X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kolsyrade
    replied
    Originally posted by socratic View Post
    In case you're re-reading this thread, don't click on anything posted by Dr Jones. The first link Firefox says is an attack site.
    I assume you mean the crane site?
    Yeah, it turned from a serious site into a virus ridden attack site a while ago.
    I dont know if it is intentional by the site owner or if they have just unknowingly become infected/hacked. But there it is.

Leave a comment:

• socratic
    replied
    In case you're re-reading this thread, don't click on anything posted by Dr Jones. The first link Firefox says is an attack site. I don't know if this has popped up for anyone else but I wouldn't trust the fucker.

Leave a comment:

• kolsyrade
    replied
    Originally posted by crappler View Post
    Don't suppose you would mind finding the link?
    Ooops. Sorry
    I was a bit quick there. I was supposed to paste links too.

Fight 1 on the 1964 kyokushin vs Muay thai challenge card
    Akio Fujihira (later fighting kickboxing under the fightname Noboru Ozawa) vs Huafai Lukcontai.
    Im pretty sure this one has already been posted in this thread -but I am honestly to lazy to go trough the whole thread to find it and check that the link is still valid.
    YouTube - Kyokushin vs Muay Thai in 1964

Fight 2
    Tadashi Nakamura vs Tan Charan.
    Sadly not available online as far as I know.
    The result was Win by Nakamure by 1R KO (kick)

Fight 3
    Kenji Kurosaki (who was there as coach and agreed to figh in the last minute) vs Rawee Dechachai.
    YouTube - Rawee vs. Kenji Kurosaki

The Thai names may be a little off. Ive seen them spelled several different ways, and Im not sure which is the most correct to spell it with the western alphabet.

Leave a comment:

• King Sleepless
    replied
    Originally posted by Dargentus View Post
    interesting thread with the exception of the three retards. Speaking as an kyokushin afficioado I've also heard about that mt v kk fight but only as a fable-no verifiable evidence that i know of with the exception of some of the links already posted. As to the other geebags...
    in my first kk tournament i got third but peed blood for about month afterward due to body shots.When i stood in fighting stance my entire body looked grren/yellow from bruises. Also, the Doctor wouldn't let me fly home straight away because of the damage done to my legs due to low kicks.
    In my first boxing match two years later, after the bell rang i promptly hopped out into the middle of the ring blocking a low kick that was never going to land and got my nose broken cause my hands were too low. i continued on and won the fight after learning my lesson:)
    I have also fought mma (again getting my nose broken in my first fight via ground and pound... its a habit:)) and in the cage have fought against MT fighters and in MMA rules at least I will state that in my (admittedly fairly limited) experience both styles tend to cancel each other out and after that it depends solely on the individual fighters will to win.
    My hands do tend to drop when i fight but that is to my kk instructors eternal dismay as well as my boxing/mma trainers:) IMO though i do think that it is a VERY GENERAL error made by many kk practitioners-which I believe is the fault of individual instructors rather than the fault of the style as a whole. Also I will point put that initially Oyama himself trained punches to the head in sparring with his students for some time. I have seen footage myself of oyama battering his students in sparring with hammer fists hooks and backfists (cant find the link now but i'll keep looking for it) to the head so i would suggest that in direct reference to the series of fights that started this thread the whole 'kk dont cover their heads right so mt would always win' point is a moot one really.
    having trained fairly intensivly in the three styles (and a wee bit of wrestling/BJJ) and again only in my own experience it is my kyokushin training that has taught me the values of conditioning, patience, and focus in the arena and it was in kyokushin tournaments that i've been the most damaged. however just because i'm a fighter does not mean that i think that my opinions are more/less valid than anyone elses.
    Apart from the three retards.
    PS; these were my first fights in all three styles just to explain where i was coming from with my opinions I've learned how to block since thank you:)
    Ah ha. Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahhahhahahaha.

Liar.

Post vids, links, or anything because it didn't happen. Shut the fuck up.

Leave a comment:

• turok
    replied
    Kyukushin vs Muay Thai?

they both are good, it will depend on the fighter

Leave a comment:

• crappler
    replied
    Don't suppose you would mind finding the link?

Leave a comment:

• kolsyrade
    replied
    Originally posted by Dargentus View Post
    interesting thread with the exception of the three retards. Speaking as an kyokushin afficioado I've also heard about that mt v kk fight but only as a fable-no verifiable evidence that i know of with the exception of some of the links already posted. As to the other geebags...
    AS for verifiable evidence. 2 of the 3 fights are available on youtube.

