Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cade Lee Karate: No one accepts their challenge - just look in all the newspapers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cade Lee Karate: No one accepts their challenge - just look in all the newspapers.

WOW!!! Master Cade Lee Karate in cartersville Ga. Master of karate with 16 years training, and at Third degree Blackbelt. A fellow martial artist and myself have went to this school to see for ourselves what is going on there. Well, There's no names for any techniques, Everyone was in different dress. Blue gi, red gi, shorts, Maui Thai Shorts, Camo gi's etc.. Monthly dues are high to cover the cost of all the tape stripes placed on all belts. A stripe for good citizenship, one for spelling your name, one for being able to stand up, etc.... Also WEAPON of the Month! One month for a new weapon, one month Sai, One month Kama (dull, Made of tin or foam) And the dreaded kitchen butcher knife used for years in the Orient and several resturants. fast track program to Black belt for added price. Class mainly consists of gymnastics, no formal line ups or apparant method to the madness. Karate daycare at it's finest. So for a fast Black belt from a third degree "master" Here's the place to be. Website www.Cade-Lee-Karate.com

It looks like he has assimulated every single dojo management program available with all their bells and whistles. Including patches and other goodies for the kiddies who act like boyscouts outside the dojo. As a former Juvie probation officer one would hope that he would know what was real and what was not. That picture of him doing some sort of jump kick while holding a sword however is ridiculous. The gymnastics aspect of his school is worrysome, its usually an indication of impractical martial arts.

On the plus side it does not look that he is charging an outragous amount for his adult "courage" program. $480 for 48 classes over six months. ($10 per class) He is only claiming to be a 3rd dan, while most bullshit artists promote themselves to something like 8th dan.

I'd have to see how he actually was as a teacher to know whether he was teaching Bullshido.

Comment

Well, He is good working with kids as far as his teaching skills. The actual techniques taught are almost all geared to XMA type stuff. ex: One fighting combo that I remember seeing was lead hand jab, followed by an overhead open hand slap to the top of the attackers head, followed by two uppercuts, then a retreating defensive posture and then another defensive posture. I'm a Shito-ryu stylist and a former police officer of 10 years and what I saw taught there just might work for self defense if the student stays home and never Has to actually use it. By the way, The main reason that this guy has got my goat is that he is presenting it to the non-knowing public as Karate. If he called it Cade Lee fighting or Cade Lee aerobics or anything else, I'd have no problem with it.

Comment

Good post, I like your specificity and I do hate XMA.

Comment

It's the type of stuff that makes non martial arts people laugh their asses off and caring parents cry...all of that money and time wasted and your boy or daughter gets slapped in the face by some bully in school or mugged on their way home. It's my firm belief that as a master/instructor you are in some way responsable for the way your students behave on the "real arena" of life! If a student gets hurt not because of a stronger or more skilled attacker but because of poor defense tactics and unreal scenaries, it should be taken as big blow to the teacher's ability to...well, teach! Why don't they just name stuff for what they are?

Comment

Originally posted by bobafett
            One fighting combo that I remember seeing was lead hand jab, followed by an overhead open hand slap to the top of the attackers head, followed by two uppercuts, then a retreating defensive posture and then another defensive posture.
            Why? So you can break your hand and sue the guy?
            Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

No, it's in case the guy is actually a robot and the self-destruct button is located there. It's better to always check, instead of fighting he guy for 30min, and then find out you could have just pressed a button.

PL

Comment

What makes me truly sad is when the "master" manages to convince the students they are indeed deadly hardcore killing machines...

Comment

After visiting "Master Lee's " class, I think what he is doing is "feel good karate". Most people equate martial arts with what they see on screen. XMA is for enterainment . not realistic self defence. Since few people ever engauge in actual fighting, martial art techniques stay in the realm of theory. As long as a person never actually attempts to use their techniques they can feel confident, and the teacher can teach anything they like regardless of effectiveness.

Comment

What do they do in terms of competitions and sparring?

Comment

Sparring seems to be the usaual sport fighting, no low kicks, lots of pads and protective gear. Aimed mostly at scoring points rather than delivering effective techniques. I dont believe this school engages in any activities with other schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
                        No, it's in case the guy is actually a robot and the self-destruct button is located there. It's better to always check, instead of fighting he guy for 30min, and then find out you could have just pressed a button.

PL

http://www.jaypinkerton.com/nscomics3.html

There are a lot more of them than you would think.

Comment

Alright. That fucking rocked.

Comment

I asked if they went to other clinics or tournaments and I was told no they only did " in Dojo" stuff with themselves. :)

Comment

Sorry for the newbie question, but what's XMA?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X