'Red Beret' Taekwondo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Red Beret' Taekwondo?

This arvo after training, me and some others at my gym were watching a pair of fighters sparring MT style.
    One guy tried an axe kick, followed by a hook kick. This led to a ringside discussion, which ended with my trainer commenting "Most taekwondo these days is shit mate. That red-beret taekwondo is pretty much the only stuff that works"
    Can anyone tell me anything about 'red-beret taekwondo?' :confused4

Fecetious Answer:

Serious Answer:
    I googled this for like a half hour and didn't find thing ONE about it. So unless they're super-dooper-leetsauce TKD commandos maybe he was mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by Jez
      This arvo after training, me and some others at my gym were watching a pair of fighters sparring MT style.
      One guy tried an axe kick, followed by a hook kick. This led to a ringside discussion, which ended with my trainer commenting "Most taekwondo these days is shit mate. That red-beret taekwondo is pretty much the only stuff that works"
      Can anyone tell me anything about 'red-beret taekwondo?' :confused4
      Red beret TKD is the super deadly korean megalo-kommando style which they only teach the cream of korean hwarang manhood to fend-off the ever-immenent giant robot invasion from the north. I have seen it in action, and now I'm blind. Suffice to say, it's like full-contact chang-chuan wushu, with batman 'shazzam!' bubbles each time a hit lands.

You will never be allowed to learn it, because you are not korean. Learn to be content with the kickboxing and grappling you are allowed to learn.
      !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Comment

Urg, wrong forum. TKD sucks. All of it.
        Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Oh Noes!! the red berets!!!

Originally posted by Kidspatula
          Urg, wrong forum. TKD sucks. All of it.
          But does it swallow?

Comment

Of course it sucks. That is why that Auslander guys does TKD.

Comment

Originally posted by Cullion
              Red beret TKD is the super deadly korean megalo-kommando style which they only teach the cream of korean hwarang manhood to fend-off the ever-immenent giant robot invasion from the north. I have seen it in action, and now I'm blind. Suffice to say, it's like full-contact chang-chuan wushu, with batman 'shazzam!' bubbles each time a hit lands.

You will never be allowed to learn it, because you are not korean. Learn to be content with the kickboxing and grappling you are allowed to learn.
              thanks heaps.

and i wasnt thinking about taking 'red beret' taekwondo.. just wanted to know what it was. So your saying its the good shit?

and for the record.. you dont know im not korean.. i might be :laughing7

What war/s were the red berets in? We dont get taught much about this stuff in australian schools, unless you choose it as an elective.. and i dont dig modern history.

Comment

A crack team of communist French philosophers.

Seriously, there's many different red berets. In Australia, the SAS once wore them (as they were airborne, I think), but I don't think this stuck. If I'm right, this was during WWII.
                Martial Arts and Philosophy: Beating and Nothingness
                click here to order on Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Shu2jack
                  heh, and you suck worse because you take a even more horrible style of TKD then WTF, ATA, :owneddanc

Comment

Originally posted by Jez
                    thanks heaps.

and i wasnt thinking about taking 'red beret' taekwondo.. just wanted to know what it was. So your saying its the good shit?

and for the record.. you dont know im not korean.. i might be :laughing7

What war/s were the red berets in? We dont get taught much about this stuff in australian schools, unless you choose it as an elective.. and i dont dig modern history.
                    Please tell me this is merely a counter to Cullion's dry humor with even duller, more dry humor
                    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

No thanks, I think I'll wait for Prince to put out a Raspberry Beret TKD instructional tape.

Comment

Comment

heh, and you suck worse because you take a even more horrible style of TKD then WTF, ATA,
                          Meh, at least we don't fall on our asses all the time, use body armour, and our hand strikes are actually counted and can cause some damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                            TKD sucks. All of it.
                            I pity the foo' that do TKD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ldYy...&search=mr%20t
                            I think I need to recoup for going to TKD.

Comment

Originally posted by Shu2jack
                              Did this ATA motherfucker just say I'm gay?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X