Leave a comment:

• Dargentus
    replied
    in my first kk tournament i got third but peed blood for about month afterward due to body shots.When i stood in fighting stance my entire body looked grren/yellow from bruises. Also, the Doctor wouldn't let me fly home straight away because of the damage done to my legs due to low kicks.
    In my first boxing match two years later, after the bell rang i promptly hopped out into the middle of the ring blocking a low kick that was never going to land and got my nose broken cause my hands were too low. i continued on and won the fight after learning my lesson:)
    I have also fought mma (again getting my nose broken in my first fight via ground and pound... its a habit:)) and in the cage have fought against MT fighters and in MMA rules at least I will state that in my (admittedly fairly limited) experience both styles tend to cancel each other out and after that it depends solely on the individual fighters will to win.
    My hands do tend to drop when i fight but that is to my kk instructors eternal dismay as well as my boxing/mma trainers:) IMO though i do think that it is a VERY GENERAL error made by many kk practitioners-which I believe is the fault of individual instructors rather than the fault of the style as a whole. Also I will point put that initially Oyama himself trained punches to the head in sparring with his students for some time. I have seen footage myself of oyama battering his students in sparring with hammer fists hooks and backfists (cant find the link now but i'll keep looking for it) to the head so i would suggest that in direct reference to the series of fights that started this thread the whole 'kk dont cover their heads right so mt would always win' point is a moot one really.
    having trained fairly intensivly in the three styles (and a wee bit of wrestling/BJJ) and again only in my own experience it is my kyokushin training that has taught me the values of conditioning, patience, and focus in the arena and it was in kyokushin tournaments that i've been the most damaged. however just because i'm a fighter does not mean that i think that my opinions are more/less valid than anyone elses.
    Apart from the three retards.
    PS; these were my first fights in all three styles just to explain where i was coming from with my opinions I've learned how to block since thank you:)

Leave a comment:

• Odacon
    replied
    Originally posted by hninjitsu
    no yoshiji never fought the dark lord of muay thai because the dark lord got shot,but yoshiji defeated many warriors in thailand,now the other one defeated black cobra
    Source?

Leave a comment:

• hninjitsu
    replied
    no yoshiji never fought the dark lord of muay thai because the dark lord got shot,but yoshiji defeated many warriors in thailand,now the other one defeated black cobra

Leave a comment:

• ADM
    replied
    AnnaTrocity: Hey, in answer to your question, we spar with little padding (mouth guard and a box if you want / need one) of course women should wear chest plates.

If we're training for a tournament we'll train tournament rules, so 50-75% strength with no padding and of course tournament rules. If there is no tournament we train in free sparring. Which means grabbing, sweeps, hell throws if you can manage it (Oyama was a 4th Dan in Judo, which shows a lot in some of the basics that we learn).

In free sparring we still doon't punch each other in the head, but we will throw it out there there and pull it back as a "keep your hands up or you're going to get punched in the face" reminder. I'm sure if we put on some gloves punching to the head would be alright.

As for the OP, this story is true, my instructors instructor was training with the Chief around that time, he didn't go to fight, but was training there. After that challenge took place (I think one KK guy lost, and that was on points, all the others won by knock out) some MT guy came up to their Dojo to challenge Mas Oyama.

Being that my instructors instructor was a guy from Australia (so not Japanese) he put him in instead. The fight lasted one punch.

The problem with Karate, the name, back then is that there wasn't a hard style like Kyokushin, it was very knew. So if you went around saying "karate beat MT" it would raise more then a few eye brows.

Just so we're clear though I have no facts on this, I could try and organise an interview with said person in this tale but that's about it.

Leave a comment:

• Beorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Bolo Yeung
    der da japs is errogant and talkeded bad about da thai. da thai is da shit muai thai is da shit no one beats a thai doing muai thai fuck da japs they sux0r
    you necro'ed a two year old thread to say.... what exactly? not only is your english unconscionably bad, but your thought process is if anything worse. go to noobietown where you belong

Leave a comment:

• kolsyrade
    replied
    Japanese talk much Shit about other Styles etc.
    Ironic enough, I kind of see it the other way around. Thaiboxers talk much shit about other styles.
    After two decades in kyokushin, I have yet to find a kyokushin guy that does not respect muaythai as a art and sport. Sure many think kyokushin is better, but that is only natural and not a trashing of MT -its just a pride in what they do.

On the other hand, most thaiboxers I meet or talk to online tend to be condensending to karate guys (including the kyokushin family of karate styles). Let me tell tell you, after hearing the same chest pounding "we are the best, f*ck the rest" shit for year after year, it gets very old.

The thais are always ready to brag about the wins they had in muaythai vs (insert random art here) challenges under muaythai rules, but they never remember the first one vs kyokushin that they lost. And the thai guys were not nonames, they were highly ranked Luimpinee stadium fighters of the day. Do you really think that the MT organization would put inferior fighters in a official national style vs style challenge that they themselves had made for propaganda purposes?. If they were bad, so was the entire muaythai world at the time. The kyokushin guys on the other hand came from a style that had not started holding competitions yet -only dojo sparring, and that never had fought a single fight (outside of training for the challenge) with gloves, elbows or ropes. Still they won 2-1 (and the fight they lost was the team coach who jumped in when the planned 3rd fighter had to go back to japan after a series of delays).

Im not saying kyokushin is superior to muaythai. It is not. Im saying muaythai is not superior to kyokushin. There is a huge difference.

