No announcement yet.

Kyokushinkai vs Muay Thai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah, Kat is possibly doing a fight at the end of May against a chick that is 6' 3"
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

only if you live in the land of GIANT WOMEN

otherwise known as Tenness.... oh wait. nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
        fat chicks dig MT (please dont hurt me)

I'm not fat, i have big stomach muscles

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
          oh yeah, Kat is possibly doing a fight at the end of May against a chick that is 6' 3"

Then i'll be Kat "Giant Killer" Johnson.

Comment

or Kat "the skeleton slayer" johnson if shes in your weight class

Comment

Jesus Christ I'm 6'3 and I'm a man. Well 6'3 is average for a man but for a woman, man.
              カンフー

Comment

I would like to meet a girl that was 6'3"

It would be interesting to use my powers of love

and not have a crick in my neck

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
                  Well 6'3 is average for a man
                  He's clearly moved from midget world to some kind of beanpole planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
                    or Kat "the skeleton slayer" johnson if shes in your weight class

She's 213LBS

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Jones
                      Jesus Christ I'm 6'3 and I'm a man. Well 6'3 is average for a man but for a woman, man.
                      no way, that's pretty tall for a guy. Go check the wikipedia page.
                      52 blocks documentary: arrived

"Joe Lauzon looks like a quiet, Internet guy..." -- Dana White

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                        She's 213LBS

213 lbs ? Thats about 97 kilograms.

Good luck with that one.
                        Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                          I was always under the impression 5' 6" was the average female height
                          Yay! I'm average height...for a woman...:(

Comment

Originally posted by Bugeisha
                            Yay! I'm average height...for a woman...:(
                            well according to wikepedia at least, the average female height is 5' 3"
                            Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

remember people outside of America and Western Europe are tiny. So there the Mas Oyama story about the giant thai fighter is not possible unless greatly exaggerated.
                              Sumus extra manum tuam.

Comment

I know this thread is old but out of my own experience competing in Kyokushin and Sabaki tournaments; and also competing in Muay Thai. I have done better in Muay Thai, but I think that's because it's more natural for me to be able to throw punches to the head to set up my k icks and knees. In Kyokushin I'm not as good at throwing combinations, for whatever reason. I literally am nursing bruises from competing in a Kyokushin tournament this past saturday(april 29th/www.seattlekarate.net/tournament.html).
                                I think that both ways of fighting are good, and if you like it, you like it. Kyokushin tournaments are a good way to test your ability of throwing head kicks/knees without clinching or setting them up with punches to the head.
                                I definitely agree with the sweet science of clinches/neck wrestling in muay thai..if this was allowed in Kyokushin, I would be at a huge advantage.
                                p.s. Sorry that I don't have video footage like some of you more adapt with computers. Also, I saw that kidspatula fought Emma from Pearson's...I know a few other people that have fought her, small world.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X