Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TKD

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    TKD

    I do TKD. I've noticed people bash it a lot - not just TKD but other "traditional" styles as well. It's sad to see TKDers insecure about their art and start having convulsions when someone disses TKD.

    But I'm also curious as to why people hate TKD. I know TKD has weaknesses and is not as complete as say, Muay Thai, but why do people hate it?

    Do people really hate it and think it's a shitty system or is it just for the fun of pissing off some TKD preteens?

    I happen to think it has some nice things to offer. Thoughts?

    #2
    Thoughts? I think you should lurk more. TKD is all about the chicks.
    カンフー

    Comment


      #3
      For the most part alot of the TKD schools your going to find are only good at point sparring. Unless they do a lot of full contact sparring chances are the school teaches shit. I've read DerAuserland apparently does effective TKD though so there are some good schools out there you just have to look really fucking hard.

      Comment


        #4
        Come to a throwdown and "talk" about it there . It will be much easier for you to understand as you try to not land on your head and then tap .
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
        BILL HICKS,
        1961-1994

        "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
        ---Jean-Paul Sartre

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
          Come to a throwdown and "talk" about it there . It will be much easier for you to understand as you try to not land on your head and then tap .
          .... was that directed at me or him cuz i'm going to switch to muay thai and judo as soon as my contract expires. The school I study at is entirely contact sparring and forms so I can't wait till that happens

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Roland
            For the most part alot of the TKD schools your going to find are only good at point sparring. Unless they do a lot of full contact sparring chances are the school teaches shit. I've read DerAuserland apparently does effective TKD though so there are some good schools out there you just have to look really fucking hard.
            Point sparring? Both WTF and ITF are continuous.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Roland
              .... was that directed at me or him cuz i'm going to switch to muay thai and judo as soon as my contract expires. The school I study at is entirely contact sparring and forms so I can't wait till that happens
              * shrugs *

              I was just saying anyone who doesn't understand why TKD sucks needs to Throwdown against a compitant Martial Artist .
              I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
              BILL HICKS,
              1961-1994

              "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
              ---Jean-Paul Sartre

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                * shrugs *

                I was just saying anyone who doesn't understand why TKD sucks needs to Throwdown against a compitant Martial Artist .
                I don't think a "Throwdown" or whateve the hell that is will prove anything other than the TKD guy who loses just isn't good.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                  * shrugs *

                  I was just saying anyone who doesn't understand why TKD sucks needs to Throwdown against a compitant Martial Artist .
                  damn sorry I'm just on the defensive since the last time I posted, I'm hoping to go to a throwdown once I get some muay thai/judo under my belt.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by TKDer
                    I don't think a "Throwdown" or whateve the hell that is will prove anything other than the TKD guy who loses just isn't good.
                    :llorar:

                    :mas:


                    ...... someone else want this one ? Maybe a noobie who knows the correct answer can do this one .
                    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
                    BILL HICKS,
                    1961-1994

                    "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

                    Comment


                      #11
                      What about the fact that the world's best WTF and ITF TKD guys still remain unable to compete with fighters from more reputable arts like Muay Thai?

                      There are numerous reasons as to why TKD has such a bad rep. A major one would be extremely poor quality control, something that you've acknowledged yourself. TKD practitioners are famous for doing poorly on average in any sort of combat sport.

                      Mind you TKD point sparring is not a combat sport. ITF and WTF may be continuous, but the ruleset is still quite different from say, full contact kickboxing. Otherwise TKD practitioners would see a higher level of success is said sport.

                      Extremely common traits of most TKD styles:
                      - hands down
                      - weak handwork
                      - weak kicks
                      - poor balance
                      - impractical aerial techniques

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by TKDer
                        I don't think a "Throwdown" or whateve the hell that is will prove anything other than the TKD guy who loses just isn't good.
                        Jesus Christ dude, get in a fight with someone, and see how much TKD you actually use.

                        .....
                        ....
                        ...

                        Originally posted by TKDer
                        But I'm also curious as to why people hate TKD. I know TKD has weaknesses and is not as complete as say, Muay Thai, but why do people hate it?
                        Wait, your two statements kinda contradict each other, yeah?

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by TKDer
                          I don't think a "Throwdown" or whateve the hell that is will prove anything other than the TKD guy who loses just isn't good.

                          The problem is every TKD guy thinks they're good. See, you think you're good and any TKD guy that loses is obviously not good.

                          Thats why you personally should go to a throwdown if you really want to see why TKD is not good.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by TKDer
                            Point sparring? Both WTF and ITF are continuous.
                            they may be continuous, but they're still point sparring.
                            Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                              The problem is every TKD guy thinks they're good. See, you think you're good and any TKD guy that loses is obviously not good.

                              Thats why you personally should go to a throwdown if you really want to see why TKD is not good.

                              Sadly, as was the case with JapanJunkie, it doesn't always workout for the best. He got his ass kicked and still thinks TKD is great, despite the fact he's been doing it for almost 20 years.
                              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X