pride fightings champs are not bjj guys...that says alot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pride fightings champs are not bjj guys...that says alot

so i dont wanna hear that "bjj" is the thing to do cause it obviously doesnt work as good as you think, it has its weaknesses and its pluses, yes that is a word...

its the practitioner, not the art

take judo or wrestling then.
    カンフー

Comment

No, it is not a word.

Comment

What's the point of this thread? :tard:
        Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by elnyka
          Shuma Gorath was telling him how BJJ was the best and how wing chung sucks and he took it personally.
          カンフー

Comment

Originally posted by elnyka
            that bjj dont run shit

Comment

How bout Arona, aint he a BJJ guy?
              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

I am tired of this argument - it is not the style but the person - WRONG!!. It's all the style, the perfection of technique, the stratagy - once these are equal, then it becomes about the person - not the style. BUT there needs to be a hard style in place, that will never, ever, ever be Wing Chung or anything Chinese.

Comment

Wandarlei Silva does BJJ, Genki Sudo does BJJ, Jean Silva does BJJ, Shogun does BJJ... I don't really follow MMA, but just because Fedor doesn't do BJJ doesn't mean BJJ doesn't have a strong presence.
                  Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Cough/Cool
                    I am tired of this argument - it is not the style but the person - WRONG!!. It's all the style, the perfection of technique, the stratagy - once these are equal, then it becomes about the person - not the style. BUT there needs to be a hard style in place, that will never, ever, ever be Wing Chung or anything Chinese.
                    Don't you do Jeet Kune Do. I know people from Hong Kong don't consider themselves Chinese but they are technically.
                    カンフー

Comment

1. Many of Pride's champs are or have trained BJJ
                      2. All of Pride's champs have trained SOME SORT OF GRAPPLING (Judo, Sambo, BJJ, etc. which have many things in common)
                      3. Noones telling you that you have to do BJJ, rather they're suggesting it. BJJ has been proven to almost never be bs.
                      4. Its the Practictioner, but the art has lots to do with it also, if you don't train against resistance, then you're not gonna be good at fighting.

Bringing up your other threads,
                      1. Looking cool doesn't equal effectiveness (see- almost all of Pride's Fighters)
                      2. Some martial arts just have more frequent and lower quality standards/don't spar or train against resistance (see- Noone in Pride does _ing _hun)
                      3. Die Now

Comment

Originally posted by twKoxinga
                        1. Many of Pride's champs are or have trained BJJ
                        2. All of Pride's champs have trained SOME SORT OF GRAPPLING (Judo, Sambo, BJJ, etc. which have many things in common)
                        3. Noones telling you that you have to do BJJ, rather they're suggesting it. BJJ has been proven to almost never be bs.
                        4. Its the Practictioner, but the art has lots to do with it also, if you don't train against resistance, then you're not gonna be good at fighting.

Bringing up your other threads,
                        1. Looking cool doesn't equal effectiveness (see- almost all of Pride's Fighters)
                        2. Some martial arts just have more frequent and lower quality standards/don't spar or train against resistance (see- Noone in Pride does _ing _hun)
                        3. Die Now
                        i never said wing chun was great i said it looks fun...

u people catching feelings over the internet, ha

Comment

Originally posted by Da SHreDdA
                          i never said wing chun was great i said it looks fun...

u people catching feelings over the internet, ha
                          I would just like to point this out so no one misses this.
                          カンフー

Comment

Wanderlie Silva= Chute Boxe Gym which trains MT and BJJ. Silva is a BJJ BB
                            Shogun Rua: also Chute Boxe
                            Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: BJJ BB

DS you need to name 3 pple who were champions who did not train BJJ or I'm Banning you!!! Your ignorance is not need it here. You have until midnight tonight or I am banning you!!!
                            ______
                            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

Fedor counts as 3 people right?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X