Headbutts in martial arts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headbutts in martial arts?

Hmmm I was watching some of my friends freesparring, one was a judo fighter and another was a brown belt in karate. So my judo friend is about 5 foot 6 while the my karate fighter is 6 foot 1.

After a heated argument about a move used by my judo friend (who held karate friend down and tried to hit him in the balls) they both said that they should fight street rules then.

Next thing I know I'm calling the ambulance because karate friend grabs judo friend by the neck and brings down a headbutt of death on his cheek (he was aiming for his nose but judo friend moved) judo friend got his cheek fucked up as you can imagine...

When he gets out of the hospital and wants a rematch, thinking there wont be another headbutt, they decide on street rules again.

After about two minutes of angry looking fighting on the ground, karate friend stands up and brings a headbutt down on the the head of judo friend.

Which got me to thinking, are there actually any martial arts that involve headbutts??

morale of the story, if your playing street rules, you should say no headbutts

Testa and Gwindumulutu, some schools of karate and some Shaolin styles.
    What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

Really??! badass, sign me up for the headbutt course

Comment

God I can't wait until you're banned.
        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Damn, Street rules don't prove anything. Unless your style consists mainly of groin strikes, eye gourging and head butting.

You should probably try the basic, No balls, eyes, fingers or headbutts. Unless you like doing headbutt to knee and elbow. Those are prefectly fine.

Comment

Soccer Hoolaganism and Rugby-Jitsu both include Teh Deadly headbuttes...
            "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

Comment

Scottish Karate. They call it a Glasgow kiss for a reason...
              SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Didn't muay Thai have headbutts? Before they became no-no moves?

Comment

We never learnt headbutts, but we did learn the deadly five finger exploding heart technique is that an illegal move yet?

Comment

Burmese Boxing has headbutts, if I recall.

Comment

Well... props to karate friend for knowing what he's doing... you do realize you're going to have to bail him out of jail one day though?

Comment

if he dosent headbutt me first

Comment

That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time!! Headbutt me once shame on you! Headbutt me twice I go "DUHHHHHH" and spend the rest of my life eating blended beets through a tube!

Priceless shit - priceless!!
                          Originally posted by Cullion
                          You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
                          Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Comment

See Mark Coleman in the early days of the UFC.

It used to be GnH - Ground N Headbutt.
                            Imports from Japan, Shipping Worldwide! Art Junkie, Scramble, BJJ Spirits, Reversal...
                            Scramble Stuff

Comment

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X