Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BJJ wins again (part five bajillion in a series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ wins again (part five bajillion in a series)

Last night a judoka came in and trained with us. I have no idea how much experience he had, only that he offhandedly mentioned he trained Judo and that, after one (1) BJJ class, felt he was in a position to coach me on my armbars and chokes. "Keep your wrists straight", he'd say. "Base with your head so I can't roll you." And, in the event I was getting discouraged, since the stuff he was teaching me was VERY DIFFICULT and someone with almost three years' experience on him MAY GET A LITTLE FRUSTRATED with the nuances of a cross-collar choke, he made it a point to say "GOOD JOB!!! :)" every time I successfully drilled a choke.

He also made it a point to tuck his chin, and then complain I was jaw-locking him.

I was okay with him criticizing my seionage, since my seionage sucks, but I drew the line at a first-day white belt telling me how to armbar someone. At that point I made up my mind and decided I was going to rape this guy when we rolled.

And now, dear reader, I present to you the question: How do YOU think Aaron thwarted the Judo Viado menace?

Did you armbar him by chance? ;)

Comment

Did you use an illegal-in-Judo leg lock or stalling grip? He tapped out of frustration because he couldn't break a stalling grip and broke down mentally, right?

Comment

I think you let him cross choke you from your own guard.

Spoiler:
        ?atalpomo esrever

Comment

... you talked shit to him about how the Brazilians invented groundfighting till blood came out of his ears ?

Comment

Well if you decided that you were going to rape him, I'd say you won by buggerame.

Comment

You gouged his eye out and pushed him into some lava?

Comment

Who cares...?

Comment

How could BJJ possibly beat any traditional asian martial arts style? You must be joking right? :confused1

Comment

I guessed reverse omoplata at first too, but the true answer is basically everything Judo doesn't have strung into a Capcom-esque Hypercombo.

Comment

Donkey-Punch-Gatame?

Comment

I'm guessing you jumped on his back and hooked in when he went for o goshi

Comment

You constantly hummed the intro music from The Legend of Zelda, while benignly maintaining mount for 5 minutes.

Comment

Boyd by lvl 3 Fireball?

Comment

Originally posted by Kein Haar
                              You constantly hummed the intro music from The Legend of Zelda, while benignly maintaining mount for 5 minutes.
                              This is possibly the single most accurate depiction of how I usually roll, but no, not in this particular case.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X