who run Barter Town?
                    People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
                    I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Comment

Two men enter, one man leaves.

Someone didn't spend anytime lurking before they posted.
                      Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Mr Mantis, how is it I change my style, what link do I need to find. Thnx. By the way, you're one fine white ape if I may so myself.......which I may.....
                        Go to your user control panel and edit your profile.
                        One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
                          Two men enter, one man leaves.

Someone didn't spend anytime lurking before they posted.
                          I smell blood...
                          Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

JKDDICK....... funny.....*chuckles*
                            カンフー

Comment

Perhaps the old favorite link of "Posting and You" needs to be a NewbieTown stickie?

--J.D.
                              Why yes, I still have sand in my vagina! It is because I am a lying cowardly child who got buttfucked by MEANIE Doctor X! I also do not know the Latin and it makes me cry!!--Phrost

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X