Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McDojo Top 9 List

Top Nine Signs You're in a McDojo

9. You instructor has a Grandmasters Certificate. In Crayon.

8. The Senior Assistant Instructor is a 4 year old black belt.

7. The sign in the window says the school trains in more than 10 martial arts.

6. Your instructor tries to sell you Amway products.

5. While examining the schools tournament trophies, you find 3 for spelpng bees.

4. Reading the contract for the school is considered a kata (and a long one at that).

3. No one sweats.

2. While at a tournament, your opponent finds out who your teacher is and high-fives his teacher.

1. When paying for your belt examinations, the instructor asks: "Do you want fries with that?"

I took this off a website its pretty funny but I think some of you have already prolly seen it LOL

Haha, that's dead on. What site did you get it from?

#10. Your school has the word "SHAOLIN" in huge letters on a sign outside your school, but they teach Karate

What's sad is that I've seen this before.

Comment

I saw drove past a school with a sign that read "Kung Fu Do". If the light hadn't turned green and I had a brick...

Comment

That actually does sort of work. Except it should have been spelled Dao to be chinese.

Comment

I searched for "Mcdojo" on google and this site was one of the first to pop up.That #9 was the one I like the most.

Comment

lol, i like #2 myself.
            having had the reverse happen to me, i was chatting to a girl i was gonna fight at a tournament, she asked who my instructor was, i told her, and her reply was "oh shit".
            marvelous.

Comment

A t.v. in the corner playing cartoons when the kiddies get tired.

Comment

You mistake the number of dan levels for the instructor's phone number.

Comment

9. You instructor has a Grandmasters Certificate. In Crayon.

Didn't Coda Scott have one in magic marker?

Comment

#6 happened to me about 17 years ago, very surreal!

Comment

11. At Grading days the instructor has a bag of coloured belts at his feet and is filling out certificates during the examining

Comment

One school in town teaches Tang Soo Do Karate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mungkorn Dam
                          11. At Grading days the instructor has a bag of coloured belts at his feet and is filling out certificates during the examining
                          LOL... i shit you not, that happend at the last belt ceremony i attended... apparently he forgot a few students... and yeah, there's the infamous trash bag of belts...

sigh... it's still a good work out even though it's shitty for self defense... i much prefer my new BJJ program with Prof. Sauer.

Comment

I was actually talking from my own Krotty experience there mate

Comment

Originally posted by bushman7
                              A t.v. in the corner playing cartoons when the kiddies get tired.
                              You bumped a thread from 4 years ago?

Wow.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X