Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ inferior to Kosen Judo

"REAL" Kosen Judo VS Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

The great Kosen Judo Master Kimura defeated Helio Gracie, "Creator" of BJJ...by breaking 2 bones in Helio's elbow.

Helio then attempts to "STEAL" more techniques from Kosen Judo...explains why BJJ is so similar to the secret art of Kosen Judo...

Judo stays the same, BJJ evolves, that's why BJJ is better.

Comment

Migo, your sorry carcass is here too? Dude...where to start? Let's see:

BJJ is not Jujutsu at all. Maeda (I might have spelled that wrong) actually taught Judo. Jigoro Kano didn't want him teaching Judo outside of Japan, so he called what he taught 'Jujutsu'. To this day, I doubt the Gracies realize they are actually doing Judo. There's a style of Judo that emphasizes groundfighting, which bears striking similarites to BJJ, except for much sharper, cleaner form and quick, to-the-point grappling.

Judo does evolve. The reason BJJ seems to have the upper hand is because it has no form. It is undeveloped, raw technique, which is why the fighters end up rolling around on the mat for quite a while, instead of throw, sprawl, pin, like so many other grappling arts. Migo, when you take Judo, then you can talk. Until then, keep kissin' Rickson's a**, kid.

Edited by - :-)-: on June 30 2002 02:32:55

Comment

Yep :-)-: is correct

Maeda is superior in skills to all the Gracies, 2000 wins to 2 loss

Comment

I've done Judo, dumbfuck.

Comment

Migo,

You've done Judo BUT not "KOSEN" Judo...hehehe Classical Alter7nate Trolling techniques

Comment

Alt, what the Hell is wrong with you, dude? Why do I keep coming across clinically insane people on every fucking forum I visit!?

Okay, Migo, let me rephrase: BJJ is more flexible and adaptive, but the more traditional styles have much sharper technique. The BJJ guys can win by simply rolling around like mad gophers, but in a street fight, the Judoka have the upper hand.

Comment

You don't know that. I'm actually not sure whether it was Kodokan or Kosen. We'll never know unless I can get an address for my former teacher.

Comment

Judoka have the upper hand on the street? No. Technique does didly squat on the street compared to intensity and brutality. Tank Abbott has awful technique yet he does very well on the street.

Comment

Migo,

Tank Abbot was beat up by a Tae Kwon Do guy out on the street (bar)

Comment

Everybody loses every now and then, what's your point?

Comment

My point was that Tae Kwon Do works better on the street than BJJ

Comment

How does Tank getting knocked out (even by a TKD guy)have a single damn thing to do with TKD VS BJJ on the street?

Comment

The only kind of dumbass who would ever claim that ferocity is better than skill is one who has no skill, period. I used to fight like that, too. I would beat them with my sheer size, but I would get hurt a lot. While I was studying Shotokan, I felt helpless. The technique was oppressive, it kept me from moving the way I wanted to, and it didn't let me bring out my full power. But once I got it down, a level most MMA mosachist asswipes never achieve due to their narrow-mindedness, I was a much better fighter. I have hardly ever taken a hit in a fight, sparring or real, since then, and I go in there knowing what I'm doing, instead of just flipping out and trying to break through with pure testosterone.

Tank Abbot is the perfect example of the fuckwit every martial artist should strive to be the exact opposite of. Sheer power will get you far, until you face off against someone with skill. Most martial artists these days, traditional or MMA, have no skill whatsoever. The only reason MMA comes out on top is because they don't care to achieve skill. Every once in a while, you get someone from traditional arts who knows what they're doing, and they kick ass.

Simply put, Judo is more effective than BJJ on the street. In Judo, you can simply throw them, slam them, and get away, instead of taking them down and rolling around on top of them like a fag trying to apply one stupid armlock or choke, while their buddy kicks the living shit out of you.

Migo, have YOU ever used BJJ in a street fight?

Comment

You know how one throw can KO your opponent...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X