How big is this ATA thing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You win.

Last edited by wagamichi; 4/23/2006 4:11pm, .
    When You absolutely have to hide a body...try Alaska.

Comment

The answer to both your questions is the ATA and organizations like it are so big they are what people think of when you say "TKD"

edit:

Jesus Wama, mav

thanks for fucking up this thread

Comment

best TKD thread ever.
        :new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
          The answer to both your questions is the ATA and organizations like it are so big they are what people think of when you say "TKD"

edit:

Jesus Wama, mav

thanks for fucking up this thread

I could'nt help it. Real TKD is like bigfoot. People belive it is out there, sometimes a video shows up, or a picture...but no one can capture it. all we know is that in the state of montana, it is illegal to hunt bigfoot and TKD.

Comment

Actually it sounds like the OP goes to an OK school

he might have been good to keep around

now if he stays it's because he's into amuptation

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
              Actually it sounds like the OP goes to an OK school

he might have been good to keep around

now if he stays it's because he's into amuptation

It's alright (the verbal beating TKD's taken in this thread, I mean. The amputation was pretty fucked up too, though.) I'm a big boy, I can deal with people flipping me crap. I admit my woeful ignorance about a lot of what goes on outside my particular style (which I don't and never have claimed to be the "one, true style of TKD") and was looking for information about it. One way or another, I've gotten it.

And the site's given me a chance to find out what all is truly out there. When I woke up this morning I had no idea who Ashida Kim is or such a thing as XMA existed AND that people are willing to pay for it. God help the poor fools who may have tried to learn anything from them and then wander in to here.

Comment

Here is why a karate side kick is better than a TKD side kick.

Comment

Originally posted by wagamichi
                  Derauslander is banned !
                  When did that happen? What did he do?

Comment

Originally posted by GoJu - Joe
                    When did that happen? What did he do?

He requested it till the end of the month. mabey he has class work or something. at any rate, while the cats away the miceses will play.

Comment

I thought he found Krishna or something and was getting ordained.....http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=33580

anyway, welcome Cap.

Comment

Originally posted by wagamichi
                        I could'nt help it. Real TKD is like bigfoot. People belive it is out there, sometimes a video shows up, or a picture...but no one can capture it. all we know is that in the state of montana, it is illegal to hunt bigfoot and TKD.
                        CRAP I JUST FOUND THIS AND YOU BEAT ME TO IT LOL!
                        People often tell me that I fail to see the gravity of the situation.
                        I see the gravity, and I say...

Step right up folks and watch me defy gravity!

Comment

I was a WTTU black belt in TKD -- that's the international arm of the ATA. They tried to charge me 1000 bucks for my black belt. This alone is a suffcient crime to make me hate them. But that fact that I knew more about fighting after one class in my current gym than I learned in 5 years of TKD is the reason I hate the art.

You may have the real TKD -- you might have noticed we get a lot of claiments to THAT -- but as long as you take the art, be used to the idea that 99% of anyone who trains in martial arts with the intent of learning how to hurt people well and quickly is going to AUTOMATICALLY assume you can't fight.

For instance -- where are you hands when you spar?
                          Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Originally posted by JKDChick
                            I was a WTTU black belt in TKD -- that's the international arm of the ATA. They tried to charge me 1000 bucks for my black belt. This alone is a suffcient crime to make me hate them. But that fact that I knew more about fighting after one class in my current gym than I learned in 5 years of TKD is the reason I hate the art.

You may have the real TKD -- you might have noticed we get a lot of claiments to THAT -- but as long as you take the art, be used to the idea that 99% of anyone who trains in martial arts with the intent of learning how to hurt people well and quickly is going to AUTOMATICALLY assume you can't fight.

For instance -- where are you hands when you spar?

Up guarding my head and body. (I'm 6'7" so I keep them a little lower than most just because of where I'm more likely to be struck by an average size opponent.)

When I said something about the WTF to my instructor he just laughed and asked me what I thought of "the monkey sparring". He then proceeded to drop his jaw, put his hands at his sides and hop back and forth while facing me. It was pretty funny coming from a 70-year-old Korean guy.

I don't claim to be the "real, true" TKD but I will say I'm better than that crap.

Comment

You fucking newbie:

Originally posted by capnhater
                              Up guarding my head and body. (I'm 6'7" so I keep them a little lower than most just because of where I'm more likely to be struck by an average size opponent.)

When I said something about the WTF to my instructor he just laughed and asked me what I thought of "the monkey sparring". He then proceeded to drop his jaw, put his hands at his sides and hop back and forth while facing me. It was pretty funny coming from a 70-year-old Korean guy.

I don't claim to be the "real, true" TKD but I will say I'm better than that crap.

Read the stickies fuckhead....

(6'7" mental midget)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31384

Comment

Originally posted by Omega
                                Read the stickies fuckhead....

(6'7" mental midget)

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31384

I wouldn't argue a thing you said about any of the arts I study and so I'm also going to give your opinion quite a bit of credence for the arts I don't. A pissing contest solves nothing, proves nothing and takes up valuable time that could be better spent doing just about anything. Arguing with people over the internet is less productive than jerking off; at least when you finish the latter you've got a little something to show for it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X