Kyokushinkai vs Muay Thai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dargentus View Post
    interesting thread with the exception of the three retards. Speaking as an kyokushin afficioado I've also heard about that mt v kk fight but only as a fable-no verifiable evidence that i know of with the exception of some of the links already posted. As to the other geebags...
    AS for verifiable evidence. 2 of the 3 fights are available on youtube.

Comment

Don't suppose you would mind finding the link?
      "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
      1) That it doesn't work
      2) That it does work"
      -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Kyukushin vs Muay Thai?

they both are good, it will depend on the fighter

Comment

Originally posted by Dargentus View Post
          interesting thread with the exception of the three retards. Speaking as an kyokushin afficioado I've also heard about that mt v kk fight but only as a fable-no verifiable evidence that i know of with the exception of some of the links already posted. As to the other geebags...
          in my first kk tournament i got third but peed blood for about month afterward due to body shots.When i stood in fighting stance my entire body looked grren/yellow from bruises. Also, the Doctor wouldn't let me fly home straight away because of the damage done to my legs due to low kicks.
          In my first boxing match two years later, after the bell rang i promptly hopped out into the middle of the ring blocking a low kick that was never going to land and got my nose broken cause my hands were too low. i continued on and won the fight after learning my lesson:)
          I have also fought mma (again getting my nose broken in my first fight via ground and pound... its a habit:)) and in the cage have fought against MT fighters and in MMA rules at least I will state that in my (admittedly fairly limited) experience both styles tend to cancel each other out and after that it depends solely on the individual fighters will to win.
          My hands do tend to drop when i fight but that is to my kk instructors eternal dismay as well as my boxing/mma trainers:) IMO though i do think that it is a VERY GENERAL error made by many kk practitioners-which I believe is the fault of individual instructors rather than the fault of the style as a whole. Also I will point put that initially Oyama himself trained punches to the head in sparring with his students for some time. I have seen footage myself of oyama battering his students in sparring with hammer fists hooks and backfists (cant find the link now but i'll keep looking for it) to the head so i would suggest that in direct reference to the series of fights that started this thread the whole 'kk dont cover their heads right so mt would always win' point is a moot one really.
          having trained fairly intensivly in the three styles (and a wee bit of wrestling/BJJ) and again only in my own experience it is my kyokushin training that has taught me the values of conditioning, patience, and focus in the arena and it was in kyokushin tournaments that i've been the most damaged. however just because i'm a fighter does not mean that i think that my opinions are more/less valid than anyone elses.
          Apart from the three retards.
          PS; these were my first fights in all three styles just to explain where i was coming from with my opinions I've learned how to block since thank you:)
          Ah ha. Ah ha. Ah hahahahahahahahhahhahahaha.

Liar.

Post vids, links, or anything because it didn't happen. Shut the fuck up.

Comment

Originally posted by crappler View Post
            Don't suppose you would mind finding the link?
            Ooops. Sorry
            I was a bit quick there. I was supposed to paste links too.

Fight 1 on the 1964 kyokushin vs Muay thai challenge card
            Akio Fujihira (later fighting kickboxing under the fightname Noboru Ozawa) vs Huafai Lukcontai.
            Im pretty sure this one has already been posted in this thread -but I am honestly to lazy to go trough the whole thread to find it and check that the link is still valid.
            YouTube - Kyokushin vs Muay Thai in 1964

Fight 2
            Tadashi Nakamura vs Tan Charan.
            Sadly not available online as far as I know.
            The result was Win by Nakamure by 1R KO (kick)

Fight 3
            Kenji Kurosaki (who was there as coach and agreed to figh in the last minute) vs Rawee Dechachai.
            YouTube - Rawee vs. Kenji Kurosaki

The Thai names may be a little off. Ive seen them spelled several different ways, and Im not sure which is the most correct to spell it with the western alphabet.

Comment

In case you're re-reading this thread, don't click on anything posted by Dr Jones. The first link Firefox says is an attack site. I don't know if this has popped up for anyone else but I wouldn't trust the fucker.
              Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
              Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Comment

Originally posted by socratic View Post
                In case you're re-reading this thread, don't click on anything posted by Dr Jones. The first link Firefox says is an attack site.
                I assume you mean the crane site?
                Yeah, it turned from a serious site into a virus ridden attack site a while ago.
                I dont know if it is intentional by the site owner or if they have just unknowingly become infected/hacked. But there it is.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X