Leave a comment:

• Bolo Yeung
    replied
    Hehe nonononon I dont wanne say Oyama sucks. But he dont Fight the best Thais its Impossible to say who is the best ;) But i sad Muay Thai Rules are much Different then KK Rules ;) Thais are not Undefeatable Dekkers or Kaman show it really good ;) But the most talk bad about Muay Thai. I think its more effective then KK. You have Tecnics that you can learn really fast. ;) A good Ellbow Strike to the head and your enemy is KO. AND IM REALLY REALLY SRY FOR MA BAD ENGLISH ^^ I have seen some Vids of Oyama and he is really great but the Japanese talk much Shit about other Styles etc. That is what i mean ;) I think Poodpardnoi is more a Legend have never any Fight of him. But watch a Fight of Samart Payakaroon or DieselNoiChor then you see how effective Muay Thai is ;)

Leave a comment:

• Fodland
    replied
    Hmmm everytime i read Oyama won this Fight he beat him bla bla bla

No Video or Pictures of this Fight? So there never was a Fight. I think that the Thais would forget it if they lost in a fight with a foreigner... And then an good Thai ... I have seen the other Fights of the 3 Oyama Fighter. And i must say that was NoNames. If they win against Somchai, Samart Pyakaroon (i know he is an new Fighter), The Ring Genius or DieselNoi Chor (4 years UNDEFEATED in the Lumpinee Stadium). Then you must know fight he Full Muay Thai Rules... So they use the Head too sometimes :x And i dont think that Mas Oyama would've stood a Chance in a Clinch against an Thai i have seen Benny Urquidez against a Thai under Thai Rules, and he was hanging in the Clinch and lost the Fight to 100%!!! So Benny is not Undefeated and Oyama is it not too and i think he dont won this Fight against the mysterios "Black Cobra".

Here is a Page of Legendary Fighters in Muay Thai if he had beaten one of these fighters, then e would have been worthy to be called strong. I think that there never was a Black Cobra . But you aren't the best in Muay thai just because you beat a Lumpinee champion. Most Thai Champions were only champions for a short period of time!!!! Only DieselNoi Chor has the Record of 4 years Undefeated at Lumpinee and that is really crazy. He was unbeaten for four years, and the thais couldn't find a thai or foreigner who could beat him! So they sad my weight is not 170lbs its 172 or 174lbs to find new Competitors! ( Fodland comment: WTF does this last sentence mean?

So you beat a thai, well that doesn't make you a champ. You beat a Lumpinee Chamion? You're still not a champ. Muay Thai is the hardest Full Contact Sport (Without Ground Fighting!) in the World!!! You can use Ellbows, The Head (But have never seen a Match where they use it), Knees to Head, Body and Legs. I have seen often that they use the Knee for the Legs. CLINCHES, Punches, Kicks (Low, Middle and High) are allowed too! So you see its much harder then KK... So i dont wanne blame KK or anythink like this but the arrogance of the Japanese sucks. They always want to know every time who is the best. I saw Buakaw at K-1, I dont know what they're doing there, but this ruleset is something Buakaw is not comfortable with. 179 Fight at Lumpinee omg(Fodland comment: WTF?!). And they say Buakaw is one of the best. Hahahahahahah good Joke ^^ And look at the First Fight Masato vs Buakaw (Fodland comment: I think he's trying to say: Buakaw is not the best thai fighter just because he's in K-1, because that's not muay thai rules. And now he laughs because Buakaw lost)^^

Here is a short list of real Champs of Muay Thai! (Old and New!) And i doubt think that Mas Oyama would've lasted 5 rounds ^^ I Dont wanna say Thais are Unbeatable but you must Train their Style to beat them. Without the Know-How you will loose really quick!

http://www.usmta.com/All%20time%20Champs-1.htm

Here is an really good Informating Page about Muay Thai and there Enemies!

http://members.aol.com/Thaiboxing2000/match.html

PS: Mas Oyama I think Mas Oyama had a big ego. Maybe he lost against Cobra how he sad it that sound realistic.(Fodland comment: WTF?) I dont wanne say Oyama is a liar or something like this but i have never seen Pics or Vids of this Fight! Oyama rocks and he killed a Bull but hey a Bull is not a Thai Fighter ;)

You can only say im the Best or KK is better then Thai if you fought 1 year in Thailand and not only at Lumpinee ^^
    There, I put it in paragraphs for you, and did a few corrections for you. I don't want to be rude, but the lack of paragraphs gave me a headache, and it did take long to understand... ( Seriously, I don't want to sound mean about the spelling)

Well, you don't like Oyama, how nice for you. But you think Oyama has a big ego? What about you? You're talking like thais are gods amongst men. Unbeatable, their style is the best.
    Well, my X-wing will take your tie fighter on any day :D

Humour aside:
    Accept it, muay thai and thai people are not divine. Yes, muay thai is very effective, but it isn't the best, and it's possible to beat muay thai with something else.

Oh, and as for Mas not having any fight vids , find me a video with Poodpardnoi Worawoo. I can't find a single mention of him on google.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X