Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrone
    replied
    It might not quite be relevant because Amaury Bitteti does have some marked skill in BJJ, but Don Frye dropping those knees on the back of his head at UFC 9 is still one of the most harrowing/hilariously OP things i've ever seen in MMA

Leave a comment:

• Holy Moment
    replied
    Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Exactly my point. I don't think Macias could have beat Taktarov on his own. WHat I think happened was he went to Taktarov and tried to negotiate a "Don't beat me to death like the last Sambo expert guy" agreement.
    Macias and Taktarov had the same manager, Buddy Albin. They knew Taktarov had the better chance of beating Tank Abbott, so Macias threw the fight so Oleg would be fresh. A similar situation happened between Don Frye and Mark Hall in the Ultimate Ultimate 96.

Macias would lose to Oleg either way, but he could've potentially given him a good struggle, as Taktarov wouldn't have the size to just ragdoll Macias like Severn did. Macias had a solid career that lasted until 2014:

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Anthony-Macias-53

Leave a comment:

• submessenger
    replied
    Jeebus, that should be criminal.

Here's a story I've not often told. I was once at a social event with a promoter/manager who has really tall hair, and his fighter who had a heavyweight belt. I asked if I could take just one punch, to say I did, and they were like "no, no way, you would be broken or dead." That's pretty much the opposite of that soccer mom vid.

Leave a comment:

• Dr. Gonzo
    replied
    Geez, that's not even funny. That's just cruel. Its easier to laugh when a guy gets in over his head and thinks his Backyard Sool Do can take down a golden gloves boxer or college wrestling champ.

Edit: Yes, I'm either a new wave sexist or a Victorian era feminist with a double standard. I can deal with that. This still counts as a ridiculous mismatch clearly though. No training, no idea what to do. She just flailed her arms and got knocked the fuck out. I like how that little spit fire handled it in both directions. I wonder what kind of asshole set this fight up? On the one hand, it's very important to showcase these differences in skill to prove that this is REAL martial arts. Not some fake taebo shit. Even when it's some old gal that shouldn't be anywhere near a real fight. Then again, what made this picnic boss bitch think think she could hang with the the alley cats? These are the kinds of questions that reality TV should be tackling instead of pedo-enabling tiara chasing moms and Real dumb fuck drunk Housewives of Beverly Hills.
    I hate when event promoters and/or coaches treat people like hamburger,

by arranging matches they have no business making.

Make no mistake, the promoter does that for their own gain,

in most cases does so knowingly,

and are scum of the earth for doing so.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by goodlun View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]18443[/ATTACH]

Do we all remember this good old one?

Geez, that's not even funny. That's just cruel. Its easier to laugh when a guy gets in over his head and thinks his Backyard Sool Do can take down a golden gloves boxer or college wrestling champ.

Edit: Yes, I'm either a new wave sexist or a Victorian era feminist with a double standard. I can deal with that. This still counts as a ridiculous mismatch clearly though. No training, no idea what to do. She just flailed her arms and got knocked the fuck out. I like how that little spit fire handled it in both directions. I wonder what kind of asshole set this fight up? On the one hand, it's very important to showcase these differences in skill to prove that this is REAL martial arts. Not some fake taebo shit. Even when it's some old gal that shouldn't be anywhere near a real fight. Then again, what made this picnic boss bitch think think she could hang with the the alley cats? These are the kinds of questions that reality TV should be tackling instead of pedo-enabling tiara chasing moms and Real dumb fuck drunk Housewives of Beverly Hills.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/02/2020 7:53am, .

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Phrost View Post
    No, Dan threw that fight, all over the octagon.

I actually met Anthony Macias at a judges conference years back. He did not seem to be remotely as crippled as I would have expected after that.
    Exactly my point. I don't think Macias could have beat Taktarov on his own. WHat I think happened was he went to Taktarov and tried to negotiate a "Don't beat me to death like the last Sambo expert guy" agreement.

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    This one’s a classic: https://youtu.be/D6mMtHqXyYc

Leave a comment:

• goodlun
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	chocando-con-hombre-fuerte.jpg
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	4331040

Do we all remember this good old one?

Leave a comment:

• Phrost
    replied
    Did he throw the Dan Severn fight too?
    No, Dan threw that fight, all over the octagon.

I actually met Anthony Macias at a judges conference years back. He did not seem to be remotely as crippled as I would have expected after that.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Outis View Post
    I read the same in some MMA history tome some years ago.
    Did he throw the Dan Severn fight too?

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
    Macias threw the fight.
    I read the same in some MMA history tome some years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Dung Beatles
    replied
    Originally posted by Outis View Post
    Tank Abbott vs John Matua:

https://youtu.be/CUEBjo3fL_U
    Yeah, that's a pretty clear mismatch but tank's super power wasn't ever skill. He was strong as an ox. Clumsy but he threw leather like a mad beast. He could wrestle a little but really his go to skill was punching the life out of people with those giant haymaker wrecking ball punches

Leave a comment:

• Outis
    replied
    Tank Abbott vs John Matua:

https://youtu.be/CUEBjo3fL_U

Leave a comment:

• Permalost
    replied
    Black karate pants and a black cutoff shirt was like the official outfit of the losing opponent for a while.

Leave a comment:

• andrewa
    replied
    Here's a great one.
    https://youtu.be/3qcwxcDNJIk

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X